2lazeetomakeaname

Future Harry Potter Set Ideas/Speculation

Just yesterday I started wishlisting about sets for DH! Here's mine:

BIG SETS

Malfoy Manor: Harry, Ron, Hermione, Dobby, Luna, Narcissa, Bellatrix, Draco, Griphook and Lucius.

Shell Cottage: Bill, Fleur, Ron, Harry, Hermione, Griphook and Luna.

MEDIUM SETS

Final Battle: We could finally get the courtyard here, and it could have removable pieces and sections, as well as play features to make the courtyard "blow up". Includes Voldemort, Harry, Neville, Nagini and a couple of death eaters.

Escape from Gringotts: With a small mine carts section with a play feature (like the temple of doom from Indiana Jones) and the Dragon area. Harry, Ron, Hermione, a goblin and the Ukranian ironbelly.

Xenophilius' house: Xenophilius, Harry, Ron, Hermione and a death eater.

Wedding clash: Bill, Fleur, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Elphias Doge and a death eater.

SMALL SETS

Forest tent: Harry and Hermione (omitted Ron for the sake of not being repetitive) 

Gryffindor's Sword: A couple of trees, Ron, Harry and the sword.

Escape from the room of requirements: Harry, Draco and Goyle. 

15 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

Gryffindor's Sword: A couple of trees, Ron, Harry and the sword.

This ones the most likely, Lego loves making $20 sets with trees for HP:grin:

I'm going to follow @Otherworld's example and I'll do my wishlist for future Deathly Hallows sets. 

BIG SETS

Malfoy Manor: Harry, Ron, Hermione, Lucius, Draco, Narcissa, Bellatrix, Griphook, Luna and Ollivander.

MEDIUM SETS

Xenophilius' house: Xenophilius, Harry, Hermione and Ron. Maybe a Death Eater.

The Wedding: Bill, Fleur, Elphias Doge, Aunt Muriel, Harry, Ron, Hermione.

Godric's Hollow: Hermione, Harry, Bathilda Bagshot and Nagini.

Final Battle: Harry, Ron, Hermione, Neville, Voldemort, Bellatrix, Molly, Ginny.

SMALL SETS

Battle in the Great Hall: McGonagall (black robes and hairpiece), Snape and Harry.

Forest tent: Harry, Ron and Hermione.

Battle in the Ministry: Dolores Umbridge, Hermione Granger (polyjuiced), Mary Cattermole, Ron (polyjuiced).

Just now, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

This ones the most likely, Lego loves making $20 sets with trees for HP:grin:

I forgot to mention the lake :p

Just now, RAMcGonagall said:

Godric's Hollow: Hermione, Harry, Bathilda Bagshot and Nagini.

Forgot to post this one lol, but I definitely see it as a small set... I would love it!

Just now, Otherworld said:

I forgot to mention the lake :p

Forgot to post this one lol, but I definitely see it as a small set... I would love it!

I don't care as long as Bathilda is in it, she'd be a great minifigure to get!

I've been beaten to the punch on a lot of sets here, such great ideas!

For one that's a bit out-there I would go for the Ministry set - I just really want the Atrium in Lego. It's even in the Harry Potter world here in the UK, it's possibly the most iconic part of Harry Potter we've never gotten in Lego. If it was based on Deathly Hallows Lego would also not have to bother with the Department of Ministries and just include the courtroom, elevator and Atrium. I'm imagining the Atrium being the bottom bit and then the offices with their red and green coloured brick hiding the Courthouse behind, with Umbridge's office being hidden in the floor above so the elevator is hidden. Please Lego! Minifigures could be: Harry (as Yaxley), Ron (as Reggie), Hermione (in disguise), the Death Eater with the blond ponytale, Umbridge and two Dementors. 

Also if the third Fantastic Beasts film does come out next year I had the idea of a tie-in magical creatures mini-wave of sets. This would allow Lego to go back to sets they missed out: the Troll in the girl's bathroom, Fluffy and the Third Corridor, the Chamber of Secrets, Werewolf Lupin vs Padfoot, the Underwater Task and a set with thestrals from Order of the Phoenix (why these seem to be omitted this year I do not know). Also I really really need a Zouwu and the Swooping Evil from the Fantastic Beast films, as well as Nagini's human form and young Dumbledore. Surely that's not too much to ask :grin:

I've done a small (£20), medium (£60) and large (£90) set for the first two films - and assumed Diagon Alley and the Burrow are on the way along with the confirmed Privet Drive. 

Philosopher's Stone:

Troll in the Dungeon - Harry, Ron, Hermione (all dusty), troll

Gryffindor Tower - Fat lady, Common Room, Dormitory, Charms, Transfiguration - Harry, Seamus, Percy, Lee, McGonagall, Flitwick

Philosopher's Stone Chambers - Trapdoor, Devils Snare, Winged Keys, Chess, Mirror - Harry, Ron, Hermione, Quirrell, Fluffy, Chess pieces

Chamber of Secrets:

Slytherin Common Room, Malfoy, Crabbe/Ron, Goyle/Harry, Hermione/cat

Duelling Club - Platform, Corridor with writing on the wall, Harry, Malfoy, Justin, Colin, Lockhart, Mrs Norris

Chamber of Secrets - Bathroom with pipes down to Chamber, Harry, Ron, Ginny, Tom, Lockhart, Myrtle, Fawkes, Basilisk. 

16 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

For one that's a bit out-there I would go for the Ministry set - I just really want the Atrium in Lego. It's even in the Harry Potter world here in the UK, it's possibly the most iconic part of Harry Potter we've never gotten in Lego. If it was based on Deathly Hallows Lego would also not have to bother with the Department of Ministries and just include the courtroom, elevator and Atrium. I'm imagining the Atrium being the bottom bit and then the offices with their red and green coloured brick hiding the Courthouse behind, with Umbridge's office being hidden in the floor above so the elevator is hidden. Please Lego! Minifigures could be: Harry (as Yaxley), Ron (as Reggie), Hermione (in disguise), the Death Eater with the blond ponytale, Umbridge and two Dementors. 

Also if the third Fantastic Beasts film does come out next year I had the idea of a tie-in magical creatures mini-wave of sets. This would allow Lego to go back to sets they missed out: the Troll in the girl's bathroom, Fluffy and the Third Corridor, the Chamber of Secrets, Werewolf Lupin vs Padfoot, the Underwater Task and a set with thestrals from Order of the Phoenix (why these seem to be omitted this year I do not know). Also I really really need a Zouwu and the Swooping Evil from the Fantastic Beast films, as well as Nagini's human form and young Dumbledore. Surely that's not too much to ask :grin:

Definetely Young Dumbledore is a needed minifigure, maybe he could even come with young McGonagall. Maybe the FB2 sets could be the Zouwu along the French Ministry of Magic (which was gorgeous!) and maybe the basement of Newt's house, Bunty could come there too.

Just now, Seaber said:

I've done a small (£20), medium (£60) and large (£90) set for the first two films - and assumed Diagon Alley and the Burrow are on the way along with the confirmed Privet Drive. 

Philosopher's Stone:

Troll in the Dungeon - Harry, Ron, Hermione (all dusty), troll

Gryffindor Tower - Fat lady, Common Room, Dormitory, Charms, Transfiguration - Harry, Seamus, Percy, Lee, McGonagall, Flitwick

Philosopher's Stone Chambers - Trapdoor, Devils Snare, Winged Keys, Chess, Mirror - Harry, Ron, Hermione, Quirrell, Fluffy, Chess pieces

Chamber of Secrets:

Slytherin Common Room, Malfoy, Crabbe/Ron, Goyle/Harry, Hermione/cat

Duelling Club - Platform, Corridor with writing on the wall, Harry, Malfoy, Justin, Colin, Lockhart, Mrs Norris

Chamber of Secrets - Bathroom with pipes down to Chamber, Harry, Ron, Ginny, Tom, Lockhart, Myrtle, Fawkes, Basilisk. 

Pretty good list!

If these end up coming out, I'd love if McGonagall had a new Hairpiece and maybe she could be wearing glasses, and Flitwick should finally be the PS version.

I'd also add Snape in the Duelling Club.

1 hour ago, RAMcGonagall said:

Pretty good list!

If these end up coming out, I'd love if McGonagall had a new Hairpiece and maybe she could be wearing glasses, and Flitwick should finally be the PS version.

I'd also add Snape in the Duelling Club.

Thanks, my idea was to have McGonagall with a skirt piece and glasses, as well as her Animagus form, and Flitwick to be the PS/CoS version :) I took Snape out of the Duelling Club set as he quite a common figure, but he obviously makes sense. 

I've done the same small (£20),medium (£60) and large (£90) for the PoA and Goblet of Fire.

Prisoner of Azkaban:

Honeydukes: Trapdoor with small sweet shop - Harry, Neville, Fred and George (all winter clothes) 

Dementor Lesson: DADA classroom and office, Patronus lesson classroom, Tower with ripper Fat Lady portrait and Divination in the attic - Harry, Ron Pavarti, Lupin, Snape, Dementor

Hogsmeade Village: Shrieking Shack, the Three Brooksticks, and the sleigh, with several small builds like lamps, fences and snowmen - Harry, Ron, Hermione, Malfoy, Rosmerta, McGonagall, Hagrid (all winter clothes), Werewolf Lupin, Snuffles

Goblet of Fire:

The Owlery - Owlery tower over the Transfiguration Classroom with the large record player - Harry, Cho (Winter Clothes), Neville, Ginny (Yule Ball) 

Durmstrang Ship - Karkaroff, Krum, Hermione, Crouch Snr, Mermaid

The Lake Task - One stand with clock on one baseplate, the other baseplate has the Mere village - Harry, Cedric, Fleur, Krum (Lake Task Outfits), Ron, Hermione, Cho, Gabrielle (asleep) Mermaid x2, Grindylow

1 hour ago, Seaber said:

I would love these two especially! I really want a detailed common room!

By the way, if HP keeps selling well, we could get a revamp yet again of the main trio for CoS. This time a more accurate hairpiece for ron and hermione at least.
Hermione’s hairpiece from the great hall is super accurate for philosopher’s stone, but in CoS she has much more defined, tighter curls (and is less poofy)

As for ron, his middle part hair needs to be shorter and more swept to the sides. I’m a suucker for character accuracy. 

18 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

The atrium would be awesome to get! But how would the disguises work? Dual sided heads with extra hairpieces? I’m still lowkey hoping for a Veil battle set this year :look: I really want more death eaters in their awesome robes and masks.

Also, for goblet of fire I’d be happy if we get remaining figures from the yule ball in a future CMF, or advent calendar (Patil twins, Cho, Neville) And I don’t care much for a third task set, but a lake task would be great (mermaids!)

3 hours ago, Seaber said:

Thanks, my idea was to have McGonagall with a skirt piece and glasses, as well as her Animagus form, and Flitwick to be the PS/CoS version

Looove this! Every minifigure we can get from her is amazing! She's my favorite character after all!

Hogsmeade Village: Shrieking Shack, the Three Brooksticks, and the sleigh, with several small builds like lamps, fences and snowmen - Harry, Ron, Hermione, Malfoy, Rosmerta, McGonagall, Hagrid (all winter clothes), Werewolf Lupin, Snuffles

Durmstrang Ship - Karkaroff, Krum, Hermione, Crouch Snr, Mermaid

Definetely my two favorites from the ones you told ,Rosmerta would be a great character to get and more winter outfits would be appreciated! Plus Karkaroff is a minifigure I really want, we have Madame Maxime, Dumbledore, Umbridge, McGonagall and Snape, except Isolt Sayre (the only Headmistress who hasn't made it to the screen yet, I still think Ilvermorny will be featured in Fantastic Beasts or somewhere else), and not counting in Armando Dippet (who could appear in Fantastic Beasts) and Phineas Niggelus Black, he's the only known director featured in the movies we haven't got a minifigure of during this new wave

Edited by RAMcGonagall

3 hours ago, Otherworld said:

The atrium would be awesome to get! But how would the disguises work? Dual sided heads with extra hairpieces? I’m still lowkey hoping for a Veil battle set this year :look: I really want more death eaters in their awesome robes and masks.

Also, for goblet of fire I’d be happy if we get remaining figures from the yule ball in a future CMF, or advent calendar (Patil twins, Cho, Neville) And I don’t care much for a third task set, but a lake task would be great (mermaids!)

Yes to the Death Eaters! I always loved their design in Order of the Phoenix and have always been annoyed how hard they are to get. I was really hoping for the Veil battle too but it looks like there's just going to be the burrow and the (still amazing) Diagon Alley. Also I think alternate disguises could work just like Percival Graves and Grindelwald, alternate faces and extra hair should do the trick. 

I care more about new characters than costumes so I'd hope that Yule Bowl Cho and Neville wouldn't take up spaces in a CMF but a Advent Calendar set sounds perfect! That sort of thing would be a great way to include the Patil Twins especially, and maybe even a Moody or Filch variant considering they're harder to get now. 

1 hour ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

1 hour ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Yes to the Death Eaters! I always loved their design in Order of the Phoenix and have always been annoyed how hard they are to get. I was really hoping for the Veil battle too but it looks like there's just going to be the burrow and the (still amazing) Diagon Alley. Also I think alternate disguises could work just like Percival Graves and Grindelwald, alternate faces and extra hair should do the trick. 

I care more about new characters than costumes so I'd hope that Yule Bowl Cho and Neville wouldn't take up spaces in a CMF but a Advent Calendar set sounds perfect! That sort of thing would be a great way to include the Patil Twins especially, and maybe even a Moody or Filch variant considering they're harder to get now. 

We could get death eaters if DA is a  HBP version

ps accidentally quoted twice, I am dumb:facepalm:

Edited by 2lazeetomakeaname

7 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

I love the silver masks! And the detailing and layers of their outfits are amazing! The death eaters from GoF got nothing on the ones from Ootp. Sadly, I too think they’re done for the year... but it’s the best year for HP so far! Can’t complain:wub_drool:

12 hours ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

We could get death eaters if DA is a  HBP version

ps accidentally quoted twice, I am dumb:facepalm:

Yeah I did think they could include two masked Death Eaters and Greyback if they wanted to recreate Ollivander's abduction at the start of Half-Blood Prince. I doubt they'd put a play function in such a big set tho and it would be a shame if the only way we can get OotP / HBP Death Eaters is in a massive D2C. Maybe they could include a Death Eater masked head as a manikin in the Room of Requirement set? 

Love to see everyone’s ideas, many of which I would like to see done.

One thing I found a bit challenging is coming up with viable sets for the <$20 range, of which we have had only 2, and I imagine Lego would want a ‘cheap’ set in every wave. So I have come up with a few I think are realistic and they are as follows (starting with my favourites):

Escape from Privet Drive: Hagrid (goggles), Harry, flying Death Eater. Build is Hagrid’s Motorcycle: 

Boggart Lesson: Lupin, Harry, scary clown-in-the-box, Dementor. Build is the big wardrobe and the megaphone.

Duel at the Ministry: Voldy, Dumbledore and gold statue. Build is the fountain & giant fire snake.

The Cave: Harry, Dumbledore, 4 Green skeletons. Build is the island.

Troll attack: Harry, Ron, Hermione, brick-built troll.

Flying Lesson: Neville, Draco, Harry, Hooch. Build is a small octagon castle section with Hooch’s office inside and the outside has the thing Neville gets caught on.

Duelling club: Lockhart, Draco, Harry. Long table with flipping feature.  

Bill’s wedding?

Slug club? 

Edited by Bugbot20082

Awesome to hear other peoples' ideas. I'm gonna post my dream (no way it will come true) wishlist, including sets that have been rumoured/confirmed for this year (small ~ £20, medium-small ~ £35, medium ~ £50, medium-large ~ £65, large ~ £80, D2C ~ expensive):

General:
More Hogwarts sets - could include some of the smaller sets below too

Philosopher's Stone:

*1. Diagon Alley & Knockturn Alley; D2C (could also incorporate other films)
2.Gryffindor Common Room (properly); medium
*2. Troll in the bathroom; medium-small
3. The restricted section; medium-small
4. The Forbidden Forest; small
*5. The Forbidden Corridor; large

Chamber of Secrets:

*1. Privet Drive; medium-large (could also incorporate other films)
*2. Herbology greenhouses; medium-small
3. Slytherin Common Room; medium
4. Moaning Myrtle's bathrrom; small
*5. The Chamber of Secrets; large

Prisoner of Azkaban:

*1. The Shrieking Shack; medium-large
*2. Hogsmeade; D2C (could also incorporate other films)
3. Sirius' escape; small

Goblet of Fire:

1. The Quidditch Cup camp; small
*2. The Second Task; medium-small
*3. The Final Task; medium-small

Order of the Phoenix:

1. Grimmauld Place; large
*2. Room of Requirement; small
*3. Grawp in the forest; medium-small
*4. The Ministry of Magic; medium

Half-Blood Prince:

*1. The Burrow; medium-large (could also incorporate other films)
*2. Horcrux on the island; medium-small

Deathly Hallows part 1:

1. The Seven Harrys; medium-small
*2.  Godric's Hollow + graveyard; medium-large
*3. Camp + lake + sword; small
*4. Lovegood's House; medium-large
5. Malfoy Manor; medium-small

Deathly Hallow part 2:

*1. Dragon at Gringotts bank; medium-small
2. Burning the bridge; medium-small
3. Fiendfyre in RoR; medium-small
*4. Battle of Hogwarts; medium-large

There's my completely unrealistic wishlist, probably missing a load of stuff as I mostly based it off the Lego games level list! I've asterisked the ones I would really love, although even that's a bit unrealistic unless this is a super-long lasting theme.

The leak test, a medium set

With Harry, Cedric, Krum, Hermione, Ron, Cho, Mermaid ×2

Gryffindor's common room in a castle section ($80-100)

The fat lady portrait, Harry, Ron, Hermione and her cat, Dean, Neville and some others. With a nice interior and the boys sleeping room.

The rest of the castle in a D2C set (~$200)

The rest of the castle section that can be connected in the Hogwarts castle but even is a nice looking stand a lone set.

A thread in the style of the popular star wars thread to discuss possible sets, minifigures and concepts for future Lego Harry Potter waves.

For all  Lego Harry Potter theme discussion that does not fit into the current annual harry potter discussion thread.

My reposted wishlist for 2021

Earlier Releases/ June Wave:

Hogwarts Battle- Small section of Hogwarts based off of DH2 ( similar to the Room of Requirement) Minifigures: Molly, Ginny, Bellatrix, Death Eater.  £20

Malfoy Manor- Small section of  the Malfoy manor dining hall from DH1  Minifigures: Harry, Draco,Ron, Lucius, Narcissa.     £25

The Tent-  Medium-sized tent build, small pond build with Gryffindor's Sword, New doe patronus piece. Minifigures: Harry, Ron, Hermione, Scabior, snatcher   £35

Shell Cottage- House build similar to privet drive set from this year. Minifigures: Harry, Luna, Hermione, Bill, Fleur, Ollivander    £50

Ukrainian Iron Belly Escape- (Attaches to this year's gringotts build in the D2C) Section of Gringotts that includes a cart track, The Lestrange vault, Miscellaneous Vault, Large Ukrainian Iron Belly build   Minifigures: Harry, Ron, Hermione, (All in disguises), Griphook, Bogrod, Gringotts guard.     £65

The Battle of Hogwarts- Large hogwarts playset with lots of exploding functions but still looks good on its own, Section of the courtyard, Boat house. Minifigures: Harry, Hermione, Ron, Neville, Voldemort, Snape, mcgonnagal, Death eater (x2), Dementor, Hagrid, The Grey lady.   £100

Later releases/ August wave:

Fiendfyre Rescue-(attaches to Room of Requirement set) Builds for the piles of hidden objects, builds for the fiendfyre. Minifigures: Harry, Ron, Hermione, Draco, Blaise, crabbe   £35

Escape from the Ministry- Builds for the court, entrance hall, and lift. Minifigures: Harry, Ron, Hermione (disguises), Umbridge, Yaxley, Mary Cattermole  £50

Death Eater Battle Pack-Small build for some hogwarts terrain. Minifigures: Death Eater (x3) Dementor.   £13

It was omitted from the Chamber of Secrets movie, so it’ll never be a set, but I would have loved to see Sir Nicholas’ Death Day Party. That way we could have gotten all the house ghosts in minifig form.