I've just converted the lego technic bugatti chiron and the Porsche 911 gt3 rs to right hand drive and all of the working parts gearbox and the sequential gear shift mechanism 

There’s no point in creating a RHD Chiron, it doesn’t exist, not checked on the Porsche

7 hours ago, Seasider said:

There’s no point in creating a RHD Chiron, it doesn’t exist, not checked on the Porsche

I'm just curious how you landed in the conclusion that "there's no point in creating a RHD Chiron" in LEGO just because the real car never came that way from the factory?

You may check my mod post here
I live in Hong Kong, where a place is RHD.

So I have created my own and the only one RHD Bugatti on the earth.

You may refer as much as you want, although it does not have many photos about the steering wheels.
It is not hard to convert it to RHD, just make sure you place the black 8T gears right.

8 hours ago, zoo said:

I'm just curious how you landed in the conclusion that "there's no point in creating a RHD Chiron" in LEGO just because the real car never came that way from the factory?

I came to that conclusion for that reason you said. Most people have MODded the Chiron and Porsche to improve it, fix the gears, suspension etc. Converting it to RHD only takes it away from representing the real car. But that’s just my opinion as I’m passionate about cars and work in the industry, I didn’t mean to offend anyone.

9 hours ago, Seasider said:

I came to that conclusion for that reason you said. Most people have MODded the Chiron and Porsche to improve it, fix the gears, suspension etc. Converting it to RHD only takes it away from representing the real car. But that’s just my opinion as I’m passionate about cars and work in the industry, I didn’t mean to offend anyone.

I tend to agree - why spend time to make it less realistic?

26 minutes ago, amorti said:

For some people - me included - it's not so much about realism as it is about building what you like. Just my two virus-deflated eurocents.

Just to put it in different perspective and on purpose exaggerated, no offense. :wink: Building is fun, each in her/his own way.

On 3/25/2020 at 3:19 PM, Seasider said:

There is no point to try, invent, develop anything new, as those things don't exist to date. 

1 hour ago, amorti said:

Why spend time on building less realistic LEGO supercars, if You can buy more accurate diecast or RC models for the same money?

@BYRON MCRAE 86 Pictures, or it didn't happen! :tongue: (Flipping the original model photos doesn't count, put some reference beside... :devil:)

Edited by agrof

They have made a RHD version photos exist you can Google them

I tend to convert most of mine to RHD (except the cranes) as it just feels right.

2 hours ago, LucyCol said:

They have made a RHD version photos exist you can Google them

I tend to convert most of mine to RHD (except the cranes) as it just feels right.

I’d love to see those photos as Bugatti don’t make RHD Chirons. The only ones I can find are flipped photos (the EB on the steering wheel being a reflection).

@agrof - you took my comments the wrong way. As a professional automotive engineer inventing and developing new things is what I do on a daily basis. What I meant was that with the “UCS” series of cars (and the Land Rover) a lot of the Mods on here have been to improve their quality and make them more realistic. That’s why I questioned making a RHD version of a car that doesn’t exist in that form.

as to converting a car from LHD to RHD In the real world it’s a lot harder than people often think.

im going to quit this thread now.

sorry for offending anyone, see you all in the next competition thread

Which steps in the instruction should I change if I want to build an RHD Chiron?

Would you mind sharing the instruction for the RHD version?

You can use the original instructions... just look at them in a mirror ;-)

The boring thing about building cars is, that you build almost everything twice (only mirrored)