Piraten

Corona - What piratical things are you doing during this time

First of all. I hope that all are safe where ever you are located.

Wondering what people are doing in theese days.  Need to be Lego Pirate related.

I use my time for more mocs and photoshoots of the mocs :pir-classic: Will not have enough bricks in the long run. Can work from home and my office is also my lego-room. 

Re-constructing a 6273 Rock Island Refuge, a 6276 El Dorado Fortress and a 6270 Forbidden Island that I got in a second-hand used lot.

The Refuge and Fortress are at least 95% complete and the Island around 85%, but has some key parts missing.

I'm fortunate enough to work from home, and I would love some input from the community: which small Pirate set or sets should I put on my desk? I have pretty much all of the small sets, but my very limited space means that most of them are disassembled and in Davy Jones's Locker (AKA storage. :tongue:) However, I could really do with some cheering up in this trying time, and I have a little bit of space on the desk, so I want to put some Pirates there! I'd like something that would be interesting to fiddle with while I'm on calls. What do you all think?

Not really doing anything Pirates related, but waiting for the pictures for the 3-in-1 Pirate Ship set, and eventually getting the IDEAS set as well.

After that, likely try modify the building from the Pirate Roller Coaster + Tree House Treasures into a proper fort/harbour.

Edited by TeriXeri

Just now, TeriXeri said:

After that, likely try modify the building from the Pirate Roller Coaster + Tree House Treasures into a proper fort/harbour.

I'd love to see that when it's done!

9 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Not really doing anything Pirates related, but waiting for the pictures for the 3-in-1 Pirate Ship set, and eventually getting the IDEAS set as well.

I bet 31109+21322 will make a really nice combination.  Build the Barracuda and fill in the gaps in the remaining island with the B model from 31109. That way you get the best pirate ship ever released and you get a pirate tavern that more closely resembles the Pirate Bay fan build.  We probably won't get good pictures of 31109 until June, so that it doesn't steal 21322's thunder.  Regardless, I'm planning to get both as soon as I can.

Just finished designing this little baby - Captain Skullhead's pirate ship:

ddtfv1n-648117b1-ac6e-470c-bfdf-e782b4c0

and getting to build it. Captain Skullhead will have Ninjago Bonezai's face print and the flag is going to be the one from 10679. Also, an actual working compass will replace the golden round tile over the steering wheel.

EDIT: Made a couple of minor design tweaks and added an anchor!

Edited by Corydoras

Finally found some time to contribute to my much beloved BoBS.

On 3/28/2020 at 12:26 AM, TalonCard said:

However, I could really do with some cheering up in this trying time, and I have a little bit of space on the desk, so I want to put some Pirates there! I'd like something that would be interesting to fiddle with while I'm on calls. What do you all think?

6257, 6260, 6259, 6246

Sike nah. I'm just bricking with you guys. :laugh:

I'm actually working on an LDD Schoolhouse MOC. Right now, I'm looking at pictures of old school houses. I need one for my town, which is mainly country. No need for a big school, but the children do need a place to learn. 

I wish I had time to work on my Blue Coat Flagship, she's ~90% done - started rigging the masts.

But I'm deemed essential by my government. And as people have been calling in sick, going into quarantine or simply dropping their retirement papers so they don't have to deal with this.. We are getting shorter and shorter staffed. I'm now working 7 days a week again to try and keep up. Until I get sick too. 2 confirmed cases and over a dozen suspected at my work. C'est la vie. 

The annoying thing is that I find myself getting jealous of those stuck at home with extra free time.
Rationally I know they are probably missing paydays and I'm still getting paid. They don't want to be stuck inside and are trying to occupy themselves as much as possible as a distraction.
But still... *sigh* 

Be safe and I wish you the very best of luck friends.

Oh, and also making calculations upon calculations to see if I can afford the [LEGO IDEAS] 21322 Pirates of Barracuda Bay... Meh...

On 4/3/2020 at 8:43 AM, blackdeathgr said:

Oh, and also making calculations upon calculations to see if I can afford the [LEGO IDEAS] 21322 Pirates of Barracuda Bay... Meh...

Lol... same here... 

Just ordered some pieces from eBay including the green harvester from 60223, the blue sports car from 60200, the bank from 60245 and the hot rod and import from 60258. 

What a time to be a Lego enthusiast! At least we all have a hobby to keep us busy haha.

During this time I actually bought Lego 60226 Mars Research Shuttle. Wanted to buy that before it retired which I would assume would be any day because it came out last summer. However, tomorrow I am very excited because I might be buying Eldorado Fortress which is a set I have always wanted!

4 hours ago, azog said:

However, tomorrow I am very excited because I might be buying Eldorado Fortress which is a set I have always wanted!

All of you in the US you are so LEGO lucky. You can find old sets in good prices.

5 hours ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

All of you in the US you are so LEGO lucky. You can find old sets in good prices.

For what it's worth there is a really nice condition Eldorado Fortress on ebay right now! He is currently selling from Germany and the bidding still has 4 days

Been getting the pieces together for Shooner and Wild West sets, been great zoning out and forgetting what's happening outside my walls.

Yet another digital project of mine that'll hopefully soon be built in real bricks - some cute pirate boyo:

dduc6u4-531f0505-c581-472d-a358-e40dae40

Currently thinking about putting him in a Gulliver-in-Lilliput-themed diorama.

Edited by Corydoras