Sign in to follow this  
Stiel

Medieval town and market

Hey, just wanted to share this picture about the market in my medieval town. :) I will add more pictures soon, including about individual houses.

73375442_913641582369769_202131846828392

Thanks!

I like to include easter eggs here and there. Find the unfaithful husband, too! :wink:

5 hours ago, Stiel said:

Thanks!

I like to include easter eggs here and there. Find the unfaithful husband, too! :wink:

My money is on this shady-looking guy...

image.png.74de7e72208617a7453bcd3b19b6b431.png

Very busy scene.  I like all the minifigs and the buildings have some nice variations in color and design.  Do you have any other different photo's?  It would be nice to see some different angles of the scene.  

11 hours ago, dr_spock said:

Nice busy scene.  Is it the guy about to get a broom to head?

Well, that's what you get for giving a flower to the wrong woman. :classic:

Thanks! I usually mix up the arrangement a bit from one event to the next one. I have one more closeup from the above version, but I will upload a lot of closeups from another version (with slightly bigger marketplace area) and also some panorama shots.

75034492_2588182234558409_65949796036415

13 hours ago, leafan said:

My money is on this shady-looking guy...

image.png.74de7e72208617a7453bcd3b19b6b431.png

Nope. :classic: dr_spock has the right idea though...

The houses and the marketplace scene are really well done.  I love the architecture.  It gives me a very medieval Europe feel, and the marketplace is busy and full of things that you would expect of the times.  It would take a lot of time and plates, but if you paved the marketplace in brown and cut down the main roads, particularly where the wheel ruts of wagons would be, it would help give the whole thing a finished, organic feel.  Add a bit of green against the edges of the buildings where no one walks, and presto, it's perfect.  Love the imagination with the witch burning and the broken chicken coop.

Did you use custom stickers on any of the torsos?  I have never seen the white forestman outfit before, and don't know where the white female torso on the far right of the last picture comes from either. 

Very nice work, and I love the extra pictures!

Thanks! I like to add these tiny scenes to reward careful viewers. :classic:

A bit of green next to buildings is a good idea. I will look into it. I'm a bit hesitant on the brown as it would indeed take a lot of plates. But I also see that it would be more realistic. I will try to figure out an efficient solution.

Yes, some of the torsos are stickered. The white female on the right is an original design. The idea was to add more color like white, orange or red as there aren't many widely available medieval torsos in those colors.

And here is a birds-eye view of the entire town (first picture version):

73237995_2588182241225075_43428894802318

love that medieval village. Lol, I saw Baba Yaga hut! So I guess she was captured and being burned alive in the village? :wink:

What is that black coloured castle in the farther left?

Really liking your town with all the activity and nice details.
On the last years I have become to appreciatte more the civilian aspects and minifigures of the medieval period. :)