JeffBuilds

Modding the Barracuda thread

19 hours ago, CaptainMoore said:

Really nice! Love the different shades.

giphy.gif

Yep. It's amazing, but not so amazing that I could justify that expenditure.

2 hours ago, SteamSewnEmpire said:

Yep. It's amazing, but not so amazing that I could justify that expenditure.

Yeah. Something like a waterplate is always only for guys who already have the parts or don't care about money. And there are enough of these candidats out there. 

13 hours ago, Alazon said:

What colour do you plan for the soft axles, which are not available in dark red? I was thinking about changing yellow to flat silver/light bluish grey/dark bluish grey, but I like your idea better.

Pearl Gold or Flat Silver

Edited by Metanoios91

I wanted to try and merge forbidden island with this bay and maybe use as few pieces as possibile, (I had to create a baseplate for the old set though), I haven't really joined the two baseplates, just "smashed" one into the other to see the overall look and where I wanted to place them both.
The way I did is one of the two options and I think it is the most logical, given the large space left by the middle-section of the ship, though I was considering removing the old gray staircase and use the brown one on the right, since it basically go nowhere and it is pointless to have that thing there anyway.

49732952772_f307b4e8df_c.jpgPirates of Barracuda Bay_mod3 by Guglielmo di Napoli, on Flickr

49732952757_a065ce19e4_c.jpgPirates of Barracuda Bay_mod3_2 by Guglielmo di Napoli, on Flickr

49732631491_d90e415078_c.jpgPirates of Barracuda Bay_mod3_3 by Guglielmo di Napoli, on Flickr

49732086063_569b0508c9_c.jpgPirates of Barracuda Bay_mod3_4 by Guglielmo di Napoli, on Flickr

I need to refine and maybe reduce the size of the base for forbidden island and remove parts of the pirate bay to fit them together, plus I need to finish the tavern on top of the staircase on the left and also see if I need to modify further the prison of  FI.
I was also thinking about making it anew and update its stile to match the current set, but that would mean "getting rid" of the original set, which I don't want to...

Also all of this would be possible if and when those curved tan bases will be available on bricklink, otherwise I'd need to change into plates every one of those, so to have a similar beach all around the place. 

Edited by Elusys Ra Arwal

On 4/2/2020 at 2:17 PM, Alazon said:

What colour do you plan for the soft axles, which are not available in dark red? I was thinking about changing yellow to flat silver/light bluish grey/dark bluish grey, but I like your idea better.

You can also use curved tusks/dinosaur tail part (part 40379), which are available in all sorts of colors, including dark red, instead of the soft axles. I have used them in my Barracuda digital build as I had a hard time connecting the soft axles digitally, especially in Stud.io. Below is my render, which I posted as a separate thread before I saw this one. I have made some additional color changes and brickbuilt sails. The interior is furnished as per instructions, minus some part substitutions that LDD inventory did not have. You can download the LDD and Stud.io file via my web page here: https://humblebricks.com/other/

Alternate Barracuda Ship Build (21322)

Edited by Miro78

(I don't feel there is a need for a topic for this one, at least until it is built in real life.)

49732480558_fb2b6fdbc4_z.jpg

Just got done remaking the Pirates of Barracuda Bay set in 100% build-able bluecoat colors in LDD. Missing only a few parts not in the program, and some that were left off to the side. (not visible in this cleaned-up view) Sadly, for the life of me I could not get the old firing cannons to fit where the galley and sleeping quarters were, so I made my own custom ones that did. The ship boasts eight cannons, and is now called the "Liberty", because as far as I know, the bluecoats are inspired by the real world French.

This ship won't be done for a while, as the ship's sails are an unknown factor since the guy I would have gotten them from got kicked off Bricklink by LEGO along with the rest of the customizers. Trying to figure out where and how to get blue and white striped sails of the same size as set 21332!

Any thoughts?

4 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

Just got done remaking the Pirates of Barracuda Bay set in 100% build-able bluecoat colors in LDD. Missing only a few parts not in the program, and some that were left off to the side. (not visible in this cleaned-up view) Sadly, for the life of me I could not get the old firing cannons to fit where the galley and sleeping quarters were, so I made my own custom ones that did. The ship boasts eight cannons, and is now called the "Liberty", because as far as I know, the bluecoats are inspired by the real world French.

This ship won't be done for a while, as the ship's sails are an unknown factor since the guy I would have gotten them from got kicked off Bricklink by LEGO along with the rest of the customizers. Trying to figure out where and how to get blue and white striped sails of the same size as set 21332!

Any thoughts?

I'd change the black parts to brown. And to my eye the yellow and blue colored parts clash as well. Maybe red instead of yellow?
You mean to say you have those eight custom-made cannons there tucked in with the galley -and sleeping quarters furniture? Quite a feat!

I also finished some renders just now for my dark red version (all pieces are existing for this mod):

I also tried out a Dark Brown, Black and Dark Blueish Grey Version (still a WIP). This will use silver accents and a grey figure in the front. When fnished it should look somewhat like the Black Pearl (which I sadly do not own):

8 hours ago, GeoBrick said:

I'd change the black parts to brown. And to my eye the yellow and blue colored parts clash as well. Maybe red instead of yellow?
You mean to say you have those eight custom-made cannons there tucked in with the galley -and sleeping quarters furniture? Quite a feat!

Red is currently very difficult to build right now, as the inverse slope parts are very rare in one set only. And I took out all the below decks furniture and replaced it with the cannons. Sorry I wasn't clear!

14 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

(I don't feel there is a need for a topic for this one, at least until it is built in real life.)

Any thoughts?

Maybe you could contact @legoman666, some months ago he created this topic about sails vector images, and his ebay store where he sells some. He might need some time to get the right dimensions though.

On 4/1/2020 at 12:21 PM, Robin_IV said:

I built a little ocean around the Set. I hope you like it.

Pirates%20of%20Barracuda%20Bay_Water_Mod

Set model from @Elusys Ra Arwal.

I love this as it adds so much to the display-ability. What's the base consist of?

On 4/1/2020 at 3:21 PM, Robin_IV said:

I built a little ocean around the Set. I hope you like it.

Pirates%20of%20Barracuda%20Bay_Water_Mod

Set model from @Elusys Ra Arwal.

That's awesome!  Did you happen to make a digital file (studio, ldd, etc.) of the base?  If so, any chance that you will offer it, either freely or for a fee on rebrickable?  Thanks.

13 hours ago, AyeMatey said:

I love this as it adds so much to the display-ability. What's the base consist of?

+ The Base Stands on three 32x32 and three 16x32 Groundplates.

13 hours ago, teos said:

Did you happen to make a digital file (studio, ldd, etc.) of the base?

Yes I have. Here it is on Bricksafe. (.io)

On 4/4/2020 at 1:26 AM, Elusys Ra Arwal said:

I wanted to try and merge forbidden island with this bay and maybe use as few pieces as possibile, (I had to create a baseplate for the old set though), I haven't really joined the two baseplates, just "smashed" one into the other to see the overall look and where I wanted to place them both.
The way I did is one of the two options and I think it is the most logical, given the large space left by the middle-section of the ship, though I was considering removing the old gray staircase and use the brown one on the right, since it basically go nowhere and it is pointless to have that thing there anyway.I need to refine and maybe reduce the size of the base for forbidden island and remove parts of the pirate bay to fit them together, plus I need to finish the tavern on top of the staircase on the left and also see if I need to modify further the prison of  FI.
I was also thinking about making it anew and update its stile to match the current set, but that would mean "getting rid" of the original set, which I don't want to...Also all of this would be possible if and when those curved tan bases will be available on bricklink, otherwise I'd need to change into plates every one of those, so to have a similar beach all around the place. 

That is a fantastic idea! Looking forward to see, how it comes together. I'll probably make it too someday.

Hello, I plan on making some tweaks to the set. I think I will make 3 of my own sails, and use the full sail set on another MOC ship. Then I think I will cover the water pagers with trans clear rounds 1x1 plates. I may also change the 2 connector parts in the middle part of the ship that faces the front to something that matches better and not ball joints.

How are you planning on displaying / modding your set?

So far so good. This is a mix of my and @Brickander Brickumnus work in rebuilding the original Piratebay. We have no building but at least a door to access them. :pir-grin: Kinda like this pile of brown bricks, although I had to change the whole placement of the ship, because of an error of mine.
49741992086_70723cc338_c.jpgnot the pirate bay 12 by Victory Count, en Flickr

On 4/4/2020 at 1:26 AM, Elusys Ra Arwal said:

The way I did is one of the two options and I think it is the most logical, given the large space left by the middle-section of the ship, though I was considering removing the old gray staircase and use the brown one on the right, since it basically go nowhere and it is pointless to have that thing there anyway.

Nice work there, I like the combination :thumbup:

Edited by victorycount

22 minutes ago, victorycount said:

So far so good. This is a mix of my and @Brickander Brickumnus work in rebuilding the original Piratebay. We have no building but at least a door to access them. :pir-grin: Kinda like this pile of brown bricks, although I had to change the whole placement of the ship, because of an error of mine.
49742232572_bc0027ecb3_c.jpgnot the pirate bay 8 by Victory Count, en Flickr

The two 1x1 white bricks next to the bow need be removed. I forgot to remove them.

I put them there for reference in order to measure the right stud distance.

Just now, Brickander Brickumnus said:

The two 1x1 white bricks next to the bow need be removed. I forgot to remove them.

I put them there for reference in order to measure the right stud distance.

ok, I guess I should have done that too, since I placed the whole ship wrong, eventhough I counted like a hundred times... :wall:
Just saw that I uploaded the older version.

Just now, victorycount said:

ok, I guess I should have done that too, since I placed the whole ship wrong, eventhough I counted like a hundred times... :wall:
Just saw that I uploaded the older version.

Yeah me too. I was sick of counting again and again and still keep making mistakes, so I put these bricks (and others) as markers.

Would be interesting to see if anyone buys 2 sets and make one ship then use the extra parts from the island (and parts removed from ship to make room for cannons) to add them to the second island. That is my plan in the future when I get it at lest :pir-classic:

37 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Would be interesting to see if anyone buys 2 sets and make one ship then use the extra parts from the island (and parts removed from ship to make room for cannons) to add them to the second island. That is my plan in the future when I get it at lest :pir-classic:

This was my initial intent, but since I don't like the island version that much, I'll stick to one purchase.