Ross Fisher

[Factions Ep. 5 - Cat C][S15 - Rishi - TT] A terrifying encounter

*Your entry has earned 5 XP*

Well, we headed down into those marshes. Determined to find the "Maungur".
From the scraps of information I'd managed to decipher from the Rishii's inane babbling, it seemed like it would be a large animal. Hard to miss.
You'd be surprised just how large am animal can be and still sneak up on you.
When it came barrelling through the undergrowth at me, I was not prepared to meet it. And so, not for the last time in my career, I turned tail and ran.

Rishi Maungur

Bloody thing chased me halfway across the region, and when I finally found a spot it couldn't reach, I turned around and put half a dozen blaster bolts in its sternum - just to be sure. 
And that is how I slew the mighty Maungur of Rishi; terror of the jungle.

Based on the artwork (below) I interpreted the Maungur as a cross between an owl and a gorilla. I've tried to rationalise the drawing where possible; making it look a lot more realistic. I recently saw a video of just how long and skinny an owl's legs are, so I threw that in. Also figured if it was going to have a gorillas gait, the spine would be more horizontal.

It's supposed to be 3 meters tall, so probably not the largest monster you're going to see over the course of this challenge, but it would still scare the hell out of me!

Rishi Maungur

Rishi Maungur

latest?cb=20080819035125

Maungur

Nice!! This is really good... I love that the beast looks like it is having the upper hand in this narrative! Super nice posing. It really looks like they're running for their lives... Maybe a bit more splash around Fnab would do the final sweet detail?

4 hours ago, Darth Bjorn said:

Maybe a bit more splash around Fnab would do the final sweet detail?

Dammit Bjorn! You're so good at spotting the tiny details that would make things perfect, but you always seem to notice them after the post is live.

6 minutes ago, Ross Fisher said:

Dammit Bjorn! You're so good at spotting the tiny details that would make things perfect, but you always seem to notice them after the post is live.

Sorry Ross! If it's any consolidation I do that with my own mocs as well :blush: