Piraten

Corona - What piratical things are you doing during this time

The pirates and Imperials started a race on my desk. :pir-laugh: (I moved them to a table to take the picture.) Can you tell which sets I ended up unpacking? :pir-grin:

IMG_20200415_140614409.jpg

Edited by TalonCard

I am tied up in getting virtual:pir-huzzah2:

Lectures, group meetings, lab courses (as in >lab< courses ...), examinations ... until two weeks ago, I did not have a smart phone. Now there is Zoom, Discord, WhatsApp, RocketChat - oh yes and email. As I control my LEGO layout via custom hard- and software, it was not that much of a transition. I do know TCP/IP ok'ish, and a static IPv4 route is (sort of) a requirement here with 2 access points, one access point/router ... 

I just figured out how Android does the basic Windows things (the X upper right corner missing made me almost mad) and now it all seems to be so easy. The whole shoo bang I never wanted; Google Calendars sync'ed, gamers headset:head_back:. Class starts on Monday - I am going full forward with zoom.

No LEGO at all here. But: LEGO lasts forever, so there is no rush. First things first.

Ha: Did you know that minifigs are immune to Covid19? >All< of them? There are almost as many minifigs as there a people on this planet. Did somebody already tell the heroes of the pandemic, DJT, the Brazilian "leader", BJ, who is now recovering on some remote place, and all the other heroes, who >knew< it would not be bad at all?

Maybe they can distill something out of the minifigs and than drink it. It would make life so much easier:sarcasm:.

All the best, stay healthy and be careful. And those of you, who can do LEGO: >Do it<. Be creative. LEGO rocks!!! Forever.

Thorsten

Edited by Toastie
Hitting more than 4 keys simultaneously = submit

I ordered Pirates of Barracuda Bay 3 weeks ago, but my order status is still "Waiting for new stock," so who knows when it'll come. Until then I've been able to scratch the Pirate itch with some sets that were in two largish ebay purchases I made. A lot of the stuff I found in them was Town, with a few Space and most of a large Castle thrown in, but there was also a mostly complete Eldorado Fortress (minus a tree, a canon and a few minifigs), a Lagoon Lock-up (minus tree and sail), and part of a Caribbean Clipper (minus sails, middle mast bit, and minifigs).

Up next is probably a Pirate-themed roller coaster. I bought several of the Creator Pirate roller coasters at Walmart last year when they were on sale, and I've bought some straight track pieces since then with an eye towards having design flexibility and making a larger one, but I still need to get another large gray baseplate before I can start. 

5 hours ago, Paradosis said:

but there was also a mostly complete Eldorado Fortress (minus a tree, a canon and a few minifigs), a Lagoon Lock-up (minus tree and sail), and part of a Caribbean Clipper (minus sails, middle mast bit, and minifigs).

Sadly those are the best parts of the set! Buy those missing pieces as soon as you can! I own all those sets and trust me, you don't get the full affect until they're complete :pir-wub:. Still though you now own some of the greatest pirate sets ever made!

Barracuda Bay still on backorder, and no very interesting GWP anyway for May, so Pirate things are on-hold for now.

11 hours ago, azog said:

Sadly those are the best parts of the set! Buy those missing pieces as soon as you can! I own all those sets and trust me, you don't get the full affect until they're complete :pir-wub:. Still though you now own some of the greatest pirate sets ever made!

I already had a Clipper and Fortress, but yeah I agree they're major stuff to be missing and I'll get replacements off bricklink sooner rather than later! The Clipper sails though... I'm not sure if I'm gonna bite the bullet and actually buy vintage ones, or just get/make modern reproductions for considerably less.

After 4+ years of just sitting in a tub, I finally built my Red Beard Runner. Inventoried the missing pieces I needed, and ordered them from Bricklink. When all is said and done, I'll only have about $100 into this one (half of the cost were the sails I just purchased!) Another complete one checked off the list. Need to decide what ship to do next.

49868663422_1de582a0d4_c.jpg

Bought a bulk lot from a seller for $140 and have been piecing together sets, mostly from the 90s.  Nice amount of Castle, Town and Pirates including 6266 Cannon Cove, 6247 Bounty Boat, 6296 Shipwreck Island and the crown jewel, 6286 Skull's Eye Schooner.  Most were complete but the SES needed some pieces ordered, notably the compass and blue lantern piece.  I also misplaced one of the bottom sails and thought I was missing it so I now have an extra bottom sail.

The Pirates of Barracuda Bay set finally arrived just today! Ive been building it all afternoon, Also cleaning my old ships form dust and seeing what projects to take on next

7 hours ago, Captain Becker said:

The Pirates of Barracuda Bay set finally arrived just today! Ive been building it all afternoon, Also cleaning my old ships form dust and seeing what projects to take on next

I missed out on the initial offering of the Barracuda Bay set....trying to take my time and find a used one at a good price now. The original BSB is easily my favorite of the classic ships, and I love the updated design of the new one.  

And same, I pulled out all my old ships, and have been cleaning them off. I have about 50% of the Skull's Eye Schooner set disassembled, so I'll probably start purchasing the parts I need for that, along with a bunch of spare cannons to fully equip the ships to their max with guns. May even do a bit of modding to them to increase the gun count on some. I need to figure out how I want to display them too. 

49884939306_6d4d6b6c94_c.jpg

4 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Just this .... 

My set should be arriving Saturday....super excited!

5 hours ago, Corweena said:

It's a fun build ... It's been some time since I build a set this large ... Took a couple nights of building.

23 hours ago, Corweena said:

It is a set to enjoy! I currently have mine displayed on my nightstand haha

Otherwise during this time I am not doing anything physically but instead trying to decide if I want to buy the creator pirate ship :shrug_oh_well:

Just started with Lego again & after a few sets I'm starting to build a ship with 2 battery decks, it's quite a chellenge for me....

The set came in a day early, and I just couldn't resist getting right into it. I underestimated how large the set is with the island and everything. And the construction of the ship is beautiful. 

49950664808_297ca3e38c_c.jpg

Rebuilt my original one yesterday in anticipation, so I can have them side by side. 

49951165376_7954119d37_c.jpg

On 5/30/2020 at 10:43 AM, Corweena said:

Rebuilt my original one yesterday in anticipation, so I can have them side by side. 

49951165376_7954119d37_c.jpg

Superb!

Have you modded the original?
With 3 cannon ports in each side?

3 hours ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

Superb!

Have you modded the original?
With 3 cannon ports in each side?

Yes. Modded for an extra cannon on each side, as well as redesigned the fore deck area to be a bit larger. 

55 minutes ago, Corweena said:

Yes. Modded for an extra cannon on each side, as well as redesigned the fore deck area to be a bit larger. 

Sweet!

I'd love to see some high quality photos of this mod in a separate thread.

Im swearing every color of the LEGO spectrum at my luck not getting the Pirates of Barracuda Bay set, or being able to get the Creator 3 in 1 Pirate Ship set.

Edited by Jevil

I did some pirate building last weekend. Reconstituted the Caribbean Clipper from a very partial set I picked up for 45$ last year. Thankfully it had the sails in great condition and most of the unique/special pieces. Maybe half the bricks I pulled out of my bulk bins. It stands with 9 color substitutions and two missing bricks. I'll fix those over time.

I am thinking... Perhaps I should buy a boat...K2qKtNq.jpg

I must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,

And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by;

And the wheel’s kick and the wind’s song and the white sail’s shaking,

And a grey mist on the sea’s face, and a grey dawn breaking.

(By John Masefield)

Money, space, It is not that easy...

S483Imo.jpg

Not exactly what I had in mind! But at least that nice salesman at the harbour threw in a small dinghy as an extra! Now I have space for extra supplies...

EzN5VlC.jpg

AAARGH! I though sea monsters were just tall tales of drunk sailors!!!

30YeJs3.jpg

Luckily I managed to drive off that giant shrimp-lobster monster! And it left one of its antennae at the battlefield. Makes for a great fishing rod! 

I never thought a Swordfish would be this uhm... swordy?

==========================================================

In real life I have been working on creating storage space for 2500+ bricks... Perhaps I should buy a bigger boat some day...

Edited by jan kusters
added one more pic

I’ve actually started back into LEGO after 30 years. Always wanted the barracuda as a kid but couldn’t get one so when a mate told me about the ideas version back in April I thought it would be a good idea...so why waiting for it I did the creator pirate ship, a first order tie fighter and found some of my old sets at my folks place including raft raiders, sentry, lagoon lockup (missing the trees, canon and sails) and a heap of pirate mini figures. My barracuda bay set arrived last week and built it over a few nights which was superb! Will make it into the ship once my additional cannons arrive. Good times for me...not so much the bank account! Need to setup a flikr account to share some pics. Not sure what’s next.....considering a second barracuda bay to have a stand-alone ship and shipwreck set but not sure the financial controller will approve it!

On 7/11/2020 at 3:33 PM, Jez_AU said:

I’ve actually started back into LEGO after 30 years. Always wanted the barracuda as a kid but couldn’t get one so when a mate told me about the ideas version back in April I thought it would be a good idea...so why waiting for it I did the creator pirate ship, a first order tie fighter and found some of my old sets at my folks place including raft raiders, sentry, lagoon lockup (missing the trees, canon and sails) and a heap of pirate mini figures. My barracuda bay set arrived last week and built it over a few nights which was superb! Will make it into the ship once my additional cannons arrive. Good times for me...not so much the bank account! Need to setup a flikr account to share some pics. Not sure what’s next.....considering a second barracuda bay to have a stand-alone ship and shipwreck set but not sure the financial controller will approve it!

Sounds good man :) Great to hear that you are back in Lego.