Jim

[TC18] Technic Small Car Contest - Information Topic

Just now, kodlovag said:

I counted 33 topics starting with TC18. This will be a very good contest.

Yeah, it's amazing!

And I was about to make rules about creating a topic before a certain date. Well, I don't have to worry about thatĀ :laugh:

53 minutes ago, 1980SomethingSpaceGuy said:

I reckon Jim is getting more and more tired about tires. Next TC will be boats..Ā :grin:

Black holes that cost a lot of money. Sit in sheds and gather dust..oh wait same can be said for motorbikes...

1 hour ago, brickless_kiwi said:

Black holes that cost a lot of money. Sit in sheds and gather dust..oh wait same can be said for motorbikes...

I know what you are talking about. (the boat part, although we still do use ours)

2 hours ago, 1980SomethingSpaceGuy said:

I reckon Jim is getting more and more tired about tires. Next TC will be boats..Ā :grin:

"Build a boat" -> "Can I make a flying carĀ with wings that can sail?"

:tongue:

Honestly....I would miss these questionsĀ :laugh:

2 minutes ago, letsbuild said:

I must say that I am having a blast participating in this competition! Thank you!

That great to hearĀ :thumbup:

I am looking forward to seeing all the entries.

On 4/6/2020 at 11:42 AM, Jim said:

Sure, those are fine!

I will change 49.5 into 49.6Ā :tongue:

WOW!Ā Thank you very much! Now I'm with you guys!Ā 

Hi Jim, i'm gonna enter my 1st comp, is a ute allowed or racing car?

Edited by technicfan

@Jim, can iĀ also post a description of the model in addition to photos and names in entry post? I'm sorry if the question seems stupid

39 minutes ago, osterum said:

@Jim, can iĀ also post a description of the model in addition to photos and names in entry post? I'm sorry if the question seems stupid

Yeah, of course.

You can check out TC17 entry topic. Lots of people give a short description.

@JimĀ - not to want to spoil everyoneā€™s fun in this great competition, being so great to see so many entries but I have noticed a few are quite System heavy.

I don't want to be nit-picky, but I feel like editing four images together into one would count as "one image," but instead as four. Maybe I'm missing the point ofĀ whyĀ we're restricted to three images though.

9 hours ago, letsbuild said:

I don't want to be nit-picky, but I feel like editing four images together into one would count as "one image," but instead as four. Maybe I'm missing the point ofĀ whyĀ we're restricted to three images though.

I believe it's to keep entry posts in manageable length. Even three images make aĀ pretty long post with the forum rules about image size so more than that would be even worse. Stitching four images into one also makes them much smaller, thus enabling more angles while losing detail.

Also, you can show as many images as you want in your building topic, so it's not like you're not allowed to show your work properly.

18 hours ago, Seasider said:

@JimĀ - not to want to spoil everyoneā€™s fun in this great competition, being so great to see so many entries but I have noticed a few are quite System heavy.

You mean images too big? Please use the report button, so we can handle it.

9 hours ago, letsbuild said:

It is explicitly allowed to create a single image out of four images. As long as you obey the max image size of 1024x1024.

20 minutes ago, howitzer said:

I believe it's to keep entry posts in manageable length. Even three images make aĀ pretty long post with the forum rules about image size so more than that would be even worse. Stitching four images into one also makes them much smaller, thus enabling more angles while losing detail.

Also, you can show as many images as you want in your building topic, so it's not like you're not allowed to show your work properly.

:thumbup:

I only wish to said, that I love this contest. So many great ideas to vechicles in small scale. This iteration is like a big treasure chest with ideas. Thank you all, both organizers and participants!

I am not brave enought to take part and I do not have any small mudguards in my collection (which can be usefull but many of you prove that they are not necessary) but I support all creations :)

23 hours ago, Seasider said:

@JimĀ I believe @SeasiderĀ means that a few of the builds have a lot of system bricks not just grills headlights or tail lights..

28 minutes ago, brickless_kiwi said:

@JimĀ I believe @SeasiderĀ means that a few of the builds have a lot of system bricks not just grills headlights or tail lights..

Ahhh yes, of course. My answer was probably before my second coffee this morningĀ :laugh:Ā :tongue:

I will take a look.

I am okay with an interior like the first entry. As long as the exterior is mostly Technic.

After all....actual Technic sets also have a brick built interior.

6 hours ago, brickless_kiwi said:

Unless my maths is off that's 58 entries for tc18 which would be a be of a record...

Wow. So many entry. Maybe largest entry list I ever seen.

RIP for @Jim who will count all score of 58 entry...

Just now, msk6003 said:

RIP for @Jim who will count all score of 58 entry...

We have computing power for that task. Scores are grabbed and calculated automatically.

I do have to paste around 60 entries to the entry list though. That's still a manual task. Ahh well, as long as we are having fun!

On 4/10/2020 at 2:41 PM, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

@Jim are pickups or vans allowed?

Yeah sure. Basically anything but real trucks.