Paperinik77pk

[MOC] FS E.626.075 12v - Black Body - in "Blue Era" style

Hi all,

yesterday I tested a new chassis for Blue Era trains, allowing me to avoid the use of standard train bases of the time. It features a particular bogey articolation which I got from old tin toy trains:

20200327_174005

Thanks to the lateral movement, Bogies are free to follow the track, even if the central part with motor is still fixed. Therefore, the new base can go from 28 to 30 and more studs. There are many other arrangements that could be achieved, especially for the limited "Blue Era" world :sweet:

So, after the chassis, it's time to design a body for it:

Lego FS E626 12v - Blue Era

It was an Italian pride at the time - our first DC locomotive. Why is it black instead of two-tone brown? Because this is the first version (real reason: there were no brown bricks during the 60s and 70s, there fore this was the only option!!! :grin:) that was produced, using this peculiar livery.

For completeness' sake, I must say there was also a...ehm...quite big decoration on both hoods (not shown here - On Flickr there's a picture of a time-correct version) :laugh:.

Lego FS E626 12v - Blue EraLego FS E626 12v - Blue Era

As you can see, a steering technic part is used to keep the bogies not falling from the body. It freely floats inside the body when the two bogies are touching the rails.

This one can also work easily with 4,5v motors (getting electricity from rails, or with a battery wagon).

Hope you like it!!!

Ciao!!! :laugh:

Davide