lifeinplastic

Technical assistance with audio samples - help requested

eHi All,

I hope everyone is keeping well. Just wondering if anybody could help or provide suggestions with a technical issue I have. It's just a bit of fun for some friends of mine, who I can't meet up with at the moment (for obvious reasons). 

I want to take very small snippets of pop songs (preferably from i-tunes) and combine them into a short track, playing consecutively one after the other. The aim of the game will be to identify which tracks the snippets come from. The samples will be too brief to identify using 'Shazam'-style apps, so nobody can cheat.

I store my music using i-tunes but want to be able to post the tracks using Whatsapp?

Any advice or suggestions will be much appreciated. I'm not overly technical so explanations in simple language would be very helpful!

Thanks

Edited by lifeinplastic

Hello!

Have you found any solution yet?

If not, you might want to have a look at the Audacity software (Free, get it from the official Homepage here). It's an audio editor, you can use it to record the music, cut and paste it to your needs. When you are ready, you can save it as a compressed audio file (preferable MPEG4-Audio .m4a or .mp3), then hook up your phone to the PC to copy your audio file on it.

Cheers, Chris