2lazeetomakeaname

Future Harry Potter Set Ideas/Speculation

2 hours ago, brick3up2across said:

It was omitted from the Chamber of Secrets movie, so it’ll never be a set, but I would have loved to see Sir Nicholas’ Death Day Party. That way we could have gotten all the house ghosts in minifig form.

There’s a decent chance that we’ll get Helena Ravenclaw/The Grey Lady in a DH2 set. But the Bloody Baron and Fat Frair really can’t show up anywhere but a CMF, although I suppose if they were still doing bricktober packs they could squeeze the Frair into one of those. At least those two have an advantage over Helena and Nick in that they’re both shown carrying items, which means ready made accessories for a CMF. 

Now we have seen CMF S2, here are some guesses for S3 if we ever get one. 

1. Harry Potter (Albert Runcorn disguise) 

2. Ron Weasley (Reg Cattermole disguise) 

3. Hermione Granger (Mafalda Hopkirk disguise) 

4. Lockhart (Green robes with Pixie) 

5. Pomfrey (Skelegrow bottle) 

6. Aunt Marge (with round blown up piece and bulldog) 

7. Rita Skeeter 

8. Karkaroff (Yule Ball) 

9. Mrs Figg (Ministy Hearing) 

10. Kreacher

11. Elphius Doge

12. Aunt Muriel

13. Cormac McLaggen (Quidditch uniform) 

14. Ginny (Yule Ball) 

15. Albus Dumbledore (Orphanage Memory) 

16. Xenophilius Lovegood. 

I have assumed a Second Task/Durmstrang ship, an OotP Ministry Battle and CoS set may happen, so have not included figs for those sets. I reckon DHI/II sets will be heavily based around the battle of Hogwarts so haven't included any figures from that. 

The Deathly Hallows movies had many scenes that would make for fun sets.   Going by all the noteworthy scenes from the movie, as well as the scenes highlighted in the LEGO Harry Potter video game, I predict anywhere between 5 to 7 of the following to appear in the 2021 wave.

Part 1

Sky Battle $20 (Harry, Hagrid (new face print with goggles), Death Eater (with broom), Voldemort (with recolored smoky base from new Hidden Side wave))  Includes motorbike with sidecar, 

Wedding Tent $60 (Harry, Ron, Hermione, Fleur, Bill, Elphias Doge)

Luchino Caffe Attack $50 (Harry, Ron, Hermione, Waitress, Dolohov, Rowle)

Ministry of Magic Infiltration $50 (Harry, Ron, Hermione (all disguised with alternate face prints), Mary Cattermole, Umbridge, Yaxley)

Godric's Hollow $40 (Harry, Hermione, Bathilda Bagshot, Nagini)

The Frozen Lake $20 (Harry, Ron, Illusion Harry, Illusion Hermione)  Includes small lake and tree builds, locket Horcrux and doe Patronus

The Lovegood House $60(Harry, Ron, Hermione, Xenophilius, 2 Death Eaters)

Snatcher Ambush $20 (Harry (alternate swollen face print), Hermione, 2 Snatchers) Includes tent

Malfoy Manor $100 (Harry, Ron, Hermione, Dobby (printed shoes), Bellatrix, Draco, Lucius, Narcissa)  With falling chandelier action feature

Part 2

Shell Cottage $80 (Harry, Ron, Hermione, Fleur, Bill, Griphook, Luna, Ollivander)

Gringotts Break-In $70 (Harry, Ron, Hermione, Bogrod, 2 Gringotts Guards)

Hogwarts Bell Towers $90 (Harry, Ron, Hermione, Mcgonagall, Snape, Amycus and Alecto Carrow, the Grey Lady)

Hogwarts Bridge $60 (Neville, Ginny, Seamus, Scabior, 2 Snatchers) Features collapsing action 

Battle of Hogwarts $30 (2 Knight Statues, 2 Death Eaters, Dementor)  Includes giant (similar build to Grawp) and acromantula (similar build to Aragog)

The Room of Hidden Things $30 (Harry, Ron, Draco, Blaise, Goyle) Features Fiendfyre creature builds

Which of these might LEGO try to make as a set next year? Only time will tell.

I was in the Lego store recently and noticed that the room of requirement set seemed to be selling the most, so maybe they will do more small ‘lesson’ sets in a similar format...

I have an idea for two small sets of Defence Against the Dark Arts, each one has a backdrop of one end of the classroom and they can both be connected together to make a whole classroom:

Pixie Mayhem: Lockheart, Neville, Hermionie. A few pixies (new mould), pixie cage, portraits of Lockheart, dragon skeleton and a build of the front desk and the stairway to the office.

Boggart Lesson: Lupin, Harry, Dementor, creepy clown-in-the-box. Build of the wardrobe and megaphone. Backdrop is a build of the rear window and some tables with the skeleton candles etc.

I have a "brilliant" idea for a medium sized 18+ set, akin to Bespin Duel: The Tale of Three Brothers. Focusing on the bridge part, not the brothers dying one by one, of course :innocent: Basically a bit of a scenery, the bridge (maybe with a function of it being "created") and brick built Death figure. It would likely reuse the Deathly Hallows peces which should appear in the next wave.

On 8/3/2020 at 7:04 PM, Seaber said:

Now we have seen CMF S2, here are some guesses for S3 if we ever get one. 

1. Harry Potter (Albert Runcorn disguise) 

2. Ron Weasley (Reg Cattermole disguise) 

3. Hermione Granger (Mafalda Hopkirk disguise) 

4. Lockhart (Green robes with Pixie) 

5. Pomfrey (Skelegrow bottle) 

6. Aunt Marge (with round blown up piece and bulldog) 

7. Rita Skeeter 

8. Karkaroff (Yule Ball) 

9. Mrs Figg (Ministy Hearing) 

10. Kreacher

11. Elphius Doge

12. Aunt Muriel

13. Cormac McLaggen (Quidditch uniform) 

14. Ginny (Yule Ball) 

15. Albus Dumbledore (Orphanage Memory) 

16. Xenophilius Lovegood. 

I have assumed a Second Task/Durmstrang ship, an OotP Ministry Battle and CoS set may happen, so have not included figs for those sets. I reckon DHI/II sets will be heavily based around the battle of Hogwarts so haven't included any figures from that. 

Nice list! I’ll post mine below and it has a lot of the same figures as yours. I also agree that the trio in their Ministry disguises is a great choice for a CMF, in addition to alternate wigs/suitcases they could each have a  Decoy Detonator (new mould)!

I totally forgot to post my list for HPCMF3 so here we go, should be a solid series in my opinion with many desired figures which people wanted from CMF2:

1 Harry (DH casual clothes) & mirror shard (printed tile) & golden snitch

2 Ron (DH casual clothes) & sward of Gryffindor again & deluminator

3 Hermione (DH casual clothes) & pouch bag & Tales of Beedle the Bard book

4 Draco Malfoy (Y3/4 robes) & Ferret

5 Lee Jordan (robes) & Microphone

6 Percy Weasley (prefect robes & new hat) & flying Errol (grey owl)

7 Cormac McLaggen (Quidditch training)

8 Tonks (OotP), pink hair, broom

9 Lucius Malfoy, cane, cape, new mould for the snake head decoration 

10 Werewolf  & Padfoot

11 Flitwick (PS/CS) new hat and beard

12 Lockheart & Pxie

13 Madam Pomfrey, Skele-gro bottle

14 Rufus Scrimgeour & suitcase & printed will tile

15 Rita Skeeter & green quill & notepad

16 Aunt Marge & Ripper

As you see this version of the trio gives us all the objects from Dumbledore’s will :)

Alternatively if Lego decided that it would be best to return again to ‘Hogwarts robes’ for the main trio then I would recommend the following:

Harry (Y1/2) & Fang

Ron (Y1/2) & flying Errol & howler printed tile

Hermione (Y1/2) mirror, book with Basilisk illustration. Petrified face.

Then I guess swap Percy and Scrimgour for someone else like Karkaroff and another version of Ginny or Luna 

Edited by Bugbot20082

Seeing now all the detail and dedication to capturing all the architectural features of Diagon Alley makes me reconsider the likeliness of Grimmauld Place, I think a similarly styled building is possible with a mix of ‘Christmas with the Weasleys’ and order of the Phenix figures, including another chance of getting Moody and Snape for those that missed them from the first wave 

On 9/1/2020 at 12:29 PM, Bugbot20082 said:

Seeing now all the detail and dedication to capturing all the architectural features of Diagon Alley makes me reconsider the likeliness of Grimmauld Place, I think a similarly styled building is possible with a mix of ‘Christmas with the Weasleys’ and order of the Phenix figures, including another chance of getting Moody and Snape for those that missed them from the first wave 

I agree that would be possible, but also extremely expensive, and personally I'm burned out on enormous D2C sets.  I'd prefer the essential minibuilds of Grimmauld Place as an advent calendar:

Six minifigures...

1. Harry Potter
2. Ron Weasley
3. Hermione Granger
4. Kreacher
5. Sirius Black
6. Mundungus Fletcher

...and then minibuilds including tables, beds, and the Black Family Tree with a lot of printed tiles.

41 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

Kreacher

Unless they printed on Dobby's headpiece, I don't think they could do Kreacher in an AC, I have a feeling there are no new molds for them as well as poly bags. 

I have done a couple more of my micro-sized set concepts, this first one is the much talked about ‘Malfoy Manor’ from DH1:

LEGO Harry Potter: Malfoy Manor (set concept)

This is designed as facade much like the Jurassic World fallen Kingdom mansion. 
It could come with many figures including Dobby and even Wormtail again in addition to the heroes and Malfoy family members.

My Dream set for Deathly Hallows is Sirius' Bike. I would say at the minimum it would include Harry(Same outfit as burrows/Grawp set) Hagrid (possibly new torso, most likely new goggled head), the death eater on a broom who killed Hedwig, and of course the bike. Depending on the price, it could also include Voldemort and the towers he gets caught in, but I would hope not as it would only make the set more expensive. Also I doubt they would include Hedwig as that's when she was killed.

3 hours ago, Surge said:

My Dream set for Deathly Hallows is Sirius' Bike. I would say at the minimum it would include Harry(Same outfit as burrows/Grawp set) Hagrid (possibly new torso, most likely new goggled head), the death eater on a broom who killed Hedwig, and of course the bike. Depending on the price, it could also include Voldemort and the towers he gets caught in, but I would hope not as it would only make the set more expensive. Also I doubt they would include Hedwig as that's when she was killed.

Hagrid's bike? I was so confused at first trying to think of when Sirius rode a bike! :laugh:

4 hours ago, chris6507 said:

Hagrid's bike? I was so confused at first trying to think of when Sirius rode a bike! :laugh:

yeah, It was originally owned by Sirius

Of all the sets released since 2018 the one build I would like them to return to to improve on is the Horntail dragon. A lot of people including me were un happy with the design especially the use of the ‘thunderbird’ head which is too eagle-like.

So I thought about how we could have a new set with the dragon again (to get a new mould to do it justice), and I came up with this concept:

LEGO Harry Potter: Dragons! (set concept)

This set is based on the only other scene where the dragon is seen, when Hagrid takes Harry into the forest to see the cages. 
We don’t see who is handling the dragons but it would stand to reason that Barty Crouch Sr, Professor Moody and Charlie Weasley were all involved, so that could be two new exclusive characters! What do you guys think?

I hope they will make a Azkaban prison set, if they will be out of ideas one day.