Sign in to follow this  
Perterz

[MOC] Trespassing The Old Wizard House

After a few digital MOCs lately, it was a blast to actually build with real LEGO bricks.

This MOC started as a concept back in October 2019 and was put aside while working on my previous released MOCs.

Finally took the time to finish it up, main feature of the MOC must be the roof technique I guess. No nets were used, this is achieved by clipping various bits on flex tubes across the roof line.

Trespassing The Old Wizard House

More images on Flickr

This is very nice. I thought the roof was achieved by using nets. Seems that it's not. Would you be willing to share a picture on part of the process with flextubes? Thanks a lot in advance 

On 3/26/2020 at 11:09 AM, Boindil Lego said:

I saw this on Flickr. Very cool build! I like the roof a lot. Gives some good inspiration for me. 

Thank you very much!

On 3/26/2020 at 12:29 PM, Svendp said:

This is very nice. I thought the roof was achieved by using nets. Seems that it's not. Would you be willing to share a picture on part of the process with flextubes? Thanks a lot in advance 

Thank you! Indeed, the whole roof is constructed with clips on flextubes.

this is actually the only picture I took of the roof in WIP stage:

24C7E02D-2277-42F7-BF6E-9D5644F2E30C.jpg

Edited by Perterz

Excellent build.  I like the way the part with the window leans outward.  The roof is great, and really nice texturing with the walls.  The pathway is neat, and the landscaping is nice with all the plates and plant pieces.  

On 3/27/2020 at 1:49 AM, zoth33 said:

Excellent build.  I like the way the part with the window leans outward.  The roof is great, and really nice texturing with the walls.  The pathway is neat, and the landscaping is nice with all the plates and plant pieces.  

Thank you very much for your kind words, much appreciated!

On 3/27/2020 at 7:44 AM, Boindil Lego said:

Thanks for the WIP picture! I really looking forward to try this one time.

You should try it out ? 

But be carefull, it’s trial and error and frustrating sometimes as some parts could be fragile while constructing it.

On 3/30/2020 at 10:26 AM, Svendp said:

Thanks for the WIP picture. Much appreciated

No problem!

On 4/6/2020 at 12:38 AM, Jerry McGlade said:

Great build!

Thank you very much!

Amazing. I'm always impressed by these cottages with irregular structure, leaning walls and crooked roof. Thanks for sharing the roof detail, it's really good to see how it's done. I guess it's not so stable to move around? 

14 hours ago, Redhead1982 said:

Amazing. I'm always impressed by these cottages with irregular structure, leaning walls and crooked roof. Thanks for sharing the roof detail, it's really good to see how it's done. I guess it's not so stable to move around? 

Thank you very much! 

While building there were fragile parts in the walls but they became stable while building the roof. The flextubes across tje roof added a lot to the stability of the build. 

I moved the finished MOC from my building area downstairs to my closet upstairs and it was the tree that was the least stable part of the MOC, the house stood strong.

Edited by Perterz