JeffBuilds

Modding the Barracuda thread

58 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Would be interesting to see if anyone buys 2 sets and make one ship then use the extra parts from the island (and parts removed from ship to make room for cannons) to add them to the second island. That is my plan in the future when I get it at lest :pir-classic:

I'm trying to build the wreck sections with stock parts and the Brick Bounty set. Works quite well sofar.

Pirate Bay Island cropped

15 hours ago, victorycount said:

daily Piratebay rebuild update, that's what I got so far, with some parts from @Brickander Brickumnus, he is also making quite a lot of progress as far as I know.

I'm sorry if I'm uninformed, but do you have instructions or digital file to build the original Pirate Bay? Or do you use only the IDEAS pictures as reference?

11 hours ago, Elusys Ra Arwal said:

Amazing! It is coming along VERY well! Bravi!

Grazie mille! Yeah, I'm kinda proud, of us... :bonaparte: Fun, but a lot of hard work as well. But who I am telling...  You did the same thing with the Barracuda bay, if I understood well... Guess that was not less work

17 minutes ago, ClassicLook said:

I'm sorry if I'm uninformed, but do you have instructions or digital file to build the original Pirate Bay? Or do you use only the IDEAS pictures as reference?

We are doing it just by the pictures, yes... :jollyroger: For I guess we won't get any file soon, or ever....

47 minutes ago, victorycount said:

Grazie mille! Yeah, I'm kinda proud, of us... :bonaparte: Fun, but a lot of hard work as well. But who I am telling...  You did the same thing with the Barracuda bay, if I understood well... Guess that was not less work

Yeah, it was hard but I loved the challenge, though it was a bit easier just because there were several more pictures from different angles I could use for reference to build it.  Then, when I got the published instructions, it was fun to see where I did "wrong", but I really loved the challenge nonetheless :pir-wub:

That's why I said you two are doing an excellent work, because it is and it requires lots of patience and interpretation. 

Edited by Elusys Ra Arwal

1 hour ago, Elusys Ra Arwal said:

Yeah, it was hard but I loved the challenge, though it was a bit easier just because there were several more pictures from different angles I could use for reference to build it.  Then, when I got the published instructions, it was fun to see where I did "wrong", but I really loved the challenge nonetheless :pir-wub:

That's why I said you two are doing an excellent work, because it is and it requires lots of patience and interpretation. 

Yeah, exactly, if it wouldn't be fun too, I wouldn't do that :pir-laugh:
Sometimes I think, that's not possible to build, he must have made an error or something, but mostly he is right and I find a way do build it. Hope someday I can get the file from Pablo to compare too.
Here again, put the work of @Brickander Brickumnus and me together, and it looks lovely, all the first floor done. Guess we might just finish it until easter:
49749726502_5336fd31e1_c.jpgnot the pirate bay 25 by Victory Count, en Flickr

It does look very nice. Seeing the torches and lanterns on adds a lot to it. Are you guys going to make an alternative version with a brick-built base?

2 hours ago, Elusys Ra Arwal said:

It does look very nice. Seeing the torches and lanterns on adds a lot to it. Are you guys going to make an alternative version with a brick-built base?

I think after that, I will concentrate first on my own projects, and mostly other things. But @Brickander Brickumnus mentioned something about building a brick-built base, would be interesting for sure.
Yeah, funny thing that when you use the "trans-light orange" they seem to shine after rendering, and with the other colors they don't *huh*

Edited by victorycount

It is understandable that you are going to work on your own projects, though I'm glad to learn that @Brickander Brickumnus will work on the base.

I thought you added light through photoshop or something similar, because in my renderings they never shine that much. Maybe you're also using a darker background so it accentuates the effect and I didn't notice it in mine? You're using stud.io right? Maybe there's some other setting in the rendering panel that creates this "shine effect", like a certain lighting positioning or something else that makes the digital light refract more on those parts specifically? 

I am a novice here and have basically no experience with such LEGO software, but I wanted to create the original Pirate Bay so badly, that I just started. First I download all the pics about it available and also a short video. Applied the scene filter in VLC to make as much snapshots as possible. Installed the Stud.io and started to put brick pieces together. It's fun and an ant work too. I have just put together the baseplate and boats, maybe 20 steps. And now I see your model and I am amazed!

@victorycount + @Brickander Brickumnus amazing, splendid and wonderful. We are so lucky to have you, doing fantastic job! Please keep up.

Thank you very much.

pirate_bay-base_modeL_small.jpg

No point in starting over from the beginning and getting into all this trouble, since we have already done this. It would be a pity.

Do the section in the red circle and send us the file to incorporate it. That way we will finish faster.

4wjGyFo.jpg

1 hour ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

No point in starting over from the beginning and getting into all this trouble, since we have already done this. It would be a pity.

Do the section in the red circle and send us the file to incorporate it. That way we will finish faster.

Haha, fully agree,  I think I wouldn't do it again, and even less alone, and if someone already did it :monkey:

1 hour ago, rainfall said:

I am a novice here and have basically no experience with such LEGO software, but I wanted to create the original Pirate Bay so badly, that I just started. First I download all the pics about it available and also a short video. Applied the scene filter in VLC to make as much snapshots as possible. Installed the Stud.io and started to put brick pieces together. It's fun and an ant work too. I have just put together the baseplate and boats, maybe 20 steps. And now I see your model and I am amazed!

@victorycount + @Brickander Brickumnus amazing, splendid and wonderful. We are so lucky to have you, doing fantastic job! Please keep up.

Thank you very much.

Hey there, welcome, I'm also quite new here.
And thanks, I'm glad you liked it. Was really some hard work there, and I also recommend not to do it again; sometimes it's fun, then again it's so annoying to loose like an hour searching some error which you can't find...
As @Brickander Brickumnus said, would be nice if you'd help us to build the second floor of the main building. That's still quite a work. I can also share my io file, so you see if everything fits.

6 hours ago, Elusys Ra Arwal said:

I thought you added light through photoshop or something similar, because in my renderings they never shine that much. Maybe you're also using a darker background so it accentuates the effect and I didn't notice it in mine? You're using stud.io right? Maybe there's some other setting in the rendering panel that creates this "shine effect", like a certain lighting positioning or something else that makes the digital light refract more on those parts specifically? 

No, really, I don't do any special tricks,  just standard "photoreal" rendering. It just has to be the "trans-light orange", doesn't depend on anything more, you can see it in my "El morro" MOC everything is glowing, then on the picture with the kitchen and some other pictures I used some darker orange an it doesn't glow anymore... You should try it, maybe you never used that color :pir-wink:

OK guys.. working on the room next to jail.. Am I counting right the baseplate for the section is 16 x 12 ? But this doesn't help much.. :pirate-sad "You are only allowed to send 0 messages per day. Please try again later."

We're almost there, the crew is ready, just waiting for one roof and the second floor of the main tower. :bonaparte:
Oh, I see that the shark isn't there yet :shark: And does anyone knows where to find this small terrier dog in stud.io?
Btw. just noticed that they seem to be a quite pacific piratecrew, there are no weapons besides the cannons. :pir-murder:

49754563557_73ff94ee1e_c.jpgnot the pirate bay 28 by Victory Count, en Flickr

Edited by victorycount

On 4/8/2020 at 8:57 PM, Brickander Brickumnus said:

You've probably completed it already by now, but I've sent the Captains Cabin (Red circled part) via pm :)

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

You've probably completed it already by now, but I've sent the Captains Cabin (Red circled part) via pm :)

Thank you, but we have already done this.

The whole model is almost finished.

Tomorrow or Saturday it will be complete.

1 hour ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

Thank you, but we have already done this.

The whole model is almost finished.

Tomorrow or Saturday it will be complete.

Apologies.

Could you upload the Stud.io file when its complete? or PM? :)

14 hours ago, Elusys Ra Arwal said:

It works very well without the second floor. So, did you guys try to see how much it would cost so far??

It has around 2500, just like the Barracuda Bay, but that includes the raised baseplate. I don't know how many pieces you would need to replace it.

11 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Apologies.

Could you upload the Stud.io file when its complete? or PM? :)

Thank you anyway for the effort, what a pity you didn't show up earlier. :pir-sing:
Sure, we will share it, would be a shame if we wouldn't...

Meanwhile the crew went crazy. :pir_wacko: I don't now if they can't wait until it is finished, if they are searching the eastereggs(and don't know that they are all hidden in the Barracuda Bay) or searching the hidden soldier... :bonaparte: or the missing dog, or the still missing shark :shark: ...wait that was my job, silly me!

49756880416_4277142ab0_c.jpgnot the pirate bay 29 by Victory Count, en Flickr

Edited by victorycount

2 hours ago, victorycount said:

It has around 2500, just like the Barracuda Bay, but that includes the raised baseplate. I don't know how many pieces you would need to replace it.

Thank you anyway for the effort, what a pity you didn't show up earlier. :pir-sing:
Sure, we will share it, would be a shame if we wouldn't...

Meanwhile the crew went crazy. :pir_wacko: I don't now if they can't wait until it is finished, if they are searching the eastereggs(and don't know that they are all hidden in the Barracuda Bay) or searching the hidden soldier... :bonaparte: or the missing dog, or the still missing shark :shark: ...wait that was my job, silly me!

49756880416_4277142ab0_c.jpgnot the pirate bay 29 by Victory Count, en Flickr

Can't wait! I may order this lol.