Mister Phes

[LEGO IDEAS] 21322 Pirates of Barracuda Bay - All the official Photos and Videos in one place

5 hours ago, Medzomorak said:

Pretty sure it is just an Easter Egg. As far as we know Lego had a really hard time with Polynesian culture protectors because of using their historical names with Bionicle. I'm not sure what is their stand on Islanders. They've made a PotC set of the natives but that was a fictional tribe if I'm correct.

Anyway as you've would probably guessed I'd be quite happy to see the Islander's return as well ::kahuka:

They should redo the whole seriese.. Pirates. Bluecoats. Redcoats, Islanders.. (By the way i Love them)  Armada/Buccaners.. Just do it.

IloveitIloveitIloveit! :wub_drool: I don't care if I'll starve, I am getting this one. Maybe 2 of it. I am looking forward to seeing it in Pirate Layouts. Personally I will use it in an RPG homebrew setting, that I hope will evolve into a PKH* layout in a few years time. I hope it sells in such amounts that they make more pirate sets. With modern architecture solutions settlement armada sets could be totally awesome.
*Lego Exhibition, Trondheim, Norway

9 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Hmmmm...  or maybe it's just an Easter egg... ya know, since it's almost Easter :pir-grin:

I adore this set, it's a day 1 buy for me without any doubt.

But this little Islanders detail is what really got me, it really feels like a tribute to the 90s Pirates in a way I couldn't have even dreamt or imagined.

Very much like the tonal changes Lego gave the Treehouse project when refining it into the final product that we end-up getting, I am on one hand similarly disappointed like a few others here at how differently this differs from the original submission, but on the other still impressed by what Lego has done for the final product putting those original designs aside. But man, they sure didn't go above and beyond in the way they did here with the Treehouse, as I totally wasn't expecting to see a two-in-one redux of the Black Seas Barracuda from the final product! :thumbup: :oh3: 

The white/grey prototype build picture is really cool. Its interesting to see the designers working in mostly monochrome during the process.

While i thought the original design was awesome, I was unlikely to actually buy it, as it looked pretty impractical (lots of SNOT, tight alleyways etc) for brickfilming which is my main interest. Amazing display piece though. The fact they threw in the ship is a massive curve-ball that has made me decide to buy it!

I really like the sloping shape of the sides of the gundeck - I don't recall LEGO ever doing it to that standard before? 

As one of the non-BSB owners, I'm delighted. The only thing i think needs changing if one wants to use the ship as a ship is to modify the gun ports I think. I can see why they left the windows in for an easy conversion. Also literal clearing for action will be needed as well. 

On a side note, it woll be interesting to see how well this sells initially, given the current state of the world. There will be a lot of people who can't fork out financially in these uncertain times, but also there will be those (like me) who decide to buy it anyway as something to do while in lockdown! 

Truelly impressed

I wonder how many people will be in a situation similar to mine, where the money coming in and going out has been roughly the same, except now in addition to that we're getting a check from the government at some point. 

I would like this for nostalgia reasons, but i have no space for it.

Instead i tumbled over my boxes of Lego to build 6286 again, which has been in pieces for over 20 years, and once rebuild i have no space for xD

When I first saw it I was "cool", then when I saw it could also make a new pirate ship I was "SQUEEEEEEEE!" Must have 2.

Someone from Reddit put the cannons inside the new Black Seas Barracuda, using only pieces available in the set.

6j9zz279a8s41.jpg

xqUHU1n.jpg

All the photos are here.

I thought whether to post this in the other 2 threads or this one, but since here are all the photos, I decided to put it here.
If Mods think otherwise, just take care of it.

1 hour ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

I thought whether to post this in the other 2 threads or this one, but since here are all the photos, I decided to put it here.

If Mods think otherwise, just take care of it.

This is the perfect place for it, thanks for sharing. Looks good with the firepower; what else were they going to use, harsh language?

18 hours ago, koalayummies said:

This is the perfect place for it, thanks for sharing. Looks good with the firepower; what else were they going to use, harsh language?

Intimidation! The bone-chilling reputation of Captain Redbeard, psychological warfare and all that. After all, the greatest victory is to attain ones objective without having to fight!

Otherwise, a great solution, without having to mod the structure too much - provided the crew remember to approach their prey from the correct side... :pir_laugh2: