SW BRICK FAN

New SW minifigs

I just want to know why jedi need tupperware armor... :wacko:

Stop being so negative. If you don't like the Clone Wars, I guess you're allowed to express your opinions- but stop ruining everyone else's time by flooding the forum with all of this "anti anime" stuff too. I don't like anime either, but I'm not complaining. Besides, these figs are awesome. Oh, and welcome to Eurobricks, and thanks for today's news!

Stop being so negative. If you don't like the Clone Wars, I guess you're allowed to express your opinions- but stop ruining everyone else's time by flooding the forum with all of this "anti anime" stuff too. I don't like anime either, but I'm not complaining. Besides, these figs are awesome.

SERIOUSLY!!! :angry: I'm sorry, but it's getting really annoying now. :sceptic:

Stop being so negative. If you don't like the Clone Wars, I guess you're allowed to express your opinions- but stop ruining everyone else's time by flooding the forum with all of this "anti anime" stuff too. I don't like anime either, but I'm not complaining. Besides, these figs are awesome. Oh, and welcome to Eurobricks, and thanks for today's news!

Where did I mention anime? :wacko:

I was merely asking why a jedi needs armour... :hmpf_bad:

I can only second this. It's really annoying to have someone in every topic just expressing his negativeness :thumbdown:

If you don't like a thing, that should have a reason and so do at least reason your complain seriously and don't just post a simple 'I hate this and that and everything' post.

Where did I mention anime? :wacko:

I was merely asking why a jedi needs armour... :hmpf_bad:

I guess, but he looks sick in it. It makes him fit in with a Clone Battalion better, like a general. Too many Jedi and Sith wear robes these days... :wink:

Uhuh. The one thing I don't really like is Obi Wan's hair. It looks like it's made of polystyrene, or like it's covered in some sort of furry stuff. But I dig the rest.

~Peace

Obi's hair might make a good beret like in Total recall or a IDF home front beret.

cant wait i hope they come out with mini fig packs to like a Jedi pack with random jedi's like a blind box you don't know what you will git type thng.

Wow thanks SW brick fan! :thumbup: These sets are pretty kool! If these figs weren't based on a cartoon they would be :sick: but since they are I got to say these figs are very well done and quite accurate! I hope that there is going to be some small clone ars sets :cry_happy:

I'm afraid I gotta side with the anti-cartoony face faction. I reeeeally don't like those faces.

First the fleshies, and now this. If TLC wants their Star Wars sets to be considered "collectibles," then they need to establish CONSISTENCY across the product line, from one year to the next. Or maybe they don't care about the collectible market? Who knows. If they switched the Star Wars theme to Duplo-scale next year, it wouldn't surprise me.

On a more positive note ... I saw the trailer for the Clone Wars movie. The music and sound effects were enough to get me excited. I'm like Pavlov's dog -- I hear a lightsaber swoosh, and I'm hooked. The storyline looks stupid (Jabba's son? Really??? Meh.), but the animation and the action looks slick. There's probably an easy joke to be made about how CGI Anakin is a better actor than Hayden Christiansen, but I'll let it pass.

Uhuh. The one thing I don't really like is Obi Wan's hair. It looks like it's made of polystyrene, or like it's covered in some sort of furry stuff. But I dig the rest.

~Peace

Don't worry. I doubt that the hair in that pic is the final product. When TLC showed the first AT-AT at Toyfair with the very first Snowtrooper, the troopers helmet had that same 'furry' appearance. After many complaints, official word came down that the helmet was a preliminary version because they didn't have time to produce an actual ABS one.

Yes, and they were right! :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

If they went with the movie style, I doubt anyone would be complaining that we didn't get anime style. I rest my case.

Don't worry. I doubt that the hair in that pic is the final product.

Yeah, Obi Wan's hair will probably be pretty smooth in the end, like it was at Toy Fair:

2273861036_658fdd81d1_o.jpg

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

I dunno why people are disliking these new minifigs so much - I mean, I understand hating the new Anikan and Obi faces, but Asajj and Anikan's apprentice look fine, since they aren't human. :classic:

And the rest - man, am I in love with it! Plo Koon is great - plus it's awesome to see another new Jedi Master. And that Magna guard... :wub: So much detail, and a great new body design. The best, however, has got to be the Clones. Those acessories are AMAZING, and yes - we finally get colored clone 1.0's! (the ones before the episode 3 ones, I mean.).

Man, this new lineup is looking amazing. :thumbup:

Meh only like Rex and Cody :hmpf_bad: the Magna gaurds should be the same as they were in LSWII :hmpf_bad:

Can I have yours if you don't want them then :grin: ... Man, those 2 figs alone make me want the RGS and AT-TE... the fact that the redesigns are included, at no extra charge... makes it a really bargain!

Why is everyone complaining about the faces?! They are based on a cartoon for crying out loud!! :hmpf: They are supposed to look like that!

Decent to the anti-cartoonish club on! :devil: If you don't like em, please, send em to me... :wub: I wish it wasn't so insane to try and buy them on bricklink. I think once you give em a chance, they will grow on you anyway. As you can guess, I am quite the opposite in this, as I wish I could get rid of all my sad old yellow faced cronies...( Still want to keep one of each as a collector...) For once, instead of just some somber smiley face, (which can be nice :classic: ), finally your figures can have some really expression. Maybe Lego should look more at dual facing those heads like the Roboforce guys. Either way, cartoonish heads are here to stay, at least as long as the cartoon has life. I am not saying you have to like them... but maybe you of the dislikers club could try to stay positive... I don't foresee Lego opting to change their minds on this one.

I think once you give em a chance, they will grow on you anyway.

The same can be said about fungus. lol

As you can guess, I am quite the opposite in this, as I wish I could get rid of all my sad old yellow faced cronies...( Still want to keep one of each as a collector...) For once, instead of just some somber smiley face, (which can be nice :classic: ), finally your figures can have some really expression. Maybe Lego should look more at dual facing those heads like the Roboforce guys. Either way, cartoonish heads are here to stay, at least as long as the cartoon has life. I am not saying you have to like them... but maybe you of the dislikers club could try to stay positive... I don't foresee Lego opting to change their minds on this one.

And the same could have been said about the LUL, but enough of us complained and they axed them.

And sure it's based on a cartoon, but the movie style figures don't look anything like what their based on. If that were the case, you'd be buying the stuff off eBay with the action figure heads on a LEGO body. After all, those are based off real people, so they should look like real people.

The same can be said about fungus. lol

Really? Well, as to the fungus part, maybe then that person needs to take a shower more often. Unless it's that nasty toenail stuff... thats even worse, or so I've heard... It was sales, not this website that dropped the final hatchet on the LUL's. I believe the entire world community complained much worse when they went to to bley. Like I said in my post... Cartoonish minifigs are here to stay. Period! I am merely suggesting to all to stay positive, and putting it as nicely as I can because I enjoy it when others delight in Lego as much as I do. Complain if you will, as is your right here, it is not my desire to stifle that... But can I kindly suggest, that chose your words with more consideration next time when responding to a fellow fan. Unless that was not meant as derogatory, and then, you have my sincere apology at my overreaction.

I'm glad you all like the article (if not the minifigs) because I wrote it!

:thumbup:

These all come out on July 26th, when ALL the licensees release their first TCW assortments.

Jeremy

Edited by LEGOscum

I'm glad you all like the article (if not the minifigs) because I wrote it :D

Jeremy

Dude, awsome. :thumbup:

Edited by sir dano

Why is everyone complaining about the faces?! They are based on a cartoon for crying out loud!! :hmpf: They are supposed to look like that!

Just read the thread, good sir! Our reasons for disliking the faces are well-documented in this thread and in other threads as well.

My guess is that the cartoony faces were a branding decision, meant to differentiate the Clone Wars sets from the mainstream movie sets. I'm just not convinced that it was necessary.

I understand hating the new Anikan and Obi faces, but Asajj and Anikan's apprentice look fine, since they aren't human.

That's a fair point. I actually DO like the alien mini-figs and the clonetrooper mini-figs a lot. But those Anakin and Obi-Wan faces ... blech.

I am merely suggesting to all to stay positive, and putting it as nicely as I can because I enjoy it when others delight in Lego as much as I do. Complain if you will, as is your right here, it is not my desire to stifle that

Well said. I haven't seen any personal attacks or anything like that in this thread. Just good-natured debate and differing opinions. Just think how BORING this message board would be if everyone agreed on everything. "Hey, the sets look great!" "Yeah, they sure look great!" "Umm ... they still look great!" "Yeah, really, really great. " Yawn.

Welcome!

I think the minifigs are great I already heard of this but I didn't see all of the minifigs.My favrote is the clone I like the helmet and the neck peice the lego company took time to put detail in it thats why is so great not like some of their minifigs.Im not sure about those hair peices but other from that it the minifigs are great I will give that a thums up :thumbup: .

Oh boy! These look great. Well, most of them anyways...So does this mean with the advent of the clone commanders that we could possibly get more? That would be exciting. Make like miniature platoons. Bacara leads the Galatic Marines(want to see this figs), Gree commands swamp troopers on Kashyyyk etc.

The only problem I have with the figs is that I am pretty sure that Plo Koon has a yellow lightsaber. In Jedi Power Battles he had a yellow saber. I just thought it would have made him a better fig with a yellow. I mean Mace gets a purple one....