Bob

Pirates Mafia II - Day Three

3 hours ago, Ethan Dunn said:

People who copy and paste their posts are weird- maye that's just paranoia. The pre-plan team was me, robert, Liam-who I'm still unsure on. I know he loves Flag. That's all I'm 100% on. However, he was blocked last night by two people. One jailkeeper and not this guy down here vv

For the record, the only thing I copy and pasted was the list of voters. The formatting stuck for the rest of my post. The () around the list are from taking it from a bob post. 

Heck, if you wanna make something out of nothing.... I'm the first post on pages 3 and 4. Must mean something, right? :sarcasm:

28 minutes ago, Morgan Marchand said:

I'm the first post on pages 3 and 4. Must mean something, right? :sarcasm:

Pirate!!!! :pir-oh3:

I find all these blocking actions intriguing. When my mentor and immediate superior, Lieutenant Paddy Triggs, subverted Redbeard aboard the Black Seas Barracuda, the Pirate faction was allotted two blocking roles and, as Arthur mentioned, they almost came to blows over this apparent discrepancy.

We have a blocker and two jailkeepers? Seems to me to be a stretch, but as Benjamin mentioned, perhaps one of the blocking actions could instead be explained by a scum JOAT, which counterbalances Ethan's inventor. At present I find the two jailkeeper claims more puzzling than Benjamin's blocker claim.

May I ask whether Benjamin is the blocker who claimed to Warren?

Is it too forward to ask whether there may be a conflicting investigator claim among us?

2 hours ago, Arthur Hargrave said:

Have you considered claiming?

Indeed, @Louis Townsend, to whomst dost thou prithee claim? Got any better ideas for a lynch right now?

8 hours ago, Morgan Marchand said:

First, thanks for the result. Always good to lynch a pirate traitor!

Second, to help with future hunting, let's re-assess your thoughts on the day 2 vote. Here's the order again:

(Liam Webb, Arthur Hargrave, Ethan Dunn, Elijah Hendry, Robert Walsh, Mitchell LaHore, Morgan Marchand, Zachary Mercier, Kendall Odell)

Out of that, I don't know how many were the original town group that discussed ahead of time. I think though that kendall is scummy (as I've already explained). Zachary is town, since he hammered without even knowing he was (or he's a good liar...) Where I disagree with you is that Mitchell and I are scum due to our position. I don't think scum would have been position 6 and 7 in a vote when 8 are needed. I've seen people survive having 5 votes on them before (or the equivalent). It just takes a couple of those people changing. If we didn't have his death to prove otherwise, I'd be all over Robert as scummy, since based on sharing investigation results, I assume you (Elijah) are town. I think Ethan is too, and I'm assuming that Liam and Arthur were also in the pre-planning and therefore town. So that leaves maybe Mitchell as scum and everyone else but Kendall as town. Could we really have had an almost all-town lynch vote and the people who didn't get on the wagon be scummos? That means I'm currently most suspicious of Ben, Warren, and William (in addition to Kendall as already said repeatedly) 

This vote analysis doesn't really make much sense.  We know there were a few folks who didn't vote and Warren, who didn't vote for Paul.  I think it's pretty unlikely that all the scum fell in that group.  In addition, I don't see any reason why votes 6 and 7, mine and yours, shouldn't be under increased scrutiny.  Yes, we pushed Paul closer to the lynch, but any scum who thinks there's a good chance a conviction is likely is going to consider jumping on that train when they can.  Votes also aren't always carefully orchestrated.  Sometimes people just have to vote when they are around.

Likewise, Zachary isn't town because he unwittingly hammered.  That's terribly lazy analysis.  The right way to look at a vote list like this is to understand better why the votes were cast...which is why Zachary is reasonably being pressured on his vote's thought process.

As for the blocking actions... no way they're all town.

Hooray for investigations, too!  Vote: Louis Townsend

I'm perfectly fine with claiming to Elijah and/or Arthur if they are ok with it. I'm not a fan of our drummer, although that is probably due to him making so much damn racket.

41 minutes ago, Louis Townsend said:

I'm perfectly fine with claiming to Elijah and/or Arthur if they are ok with it. I'm not a fan of our drummer, although that is probably due to him making so much damn racket.

OK, then.

After Louis, I think it's safe to say one of these blockers and/or the ever-asbent William Mitchell are our final scum.

46 minutes ago, Louis Townsend said:

Do it. 

48 minutes ago, Louis Townsend said:

I'll place bets that he claims non-compulsive vigilante. Or maybe visitor. But don't say blocker because there's already 50 of them. Tracker would be hard to claim because everybody has a role and you'd probably be immediately shot down if you tried to fake your results. Maybe you know enough to pull of watcher. You might be able to play like we have two investigators. Anyway best of luck. :monkey:

I think our scum bums are the quiet ones. The rest of our suspicions are prolly just townie paranoia gone wild among active townies.

8 hours ago, Louis Townsend said:

I'm awake! I'm alive! *cough* Terribly sorry, been a bit under the weather. And I was investigated? Elijah Hendry, I'm going to guess you are in contact with the investigator? Have you considered the possibility of an insane investigator or redirect?

You'd have to be pretty unlucky to be the target of an insane investigator via a redirect. As far as the jailkeeper claims go. I think there’s definitely been a mix up somewhere. Either in communication of a role from player to player or understanding of the role from the host. 

21 hours ago, Morgan Marchand said:
  • Ben was here but never voted. What's up with that? I'm going all WIFOM on this, but I don't think that seems scummy. They like to throw votes around to mess up analysis, look helpful, and otherwise mislead us.

I missed this earlier today.  I had voted once this whole game when you posted this gem (aka blatant lie), so I fail to see how I could have achieved any of the outcomes you claim I have.  

I've already explained why I didn't vote yesterday.

13 hours ago, Ethan Dunn said:

No I didn't and it's not whatevs. It's a serious question. You said scum was replaced in the last place and I'm wondering what you mean by that.

I posted immediately after the post that you are referring to clarify that I meant "last game", not "last place".  They merged, so you probably missed that.

And I realise that is was flag boy who forgot to bold his vote - soz!  

5 hours ago, Ethan Dunn said:

OK, then.

After Louis, I think it's safe to say one of these blockers and/or the ever-asbent William Mitchell are our final scum.

Then those in the know of the details of who's claiming what and exactly what abilities they claim to have, start figuring out how to test the claims. Assign targets and see if all the results are as expected or if anyone is lying. Worst case - we can lynch to test their claims. If we really have a whole heap of blockers, we can afford to lose one or two. I'd rather not lose loyal soldiers and their abilities, but it'd be worse to have a pirate traitor infiltrate the leadership. Limit what everyone knows so that if any of the claims are lying scum, it limits what the scum learn.

3 minutes ago, Benjamin Samuels said:

I missed this earlier today.  I had voted once this whole game when you posted this gem (aka blatant lie), so I fail to see how I could have achieved any of the outcomes you claim I have.  

I've already explained why I didn't vote yesterday.

Defensive much? I was actually saying I was leaning town on you because I didn't think a scum would draw attention to themselves by not voting at all. And I did that analysis before I knew about why you weren't around part of the day. 

1 hour ago, Benjamin Samuels said:

And I realise that is was flag boy who forgot to bold his vote - soz!  

it's ok I love you!

1 hour ago, Morgan Marchand said:

Then those in the know of the details of who's claiming what and exactly what abilities they claim to have, start figuring out how to test the claims. Assign targets and see if all the results are as expected or if anyone is lying. Worst case - we can lynch to test their claims. If we really have a whole heap of blockers, we can afford to lose one or two. I'd rather not lose loyal soldiers and their abilities, but it'd be worse to have a pirate traitor infiltrate the leadership. Limit what everyone knows so that if any of the claims are lying scum, it limits what the scum learn.

With everyone needing to use their roles we kind of did this last night. I didn't know who else to tell the jailkeeper to target so I suggested he target the other jailkeeper just in case. A kill happened anyway but we had the best of intentions.

Vote Count:
Louis Townsend - 9 (Elijah Hendry, Morgan Marchand, Ethan Dunn, Zachary Mercier, Liam Webb, Kendall Odell, Arthur Hargrave, Benjamin Samuels, Mitchell LaHore)

With 12 players, a majority if 7 is required to lynch. 61 hours remain in this day.

12 hours ago, Elijah Hendry said:

May I ask whether Benjamin is the blocker who claimed to Warren?

(Back and on my phone.  Interesting 24 hours I just caught up on.)

While standing at attention, I nodded a negative to Elijah’s question.  I had been informed of the action (block) and a target (Paul) that occurred the first night - no name was attached to it but a 90% certainty was.  That last bit had made me pause as it seemed an odd qualification.  Benjamin has also not been in contact with me at all - someone else had informed me.

I was pleased to hear that an investigation had uncovered another scummy pirate. I looked forward to executing him this evening.  My esteem for Elijah Hendry also rose and I felt guilty of suspecting him earlier.

Vote: Louis Townsend

(Sorry can’t bold on my phone.)

(I’ve had someone ask privately if I block as part of my bodyguard role. I don’t believe I do - I just die, most heroically I’d hope, in place of another if they are night attacked.  Figured I’d share in case that was unclear.)

(For the record, I have played a scum blocker previously.  Not saying we have one, but it is not preposterous either)

1 minute ago, Warren Pratt said:

While standing at attention, I nodded a negative to Elijah’s question.  I had been informed of the action (block) and a target (Paul) that occurred the first night - no name was attached to it but a 90% certainty was.  That last bit had made me pause as it seemed an odd qualification.  Benjamin has also not been in contact with me at all - someone else had informed me.

I think I know who the "blocker" is who contacted you and they also contacted 6 or 7 other people and they're one of the jailkeepers.

Still suspect me?

1 minute ago, Louis Townsend said:

Claimed to both Elijah and Arthur in PM. Sorry, I really needed sleep. And if I was scum, I don't think i'd be dumb enough to claim blocker after everyone else has.

I really respect you putting up a fight even though it is likely you are scum. I think that shows good sportsmanship and respect for the host and other players. I love you! :pir-wub:

3 minutes ago, Ethan Dunn said:

I really respect you putting up a fight even though it is likely you are scum. I think that shows good sportsmanship and respect for the host and other players. I love you! :pir-wub:

Why wouldn't you love me? I'm loyal town. Unless you're a pirate. Then I expect no love from you.

Just now, Louis Townsend said:

Why wouldn't you love me? I'm loyal town. Unless you're a pirate. Then I expect no love from you.

I don't think your night action results are accurate. 

First off, Louis says he has a result for Night One when Benjamin has publicly stated:

20 hours ago, Benjamin Samuels said:

For the record, I blocked Louis on night 1 because I thought his reasoning for his vote on Liam on Night 1 was messed up.

1 minute ago, Ethan Dunn said:

I don't think your night action results are accurate. 

Some more reasoning from you would be nice.

Just now, Elijah Hendry said:

First off, Louis says he has a result for Night One when Benjamin has publicly stated:

Arthur asked for some last night, I provided them to him. I'll send to you as well.

He says William targeted me which is probably him bussing his scum buddy. Maybe William did target me to kill me, but all actions were driven off of me by the bus driver so he should only have seen the bus driver. And William is not the bus driver.

So, line up scum number 3-William.