BIGRIG2005

42078 C Model Renault Magnum Hiab Truck

Hi

I have not been doing much LEGO lately (I have been fixing my tractor up), but the other day I built a hiab, to fit on my out dated Renault magnum single axle prime mover to make it a bit more “exciting”. I think the hiab looks alright and works really well, as it can lift my technic industrial generator with ease, (a real achievement as my last hiab failed and wouldn’t lift anything). It needs a trailer though so would like your opinion on what trailer would go well with it. I need to lengthen the trucks chassis as well, as the fifth wheel is way to close to the hiab and restricts turning for a trailer. There are some photos below. One is of it folded up, and the other one is of it fully extended out holding the industrial generator.

1EA49819-C5A1-4505-B4E5-478C6CF949EA.jpeg.662bb697f4b595c0ef87c9619021827a.jpeg

Many thanks.

Put pictures on bricksafe.com., brickshelf.com  or on other nospecified lego pictures servers, then copy link, it will embed automatically.

57 minutes ago, Parazels said:

Looks good as far as I can see on the low-res pictures!

Yeah sorry about the low res pictures ?

Edited by BIGRIG2005

Just now, BIGRIG2005 said:

Yeah sorry about the low res pictures ?

2 minutes ago, Jurss said:

Put pictures on bricksafe.com., brickshelf.com  or on other nospecified lego pictures servers, then copy link, it will embed automatically.

please read rules of the forum

Looks good from what I can see, get yourself a bricksafe account and post some more pics! I'd particularly like to see the range of movement you get from the small LA on the second boom and how the whole thing folds so compactly.

On 3/26/2020 at 9:01 AM, BIGRIG2005 said:

...It needs a trailer though so would like your opinion on what trailer would go well with it...

Trucks with generators on the back always make me think of travelling funfairs, have you got the pieces (and time, space and inclination) to make some kind of ride? Making something that works and can also be folded for transport could be a really absorbing build.

40 minutes ago, ukbajadave said:

Looks good from what I can see, get yourself a bricksafe account and post some more pics! I'd particularly like to see the range of movement you get from the small LA on the second boom and how the whole thing folds so compactly.

Trucks with generators on the back always make me think of travelling funfairs, have you got the pieces (and time, space and inclination) to make some kind of ride? Making something that works and can also be folded for transport could be a really absorbing build.

Same here! I always think of trucks with generators on the back, as “ride trucks”. Funnily enough I did build a kmg “speed” ride from this exact set that folds up and works as it should. What a coincidence!