Sign in to follow this  
Nazgarot

[TC18] WIP - Car with full independent suspension

I at first was very disappointed that no kind of offroad tires where allowed in this competition. But my creativity is triggered by limitations so now I actually have two ideas I'm gonna try to bring to fruition. The first will probably not qualify, so I came up with this second idea.

I love to make my models as mechanically realistic as possible within a certain scale, so I started thinking how can I build a car with full independent suspension in a realistic way with only legal parts and techniques. I got an idea for a very special car that has a simple but still hard to realize independent suspension. 

This is my first fumbling attempt on making a chassis for it. It will be a tough challenge, as it should be, and I have no idea if I can recreate the bodywork, but I'll at least try!

9w481qOPQCmorWrYK_JGzsEypSyHce7c9rv7i4U2

Sorry for the really crappy LDD picture. More will come as I find time to realize it with real parts.

Question: These tires have the exact same dimensions as the 43.2 x 14 Solid tires refereed in the information topic. Are they allowed? 

-ED-

Edited by Nazgarot
spelling

Good luck, I really wan't to see rear full independent with differential (I don't know if You were planning it) in 15L width. OK, something like on old VW beetle is possible.

Your spot on. That is exactly what I'm going for. :classic:

Unfortunately I'm having trouble fitting a diff without using illegal techniques. 

-ED-

Edited by Nazgarot

I am also following your progress with great interest. For a 16-wide RC moc I tried to implement a fully independent suspension with differential and could not find a solution. So hopefully you do better than me.

Picture doesn't show for me either... curious about this one, as I'm building independent suspension all around as well. I ditched the diff very early on, just too wide...