Mister Phes

[LEGO IDEAS] 21322 Pirates of Barracuda Bay - All the official Photos and Videos in one place

The videos and almost all the photos in one convenient place.

image.png

21322_alt12.jpeg

21322_alt3.jpeg

21322_alt4.jpeg

21322_alt5.jpeg

21322_alt6.jpeg

21322_alt7.jpeg

21322_alt8.jpeg

21322_alt9.jpeg

21322_alt10.jpeg

21322_alt11.jpeg

21322_alt23.jpeg

21322_alt24.jpeg

21322_alt27.jpeg

21322_alt28.jpeg

21322_alt29.jpeg

21322_alt30.jpeg

21322_alt31.jpeg

21322_alt32.jpeg

21322_alt33.jpeg

21322_alt34.jpeg

21322_alt35.jpeg

21322_alt36.jpeg

21322_alt37.jpeg

21322_alt38.jpeg

21322_alt39.jpeg

21322_alt40.jpeg

21322_Back_06_01.jpg

And it detaches to actually make it's own ship? Sold.

I love the Classic Pirates imagery they're evoking for the box. I think I see some new face prints as well.

23 hours ago, KotZ said:

love the Classic Pirates imagery they're evoking for the box.

Yeah, they've done a good job capturing the essence of the original sets..  However, the new box art doesn't quite have as much detail in the map background as earlier box art went as far to depict pirates and soldiers.

Nonetheless, it's a superb effort!

21322_alt12.jpeg

image.png

Interview of the LEGO designers:
http://www.newelementary.com/2020/03/lego-interview-21322-pirates-designer-madge-carlson.html

There are 2 photos of the early sketch models.

1.jpg

2.jpg

And also photos of some of the prototypes.

gif-lego-pirate-barracuda-bay-prototype-

Official commercial

Designer Interview

Interview with builders and Time-lapse build

BrickVault has a fantastic comparison review on their YouTube channel.

Not only does it thoroughly explore the shipwreck island build, but it also compares the new Black Seas Barracuda against the old... plus there's a minifigure comparison as well.

Another great review from Solid Brix Studios:

Video Review by Ashnflash.

Nice, quick visual overview by All New Bricks:

Official commercial

Interview with builders and Time-lapse build

What does the guard on top of the watchtower see in the horizon? And to whom are they firing at?

Maybe to a future Imperial Ship?
Or to the soon to be released Creator 3-in-1 potential rival Pirate Ship?

Y'know, the past is nostalgic but the future sure is promising! This is a fantastic model on its own, but the references and nods to classic lego lore make it a day one buy.

Oh the difference two hours' news can make in a person's mood!  :grin:

MAC

1 hour ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

What does the guard on top of the watchtower see in the horizon? And to whom are they firing at?

Maybe to a future Imperial Ship?
Or to the soon to be released Creator 3-in-1 potential rival Pirate Ship?

I wish.
I'd even be fine if they released more Bluecoat sets.

But I wonder if the stone sculpture from the 6262 : King Kahuka’s Throne Islanders set is actually a clue to an upcoming, updated adversary...

20 minutes ago, lomis said:

I wish.

But I wonder if the stone sculpture from the 6262 : King Kahuka’s Throne Islanders set is actually a clue to an upcoming, updated adversary...

Hmmm... perhaps you are right and this is a subtle hint.
But I'm wandering, what was the sales success of the Islanders sets compared to Pirates and Imperials? I believe it was pretty low.

Frankly, Islanders is the only thing from the LEGO Pirates Theme that leaves me completely indifferent.

I didn't even know about the existence of these sets till some months ago!

After seeing the interview, I am glad that the LEGO team are such fans of classic pirates. I really feel their love through the interview, it makes me want the set even more.

I can understand that some people are disappointed but a company can't be exclusively run by fans. As they mentioned in the interview, there is a lot of business considerations to be considered, even more than designing the set.

I'm going to buy two and I'm going to be broke. And I'm going to be happy about it. 

And with awesome classic sails and not brickbuilt nonsense.

2 hours ago, lomis said:

I wish.

That stone head design also was in 6292 Enchanted Island , which was another LEGENDS set next to the Barracuda.

I had the 1994 version of that set

I do hope the 3-in-1 Pirate Ship has a Captain Ironhook, would be great to have him available as a rival to Redbeard.

Edited by TeriXeri

This is awesome. Simply stunning. Getting this one for sure. 

One of the best ideas sets to date

Buy they took just the idea. Literally. It barely looks like the project

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

This is awesome. Simply stunning. Getting this one for sure. 

One of the best ideas sets to date

Buy they took just the idea. Literally. It barely looks like the project

I think they were a few other Ideas sets that were overly changed from the submission.  But it is not going to stop me from getting this set.

vader-altered-the-idea.jpg

It's buried in their T&Cs fine print that you agreed to when you joined and made a submission on the Ideas site. :pir-grin:

This is a very nice set where I never thought of the ship is hiding inside the island! I hope i can get it one day and make a review of it. 

Well, I am gobsmacked. I was hoping for some kind of tribute to Classic Pirates in the packaging, but holy sea cow, they went all out on this one! Bios and stories in the instructions! Yellow-framed boxes! And the builds themselves are just magical...somehow, they managed to include the key parts that made the original Ideas concept unique (like the Pirate inn) and also designed it so that it can be re-arranged into a fully functioning Black Seas Barracuda that might, if I'm being honest, actually be better than the original set! (And, let's face it, probably a better build than the Bay version, but I honestly can't complain.)

never had any of the large pirate sets as a young, young kid so I would constantly be rebuilding my shipwreck island sets into the ships I thought they were originally. Seeing a whole set built around this concept is amazing! And I'm so, so happy for everyone that wanted a BSB but never got one--now there's another chance. Wow. Wow wow wow wow.

The timing around the release is extremely unfortunate, but just looking at the pictures is giving me some much-needed cheer.

Edited by TalonCard

im glad we are getting a pirate set, but i kind of feel bad for the designer, this is not his project all his hard work and detail was kind of scrapped, im glad he got his idea chosen though 

6 hours ago, lomis said:

Hmmmm...  or maybe it's just an Easter egg... ya know, since it's almost Easter :pir-grin:

2 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Hmmmm...  or maybe it's just an Easter egg... ya know, since it's almost Easter :pir-grin:

Pretty sure it is just an Easter Egg. As far as we know Lego had a really hard time with Polynesian culture protectors because of using their historical names with Bionicle. I'm not sure what is their stand on Islanders. They've made a PotC set of the natives but that was a fictional tribe if I'm correct.

Anyway as you've would probably guessed I'd be quite happy to see the Islander's return as well ::kahuka:

Another incredible set from the Ideas theme, which is proving to be one of the best themes from TLG, IMO.