Kozikyo86

[MOC] Imperial Troop Transport

Hi!

Stay home they said so... this is my new MOC design! :classic:

Imperial Troop Transport

New project ready - this time the Imperial machine, which unexpectedly appeared on the Mandalorian series!

The vehicle currently consists of equal 1003 bricks, although it always changes during construction. Inside we have an interior for 2 drivers, 6 stormtroopers on the side, inside an additional 8 or 10 depending on whether we take equipment on board. The roof will be removable, the ramp and hatch open, plus a revolving cannon.

The PDF Instructions will be available in April!

Full Preview on my Youtube - Edge of Bricks, link below

Imperial Troop Transport - Work In Progress

Imperial Troop Transport - Work In ProgressImperial Troop Transport MOC_3Imperial Troop Transport MOC_4

29 minutes ago, Omand said:

Looks very nice.  I assume you plan to built it in real bricks?

Of course, I build every model which I designed, to make correctly PDF Instructions, and check is everything is correct. 

Now, I have 93% parts on Bricklink's Wanted List :)

Wspaniały, love the shaping and that it's studless!  The bow canons threw me for a second, I was used to the ball turrets from Rebels.  Great work on the cockpit interior, you jammed in a lot of detail!  The crew area is obviously cramped but I'm glad you added blaster storage and made the roof easy to remove! The only criticism that I have is that the troopers look a little bit high in the outer stands, would it be possible to lower them a stud or two so that they're not above the slope of the roof?

I look forward to seeing it built!!

6 hours ago, DrMuttonchops said:

Wspaniały, love the shaping and that it's studless!  The bow canons threw me for a second, I was used to the ball turrets from Rebels.  Great work on the cockpit interior, you jammed in a lot of detail!  The crew area is obviously cramped but I'm glad you added blaster storage and made the roof easy to remove! The only criticism that I have is that the troopers look a little bit high in the outer stands, would it be possible to lower them a stud or two so that they're not above the slope of the roof?

I look forward to seeing it built!!

Thanks a lot, I'm glad you like it :)

I'll check if the Stormtroopers can be lowered. Alternatively, you can do your modification. This stage of construction has already been done in PDF Instructions ;) 

9 hours ago, Kozikyo86 said:

Thanks a lot, I'm glad you like it :)

I'll check if the Stormtroopers can be lowered. Alternatively, you can do your modification. This stage of construction has already been done in PDF Instructions ;) 

What about the side ones not having legs?

14 hours ago, Metagross555 said:

What about the side ones not having legs?

They have :) 

I have 97% parts and 45 pages of instructions, so soon I'll build finale design, make review and add project on rebrickable.

Hello,

I know the troop tansport since it was released as a toy in the 80s. In the meantim it was part in various videogames and finally it entered the movie/series itself.

However, yet Lego is lacking to provide its version, yet I fear it will be a tiny version of it like similar vehicles.

Yours in any case is an excellent representation.

I am a bit new here, hence may ask which tool you are using to design it?

Awesome design, looking forward to seeing it in bricks! Glad you're doing something constructive during quarantine, what better time to build!? :laugh:

1 hour ago, Mornicala said:

However, yet Lego is lacking to provide its version, yet I fear it will be a tiny version of it like similar vehicles

Lego did actually provide a version, and I can confirm your fears it is a tiny and poor representation since it is in the form of a battlepack: Lego 75078

1 hour ago, Mornicala said:

Hello,

I know the troop tansport since it was released as a toy in the 80s. In the meantim it was part in various videogames and finally it entered the movie/series itself.

However, yet Lego is lacking to provide its version, yet I fear it will be a tiny version of it like similar vehicles.

Yours in any case is an excellent representation.

I am a bit new here, hence may ask which tool you are using to design it?

Thanks a lot! @Ellisss_2 wrote about battlepack, I think that Lego never releas this vehicle in normal scale or regular set.

I still use LDD - Lego Digital Designer, in Stud.Io I make some corrects and renders.

3 minutes ago, Ellisss_2 said:

Awesome design, looking forward to seeing it in bricks! Glad you're doing something constructive during quarantine, what better time to build!? :laugh:

Thanks! :classic: I have 99 bricks, and I'm waiting for last order - I hope that tomorrow will be in my hand!

BTW - PDF Instructions is almost done! There are 137 steps of building and 70 pages!

And sample:

Imperial Troop Transport MOC

25 minutes ago, Ellisss_2 said:

Lego did actually provide a version, and I can confirm your fears it is a tiny and poor representation since it is in the form of a battlepack: Lego 75078

Hi, sorry I missed 75078. I mean I remember it, I fear I have it even somewhere, as the 4 Stormtroopers where fun the rest used as spareparts. 

But it does not resemble in any way the vehicle we are talking about.

Thanks for the hint!

6 hours ago, Mornicala said:

Hi, sorry I missed 75078. I mean I remember it, I fear I have it even somewhere, as the 4 Stormtroopers where fun the rest used as spareparts. 

But it does not resemble in any way the vehicle we are talking about.

Thanks for the hint!

It's meant to, what with the stormtroopers on the sides and being based on the rebels cartoon that canonized the vehicle

But you're right in that it's a terribly poor representation of the vehicle, especially when compared to this amazing design @Kozikyo86 has created. (I say this having bought 4 of it back in the day to shore up my stormtrooper corps)

Edited by Mandalorianknight

1 hour ago, DrMuttonchops said:

Saw the photos on your Flickr Koz, the build looks great! Even better than the render.  The cockpit especially looks stellar.  

Thanks a lot! :)

I've been looking for an accurate MOC of the Imperial Troop Transport for quite some time now. And here we have it – just what I was looking for.
It's beautiful! Thank you for sharing the instructions! I will buy them when I have the parts (35% now)!

I do prefer the Mandalorian version over the other versions. However, I will try to (1) modify the cockpit (similar to BricksFeeder's version of the ITT on Rebrickable – to have some space behind the drivers for an officer), (2) add cockpit side doors, and (3) add the six openings from the troop section to the individual side pods as seen in the Mandalorian scene.

I will start building it after finishing AnotherGol's version of the AT-ST and Lucas Hüter's version of the TX-225 GAVr 1 Tank (the "Hovertank" featured on the brick.vault channel).

Edited by The_Empire_Strikes_Bricks

8 hours ago, The_Empire_Strikes_Bricks said:

I've been looking for an accurate MOC of the Imperial Troop Transport for quite some time now. And here we have it – just what I was looking for.
It's beautiful! Thank you for sharing the instructions! I will buy them when I have the parts (35% now)!

I do prefer the Mandalorian version over the other versions. However, I will try to (1) modify the cockpit (similar to BricksFeeder's version of the ITT on Rebrickable – to have some space behind the drivers for an officer), (2) add cockpit side doors, and (3) add the six openings from the troop section to the individual side pods as seen in the Mandalorian scene.

I will start building it after finishing AnotherGol's version of the AT-ST and Lucas Hüter's version of the TX-225 GAVr 1 Tank (the "Hovertank" featured on the brick.vault channel).

Thanks!

(1) I checked and there is no officer position behind the drivers, is in Rebels version,

(2) Doors for drivers - I gave a removable roof so it makes no sense, but you can try,  :)

(3) Side door, I just wanted to add it, but it weakened the construction, and I like how my MOCs are solid.

If you make these changes, add a picture! :)

1 hour ago, Minizem said:

Amazing job! You have a new subscriber by the way!

Thanks a lot!!! :)

Hi!

A small update of my Imperial Troop Transport (MOC from 2020) from Mandalorian series ?

- Added transitions between segments for Stormtroopers,

-The drivers cab is now connected to the rest of the vehicle,

- I also changed the roof, improved the turret,

- the floor was lowered by 1 plate.

If someone already has my PDF Instructions for previous version, they will be able to download the stud.io file from rebrickable. 957 parts. More on my YouTube - Edge of Bricks

Imperial Troop Transport UPDATE_1

Imperial Troop Transport UPDATE_3

nice work.

imho it would have been perfect with a top that could be lifted up without removing it completely, like on the latest millennium falcon

putting your MOC on my 2021 wish/to-do list :)