Jim

[TC18] Technic Small Car Contest - Information Topic

Circumference would be 49.5 x π (I know that because for years I was stucked with Lego tires until Class tire so I  decided to use it I my MOCs for 1:15 scale which is by the way scale for TC18)

Edited by I_Igor
Mistyped

1 hour ago, Jim said:

PS; I'm sorry if you ordered tires, especially for this contest.

I don't think You need to sorry, if some had already a concept in the head for those tires, than they will not go wasted.

1 hour ago, Seasider said:

So I wonder how many SUVs and off roaders we get now :)

Actually, what is the problem with those? I don't understand, really. I just leave some inspiration here:

1024px-Isuzu_Giga,_Car_transporter.jpg

Budget-Trailer-32.jpg?resize=1170,545&ss

I feel gulity, and now I should build something with 49 mm:wacko::sweet:

Good to see 49.5 tires being allowed. I thought about proposing it, but I didn't want to be the one opening the can of worms (for once).

I see many people have started already, and lots of really graet stuff comes about really quickly. I should really join the fun, but I'm building something else that may be interesting. But I'll come up with something :)

Glad to see the 49.5s allowed as well, I think they'll fit my entry idea a bit better.  

And yes, it is a car (I believe, not really any sort of a car guy, so I could be wrong)...

@Jim, you might wanna remove the TC17 'Mad Max' reference in the opening post of the TC18 entry topic, it will confuse people...

@Jim before I carry on trying to make something, whilst I understand the size limits I have a question... is it possible that if I had something move on the car that went from point 'A' to point 'B' (for example a convertible top) and those two end points were inside of that size limit but getting to either point 'A' or  'B' would mean going outside of that size limit briefly would that be ok?

4 minutes ago, MP LEGO Technic creations said:

In rules there's witten that every model has to have its name.

Can I use my own created name? 

Thank you.

Yes. As a matter of fact....you have to  :sweet: :thumbup:

Just now, MangaNOID said:

@Jim before I carry on trying to make something, whilst I understand the size limits I have a question... is it possible that if I had something move on the car that went from point 'A' to point 'B' (for example a convertible top) and those two end points were inside of that size limit but getting to either point 'A' or  'B' would mean going outside of that size limit briefly would that be ok?

Yeah, that's fine. Good question and looking forward to your "for example, convertible" :wink:

5 minutes ago, MP LEGO Technic creations said:

So could I, or could I not (Have I to build a real car with already existing name?).

No you don’t have to build a copy of a real world car eg a Porsche 911, you can come up with something unique.

both are valid entries

Like Seasider mentioned (thanks btw), is that you can indeed decide for yourself. When you make your own car, you need to give it a name. You can come up with any name.

Looking at all the TC18 topics I see a lot of mechanical and aesthetical marvels emerging. I think this competition is raising the bar for Corvette scale (1:15-ish?) cars with a giant leap and making this now a serious Technic car category...

I'm having great fun building and watching all other topics:thumbup:

Thanks @Jim for this welcome break from our current isolated daily life!

8 hours ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Is a racing truck an acceptable entry, provided it fits within the size constraints? Or is that too far out of the realm of this contest?

It's a bit of a grey area, but let's stick to cars.

Build a car that will fit the 42098 - Car Transporter, using small tires (max diameter of 49.5).

3 minutes ago, Jim said:

It's a bit of a grey area, but let's stick to cars.

Build a car that will fit the 42098 - Car Transporter, using small tires (max diameter of 49.5).

So a jeep or van style vehicle would be acceptable or does it have to be a car kind regards matt

Jeep, Vans, Hotrods Etc are all acceptable.

Just now, Jim said:

Cheers Jim. Will give it a crack I'm better with the real ones than lego 

6 hours ago, Jim said:

One question comes to my mind; for last several years I plan to make 1:15 hotrod pickup truck, but I do not have fenders (like one in 42093 set); is it OK to make them brick build or is it better in contest sense to decide to make "open" wheel hotrods pick-up truck.

Thanks in advance for clearing my doubts.

Edited by I_Igor