Sign in to follow this  
ParmBrick

[MOC] Lego T-14 Armata Russian Main Battle Tank

Hi guys, today I present my new creation: the Russian T-14 Armata MBT. This model is heavily influenced by Brickmania model, whose design I think is one of the best around. Not being able to afford it, I created a very similar moc, but with some differences and modifications. The Armata tank was designed over the course of five years, and features a number of innovative characteristics, including an unmanned turret. The crew of three is seated in an armoured capsule in the front of the hull. The main armament of the T-14 is the 2A82-1M 125 mm. The secondary armament consists of a 12.7×108mm Kord. All guns are remotely controlled. The T-14 is powered by a ChTZ 12N360 (A-85-3A) diesel engine delivering up to 1,500 hp. Both the chassis and the turret are equipped with the Malachit dual-explosive reactive armour (ERA) system on the front, sides and the top. The tank features the Afghanit active protection system (APS), which includes a millimeter-wave radar to detect, track, and intercept incoming anti-tank munitions, both kinetic energy penetrators and tandem-charges.

49648162853_4232a67e31_c.jpg

49648162423_b49bfaa93f_c.jpg

49648978007_75a0a781b8_c.jpg

Other images on my flickr page!

Thank you! I tried in my model to make the turret more realistic than the Brickmania model, such as the use of the black slopes for the sensors of the Afghanit system, and the use of the black rollers for the launchers of the aforementioned system, all this while keeping the original design (with other minimal changes). Then I tried to build an engine that reflected the original one of the real tank. In spite of my other tanks, in this and my previous one I opted for 2 stud wide tracks, always for a question of greater realism and respect for the original proportions.

56 minutes ago, Jerry McGlade said:

Really good model!

Thank you too! It was not easy to have to imagine how the chassis was made from the model I was inspired by and influenced me, and the ideal joints that could make such a model. I am very satisfied with the result. In hindsight I could add and improve it more, but alas I don't have unlimited resources.