Jim

[TC18] Technic Small Car Contest - Information Topic

If you want car put on 42098, maybe length of between of wheel is important. 42093 is 19 stud, 42098's blue car is 20 stud.

3 hours ago, msk6003 said:

If you want car put on 42098, maybe length of between of wheel is important. 42093 is 19 stud, 42098's blue car is 20 stud.

Thanks for the suggestion, but an overall length limit of around 40 will probably suffice. 

I don't have either of the tires mentioned in the rules, so unless these limits are relaxed, there's no contest for me.

I do however have the aforementioned https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=15413&idColor=11#T=C&C=11 and also the old Model Team tires https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=2695c01&idColor=9#T=I&C=9 which have outer diameter of 43mm and width of 13mm, which is almost the same as the dimensions of the 30699 included in the rules.

8 hours ago, letsbuild said:

Before I set to work on the model, can someone please confirm for me that my restrictions box the right dimensions?

41 x 15 x 11

This is a very fun scale to build cars in, can't wait to see what people come up with.

I'm in. Got some ideas for suspension and drive already, no idea about body style yet though.

Time to play!

1 minute ago, Rudivdk said:

I'm in. Got some ideas for suspension and drive already, no idea about body style yet though.

I am very curious about all the suspension solutions. Elastic bands anyone?! :sweet:

Just now, Homersapien said:

Hurry up with all details :D

Which details? :look:

@Jim sorry a bit of clarification is the box 41x15x11 or is that the max size for the vehicle ?

im assuming it’s the max size for the vehicle

Edited by Seasider

@Jim May be you can increase box height a little bit: 42098 is not only lower deck, but also a higher deck that can store higher cars than 11 stud.

And also add 49,5 wheels ONLY for SUVs of the same scale, 37 mm wheels and some old wheels of the same scale from 37 to 43 wheels. But only realistic (non-balloon) types. I can help with wheel tyoes and links.

This will give a lot wider models varierty among contestants. I am sure contest will be more popular than previous - we have a lot of people willing to take part from our rus community.

My suggestion of all wheel-and-tire related suggestion

How about allow all tire witch fit 56145 wheel? Than we have total 6 tires.

Or allow all tire witch has 43mm diameter.

9 minutes ago, msk6003 said:

My suggestion of all wheel-and-tire related suggestion

How about allow all tire witch fit 56145 wheel? Than we have total 6 tires.

Or allow all tire witch has 43mm diameter.

I am not changing anything regarding the tires.

18 minutes ago, rm8 said:

@Jim May be you can increase box height a little bit: 42098 is not only lower deck, but also a higher deck that can store higher cars than 11 stud.

And also add 49,5 wheels ONLY for SUVs of the same scale, 37 mm wheels and some old wheels of the same scale from 37 to 43 wheels. But only realistic (non-balloon) types. I can help with wheel tyoes and links.

This will give a lot wider models varierty among contestants. I am sure contest will be more popular than previous - we have a lot of people willing to take part from our rus community.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I am NOT looking for more variety. That's basically the point of this contest. So, no changes in the tire department :wink:

I am willing to increase the max height if 11 studs is too limiting. Suggestions for max height?

12 minutes ago, Jim said:

I am willing to increase the max height if 11 studs is too limiting. Suggestions for max height?

I think 12-13 studs should be enough to build any car with realistic proportions. For example Porsche I made was 12 studs high.
tqaJc8NuzqE.jpg

Edited by apachaihapachai

I am fine with a 15 or 17 height limit as well. The height limit is simply to avoid people getting creating and making a 197 studs high rocket on four wheels :laugh:

11 studs height limit would have stopped me but now I'm in for my first EB TC. Also there should be a much higher variety of entries now. Good change!

4 minutes ago, Seasider said:

A few extra studs high would be good. Not a lot though. 17 sounds good @Jim

17 it is :thumbup:

SIZE LIMITS UPDATED!

L41 x W15 x H17

Thanks @Jim, this will be a great contest, and right up my alley. I like contests with sharp constraints, so now I'll start building.

It will be fun to see what everyone comes up with!

This is exciting, I have been waiting for a contest like this! Also the timing is quite perfect, I have some of the small fenders coming in a B&P order that should be arriving any day now.

13 minutes ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

This is exciting, I have been waiting for a contest like this! Also the timing is quite perfect, I have some of the small fenders coming in a B&P order that should be arriving any day now.

:thumbup: 

29 minutes ago, Homersapien said:

box dimensions, but I see that you set them since I entered today.

well go go go :D

:thumbup: 

4 hours ago, Jim said:

I am not changing anything regarding the tires.

Sorry to hear that, than I am also out of the game for now. :sad:  Anyway, I will follow the WIP topics with great interest, and maybe I will MOC something parallel outside the boundaries of the contest.

quick question, if a car's tire axle is long and exceeds the 15stud limit, would the car be disqualified?

example: check the 42098's truck's rear tires, there are red bushes on axles and probably they do not exceed the width but some builds exceed that.

another example would be side mirrors, are these accepted or should they also be within 15stud limit?