Parazels

Question about a white clutch gear

Hello!

Now I'm building a proper motorized vehicle, where an XL-motor drives rear wheels.

There is a pretty long drivetrain (it's impossible to make it shorter or avoid), so, I fear, the XL-motor can break the drivetrain, if something accidentally stops both wheels outside.

Of course, I have tryied using a 24 clutch gear in different combinations, but it is just slipping, therefore, its torque is not enough to move the whole vehicle.

How do you normally solve the problem?

Well, you could use two white gears on top of each other to increase the resistance. Never tried it myself, but it should work.

7 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

Well, you could use two white gears on top of each other to increase the resistance. Never tried it myself, but it should work.

Very interesting idea!

But now I'm considering setting separate 24 clutch gears on both rear wheels. Now there are two ordinary 24 gears.

Edited by Parazels

I usually use 2 of motors for propulsion, so (if you have) 2 XL motors can be useful.

Only smaller Moc (with 68.7 or smaller tires ) I plan to power with only one motor

Maybe the new 46834/46835 combination?
This clutch a considerabel stronger and can be used inline.
The old 24t clutch is also very inconsistent, not 2 have the same torque.

17 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

I usually use 2 of motors for propulsion, so (if you have) 2 XL motors can be useful.

Only smaller Moc (with 68.7 or smaller tires ) I plan to power with only one motor

There are XL-motor - gearbox - rear wheels without differential.

The XL-motor is more than enough for propulsion the vehicle.

Also the vehicle is medium size with high density of mechanics. There is literally no space for other stuff!

14 minutes ago, JaBaCaDaBra said:

Maybe the new 46834/46835 combination?
This clutch a considerabel stronger and can be used inline.
The old 24t clutch is also very inconsistent, not 2 have the same torque.

Maybe, unfortunately, I don't have the new parts yet. 

Edited by Parazels

What do you mean under term gearbox? Transmission like on Land Rover defender or just few gears for downgearing?

28 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

What do you mean under term gearbox? Transmission like on Land Rover defender or just few gears for downgearing?

Two-speed gearbox + several else gears to connect all the stuff!

2 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

This setup is used in set 42055 (Bucket Wheel Excavator). You can look up and study the building instructions to learn more.

45 minutes ago, Parazels said:

Two-speed gearbox + several else gears to connect all the stuff!

That could cause complications, more gears you have more resistance and more torque needed to overcome this problem. Ideja with 2 white churched 24 tooth gears sounds reasonable but I had a situation due to to much gears power did not transfer after white clutch gear...so I decided to use gear reductions 8 to 24 and 20 to differentials and make it as simple as possible. Of course it is just friendly advice.

6 hours ago, Parazels said:

But now I'm considering setting separate 24 clutch gears on both rear wheels. Now there are two ordinary 24 gears.

It didn't work either...

So I decided to ignore the 24 clutch gear at all.

At least now my revolutionary vehicle has a good speed/power ratio!

If possible I would suggest increasing the clutch-force by gearing up the clutch input and gearing down the output. This way there is less torque working on the clutch. This in addition to parallel clutches could help.

-ED-

15 minutes ago, Nazgarot said:

If possible I would suggest increasing the clutch-force by gearing up the clutch input and gearing down the output. This way there is less torque working on the clutch. This in addition to parallel clutches could help.

-ED-

I found Lego designers didn't use a clutch gear in 42030 set, that also uses an XL-motor for propulsion.

So i no longer care of it as long as it's a legal way to build a transmission.

Edited by Parazels