Mister Phes

[LEGO IDEAS] 21322 Pirates of Barracuda Bay - All the official Photos and Videos in one place

5 hours ago, Medzomorak said:

Pretty sure it is just an Easter Egg. As far as we know Lego had a really hard time with Polynesian culture protectors because of using their historical names with Bionicle. I'm not sure what is their stand on Islanders. They've made a PotC set of the natives but that was a fictional tribe if I'm correct.

Anyway as you've would probably guessed I'd be quite happy to see the Islander's return as well ::kahuka:

They should redo the whole seriese.. Pirates. Bluecoats. Redcoats, Islanders.. (By the way i Love them)  Armada/Buccaners.. Just do it.

IloveitIloveitIloveit! :wub_drool: I don't care if I'll starve, I am getting this one. Maybe 2 of it. I am looking forward to seeing it in Pirate Layouts. Personally I will use it in an RPG homebrew setting, that I hope will evolve into a PKH* layout in a few years time. I hope it sells in such amounts that they make more pirate sets. With modern architecture solutions settlement armada sets could be totally awesome.
*Lego Exhibition, Trondheim, Norway

9 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Hmmmm...  or maybe it's just an Easter egg... ya know, since it's almost Easter :pir-grin:

I adore this set, it's a day 1 buy for me without any doubt.

But this little Islanders detail is what really got me, it really feels like a tribute to the 90s Pirates in a way I couldn't have even dreamt or imagined.

Very much like the tonal changes Lego gave the Treehouse project when refining it into the final product that we end-up getting, I am on one hand similarly disappointed like a few others here at how differently this differs from the original submission, but on the other still impressed by what Lego has done for the final product putting those original designs aside. But man, they sure didn't go above and beyond in the way they did here with the Treehouse, as I totally wasn't expecting to see a two-in-one redux of the Black Seas Barracuda from the final product! :thumbup: :oh3: