Ellisss_2

[MOC] UCS Harrower-Class Dreadnought (WIP)

Update: 24/11/2022

Here is my MOC of the Sith Harrower Class Dreadnought from the Old Republic game. 

The model is now finished with instructions coming soon. 

-6408 bricks

-95cm x 68cm x 30cm  

Final%20Cover.png

Thanks, 

Ellis :) 

Edited by Ellisss_2

Off to a good start :) Hope you are safe and well too.

I like the texture of those panels. Tile expensive (== cash expensive :D) but it looks good.

I am wondering what exactly does this translate to in terms of your design intent:

2 hours ago, Ellisss_2 said:

I aim to make the model around 95% SNOT.

I admit that it sounds a bit like a salesmen metric (95% green energy kind of thing). Are you talking about just 5% of the parts facing upwards in the build?

Oh wait, perhaps you are referring to the absence of visible studs on the surfaces haha, I am second guessing myself. Though in that case, I don't think SNOT refers to that :)

1 hour ago, Brick-Wombat said:

YES! I was looking forward to seeing updates on this. Looking good!

Thank you, hopefully I’ll finish it as soon as possible!

27 minutes ago, Kristof said:

Off to a good start :) Hope you are safe and well too.

I like the texture of those panels. Tile expensive (== cash expensive :D) but it looks good.

I am wondering what exactly does this translate to in terms of your design intent:

I admit that it sounds a bit like a salesmen metric (95% green energy kind of thing). Are you talking about just 5% of the parts facing upwards in the build?

Oh wait, perhaps you are referring to the absence of visible studs on the surfaces haha, I am second guessing myself. Though in that case, I don't think SNOT refers to that :)

Yes I’m safe and well thanks! :)

Tell me about it I love it, I bought around 90% of the tiles from Lego bricks and pieces and it worked out much cheaper than it would have on Bricklink. Just a tip if you ever need a lot of tiles! They are also new and shiny! :D

With regards to Snot I meant the visible parts of the ship! I didn’t mean to sound like a salesman :laugh: people just love the smooth designs these days! That would certainly be a challenge if it was the whole thing!

1 hour ago, Ellisss_2 said:

Thank you, hopefully I’ll finish it as soon as possible!

Yes I’m safe and well thanks! :)

Tell me about it I love it, I bought around 90% of the tiles from Lego bricks and pieces and it worked out much cheaper than it would have on Bricklink. Just a tip if you ever need a lot of tiles! They are also new and shiny! :D

Glad to hear you're safe and healthy. This thing looks amazing, I love the use of 2 of the 2x2 triangle tiles making squared for more detail/greebling. Also thanks for the tip on using bricks and pieces, I'll have to check that out once it re-opens.

13 hours ago, Reaper said:

Looking nice! 

Thanks! :)

12 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Glad to hear you're safe and healthy. This thing looks amazing, I love the use of 2 of the 2x2 triangle tiles making squared for more detail/greebling. Also thanks for the tip on using bricks and pieces, I'll have to check that out once it re-opens.

Thank you, glad that you like it. I first noticed the use of the triangle tiles on one of @onecase Star Destroyers it looked great so I had to borrow it! Hopefully that tip works out for you too, I know it definitely did here in the UK, but you have many more parts in the USA! I'm gutted that bricks and pieces is closed right now as it was a main source of pieces for the build.

4 hours ago, Ellisss_2 said:

Thank you, glad that you like it. I first noticed the use of the triangle tiles on one of @onecase Star Destroyers it looked great so I had to borrow it! Hopefully that tip works out for you too, I know it definitely did here in the UK, but you have many more parts in the USA! I'm gutted that bricks and pieces is closed right now as it was a main source of pieces for the build.

Yeah, it's really sad it's closed, but I get it, for the safety of their employees. But the second they re-open I'm buying a metric ton of LBG plates and tiles. :laugh:

On 4/15/2020 at 10:05 PM, 2mpaired said:

This looks amazing!! I can't wait to see more! :grin:

It seems I missed your comment, sorry to ignore you! 

I've made some pretty big progress and now have a frame design. It's a bit of a hybrid between the two official Lego Star Destroyers still using the technic bricks but taking the attachment methods from the new one. 

It also looks like I'm the messiest builder around and can't take photos!

Harrower%20frame

Edited by Ellisss_2

It's coming together quite nicely, I'm very happy with the shape. I've got some parts coming from Bricklink to finish the bottom panels and start designing the bridge section. The front of the frame doesn't exist yet, which is why the panels are sagging slightly at the front.

Harrower Class Dreadnought WIP

If I were you, i'd take inspiration on 75252 structure. It is really well thought out.

25 minutes ago, Anio said:

If I were you, i'd take inspiration on 75252 structure. It is really well thought out.

Hi, the structure I have now seems to be very sturdy and sound. I don't see much point in designing a whole new frame when I have one which works quite nicely. Are there any advantages to the 75252 frame?

6 minutes ago, Ellisss_2 said:

Are there any advantages to the 75252 frame?

75252 structure is both very strong and light.

1 minute ago, Anio said:

75252 structure is both very strong and light.

Unfortunately I don't own the set :(

Originally I was going to do something similar to 75252, but due to the more complicated shape of the harrower, I decided otherwise. The cut out at the front means that I can't construct it all as one large triangle. 

Looks amazing. Are you building it with the round engines from the trailers or triangular engines from the game?

20 hours ago, 1340cc said:

Looks amazing. Are you building it with the round engines from the trailers or triangular engines from the game?

Lol, I completely forgot they made that change.

Great work, OP. These are some of the better looking Star Destroyer-like capital ships out there, any you're nailing it.

On 11/25/2022 at 12:09 AM, 1340cc said:

On 11/25/2022 at 9:02 PM, LordsofMedieval said:

Lol, I completely forgot they made that change.

Great work, OP. These are some of the better looking Star Destroyer-like capital ships out there, any you're nailing it.

Thank you! I’ll be designing it with the round engines for now, but I might make both versions. 

The model is now finished, with a completed PDF instruction manual releasing soon.

Here is the last page from the instructions showing the completed model, I will post some physical photos soon.

1287_4x.png