gabrielerava

Newbury High School MOD

Hi to everybody,

this is my take for Lego Set 70425 Newbury Haunted High School.

IMG_1481

Since there are no school in Rava Town (my lego city layout) i boght the set some times ago. Once built I realized it was way to small to fit with the others buildings of my city. 

So I started looking for a modified version on internet. No way. Months passed and no mod on the net. So i bought a second copy of the set and slowly I made my MOD.

IMG_1493

Compared to the original set, I closed the building on the back, added a small courtyard on the front with a fence around and a birch (we are in the year of the birch as you know).

Moreover I designed to model cover the dimension of two baseplates and structured it to fit as a double croner building (sidewalks on both sides).

IMG_1484

The school is no more haunted of course…

This is the groundfloor with the fence, the garden, the small wall and so on...

IMG_1488

And here follows the shots of the other sections of the building.

IMG_1489

IMG_1491

Hope you enjoyed. In case you can find more photos on my FLICKR account https://www.flickr.com/photos/132864555@N03/

See you!

:wink:

This is really great!  I especially like the stone path and the courtyard fountain.  I like the black-and-white tree trunk too.

Did you retain any of the indoor detail or is it empty inside?

On 3/24/2020 at 6:10 PM, neonic said:

Nice :classic:
Great architecture / color combo also

On 3/25/2020 at 2:21 AM, Grey Magistrate said:

This is really great!  I especially like the stone path and the courtyard fountain.  I like the black-and-white tree trunk too.

Did you retain any of the indoor detail or is it empty inside?

14 hours ago, corasaur said:

Wow. Looks too regal to be a high school any more. feels like a university building.

Thanks to everybody for appreciation.

I will keep it as high school at the moment, in the future, with some extention it coul become a university as well, let's see.

No indoor detail since it's built mainly to be put into my city. When I noticed that nobody was interested in looking inside the buildings (ne9ither me in fact) I stopped building interiors for my modulars… :classic:

See you next time!

This is amazing! I am looking to do something similar so I can incorporate it into my town. I'm assuming you bought two sets? Any advice for someone looking to undertake this project? 

Very nice! For the building itself, did you only use bricks from two sets?

I'd love to MOD a smaller-scale (32-wide) Modular school for my Lego City, but I limit my MODing to bricks / designs obtainable from combining multiple sets (as Bricklink is a step too far for my limited skills).

On 5/28/2020 at 5:49 PM, Kilbo Baggins said:

This is amazing! I am looking to do something similar so I can incorporate it into my town. I'm assuming you bought two sets? Any advice for someone looking to undertake this project? 

Well, it’s not that difficult. Usually I suggest to set well the measures and the proportions at the beginning, then you can go “free hand “ and have your building time!

On 5/29/2020 at 3:35 AM, Agent 86 said:

Very nice! For the building itself, did you only use bricks from two sets?

I'd love to MOD a smaller-scale (32-wide) Modular school for my Lego City, but I limit my MODing to bricks / designs obtainable from combining multiple sets (as Bricklink is a step too far for my limited skills).

I used bricks from two official sets. But they were not enough. I had to use my own brick reserves. Especially in terms of great plates and dark red bricks.

20 hours ago, mic8per said:

Great:classic:

?

On 6/16/2020 at 2:10 AM, Jerry McGlade said:

Very sophisticated! I like it a lot!  

On 6/11/2020 at 5:55 PM, Tia1234 said:

Amazing project. It looks incredible. High Schools are not that great looking in real life. :laugh:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Studying in college is sometimes hard. It is at these moments that you can use https://au.edubirdie.com/buy-assignment-online where you will be helped in completing tasks. Some students need help, and this is normal.

Thanks guys!

Great modular.  I am new to this forum but I was wonder if there are instructions for this MOC?  i would buy them.  It would look good in my city. At least any suggestions that might help.

Edited by met42
add to

I love that design. I have two sets of the institute and I want to try to turn them into a train station

You’ve done a wonderful job with the school! 

On 10/14/2020 at 8:18 AM, Samus Aran said:

Normal or Ghost school ?

Normal.

On 3/24/2020 at 4:50 PM, gabrielerava said:

Hi to everybody,

this is my take for Lego Set 70425 Newbury Haunted High School.

IMG_1481

Since there are no school in Rava Town (my lego city layout) i boght the set some times ago. Once built I realized it was way to small to fit with the others buildings of my city. 

So I started looking for a modified version on internet. No way. Months passed and no mod on the net. So i bought a second copy of the set and slowly I made my MOD.

IMG_1493

Compared to the original set, I closed the building on the back, added a small courtyard on the front with a fence around and a birch (we are in the year of the birch as you know).

Moreover I designed to model cover the dimension of two baseplates and structured it to fit as a double croner building (sidewalks on both sides).

IMG_1484

The school is no more haunted of course…

This is the groundfloor with the fence, the garden, the small wall and so on...

IMG_1488

And here follows the shots of the other sections of the building.

IMG_1489

IMG_1491

Hope you enjoyed. In case you can find more photos on my FLICKR account https://www.flickr.com/photos/132864555@N03/

See you!

:wink:

Hey, love the build. So much so that I used it as inspiration for my own school build, albeit with some small changes.

Would It be okay if I did a YouTube video tour of the build? I will of course give credit to you for the original design.

On 7/28/2021 at 12:45 PM, The Lego Room said:

Hey, love the build. So much so that I used it as inspiration for my own school build, albeit with some small changes.

Would It be okay if I did a YouTube video tour of the build? I will of course give credit to you for the original design.

Yes, of course. No problem!