6 hours ago, Silvavasil said:

Brilliant! Allowed to be inspired?)

Thanx! Take all the inspiration you need, that's what a community is for, right?

46 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

I really love this design.

Thanx for all the praise Erik!

Actually the exterior came together rather quickly, as it's made up mostly of the 2 large and 4 smaller mudguard panels. The rest was just filling in the gaps. It wasn't really meant to be that futuristic from the beginning, but it works for me :sweet:. Fitting the diff in the rear was my biggest achievement, and although the suspension is not super strong, it's working well enough. 

I see what you mean about the mirrors, I'll see if I can lower them a little without compromising any of the look (I want to keep them orange, and I'd rather not have visible blue axle-pins in there...)

On @Erik Leppen's suggestion, I lowered the sidemirrors 1 stud and it does look smoother. The black connector is not distracting too much imho. Thanx Erik!

800x600.jpg

I'm amazed by how many functions you've fit in here and how well it all works. Great job!

I guess you've heard f the KTM x-bow? On that, they left the pushrod suspension visible out the front of the car. Not sure if it would be cool in Lego or look unfinished, maybe worth a go to highlight a really cool feature.

On 4/11/2020 at 1:44 PM, amorti said:

maybe worth a go

Maybe for another build... I prefer the sleek closed body it has now. Scalewise this car is more in the league of fullsized supercars instead of lightweight sportscars, and those are closed also. Since the chassis picture is mandatory this time, it will be highlighted anyways...

KTM X-bow was one of the cars that initially inspired me for this build actually, but it grew into a slightly bigger class along the way.

Btw, thanx for the compliments:blush:

Edited by Rudivdk

Playing around a bit in my room to create a setup that will get me some reasonably good entry pictures:

800x600.jpg

This is what I got out of it, pretty good for a Samsung S7 phone camera I think:

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

I will be creating my entry post soon now.

I really like this design 

it looks great and it’s packed with functions!

The front is not my cup of tea ( I think it is the front lights and the big nose panels), but the rear angle view is very stylish, has some nice organic flow.

Also, fitting 2 Technic figures is such a great addition, adds very good vibe to it. :thumbup::thumbup:

Edit: do You plan to enter the Dirt pick-up to the contest? There is still plenty of time. Oh, just read the rules again: one entry per member. Than, still worthy to show in details.:wink:

Edited by agrof

Yeah, it's a pretty bold design. The figures were almost an afterthought, I almost forgot I even had those...

I'll finish Dirt at a later point and present it in it's own thread then. It's only a bodyshell with two axles now, nothing connected...

Very nice model! A few months ago my son made this. You must have had the same brain wave :wink:.

800x450.jpg800x450.jpg

He likes your model very much!

oh, I was looking for a way to incorporate front suspension in my 42093.

That's seems a neat design, do you have LDD file for that?

54 minutes ago, Didumos69 said:

A few months ago my son made this.

That is just weirdly identical, in a cool way! At least your son is building WAAY more parts-efficient than me :laugh:

Disclaimer: I have never met Didumos69 or his son! :grin:

38 minutes ago, mudseason said:

do you have LDD file for that?

I aim to create full instructions for it. However, I do not use LDD, I only build in LDCad, which uses .ldr/.mpd format. I can share the current .ldr file if you like.

25 minutes ago, Rudivdk said:

That is just weirdly identical, in a cool way! At least your son is building WAAY more parts-efficient than me :laugh:

Disclaimer: I have never met Didumos69 or his son! :grin:

I aim to create full instructions for it. However, I do not use LDD, I only build in LDCad, which uses .ldr/.mpd format. I can share the current .ldr file if you like.

Yeah I see, one of my issues is in fact the availability of parts in LDD: I can't find the wheel support you're using (I think it is 32186) and also other parts that I would need. I downloaded LDCad and library, seems working.

If you could, please share the file so that I can check parts and mod it to fit the ZR1.

Thanks a lot again.

On 4/18/2020 at 2:05 PM, mudseason said:

If you could, please share the file so that I can check parts and mod it to fit the ZR1

It took awhile, sorry for that, but here is the file (link to Bricksafe). It is a raw file, no stepping etc. There are a few submodels inside, for the roof and convertible windscreen, and some flex-hoses/flex-axles. But all the parts for the suspension are in the main 'bulk' file.