Bob

Pirates Mafia II - Day Two

41 minutes ago, Robert Walsh said:

This sounds like you've heard this from a totally trusted partner. May I ask why would you have such a thing? I've have guessed this means they've done the same to you and they've told you about this, no? I guess it couldn't be somebody else who is already a confirmed buddy in your eyes, no?

Basically I heard from a claimed blocker who shared some opinions, and then later I heard from someone that they'd heard from a nosy blocker, and that they'd heard a similar report from someone else. :laugh:

Not sure what our current vote tally is, but Paul has a couple, and it works for me, so I say we do that unless we can come up with something better with the time available.

Vote: Paul LaPointe

20 minutes ago, Arthur Hargrave said:

Basically I heard from a claimed blocker who shared some opinions, and then later I heard from someone that they'd heard from a nosy blocker, and that they'd heard a similar report from someone else. :laugh:

TQP_8F.gif

We can't wait for everyone. Do people always go so long without posting? I realize a global pandemic apocolypse is happening but how do you got this long without checking in here?

Unvote: William Mitchel the scummy scum

The also scummy scum.

14 hours ago, Robert Walsh said:

The rules did not say anything about this. Is it like a standard setup here or you're just assuming? @Bob can you confirm this? 

Catching up - yes, standard mafia rules are that all the scum know the whole scum team. That means they also know who is not scum. Technically, they wouldn't know who is town vs any 3rd party roles, but that's usually irrelevant to them. 

10 hours ago, Ethan Dunn said:

The blocker did turn out to be a jailkeeper. 

How would you know that? They "lock someone up" so that they protect AND block them for the night. So there should be no way for the person being targeted to know it was a jailkeeper, nor would any one who's action failed. Unless the scum tried to both block and kill the same person (dumb) and both failed. 

3 hours ago, Warren Pratt said:

Ethan could NOT have known a redirect had occurred specifically from him to Ansel.  In fact he could NOT know one had happened unless he was the scum/killer or the alleged bus driver himself, and if he was the bus driver, 1) why is he bringing it up in public because he knew what happened 2) why did he do it in the first place?  I did not use my role yesterday because I quickly realized the confusion it would cause when analyzing voting trends - it was to be a last resort for me.

What do we believe: that Ansel was a bodyguard, and so is Warren? Or that there's a Bus Driver who can redirect actions?

26 minutes ago, Morgan Marchand said:

How would you know that? They "lock someone up" so that they protect AND block them for the night.

I think he means in Pirates I, having read our files more meticulously.

I'm ready to yeet this mf so I'll Vote: Paul LaPointe

Vote Count: 
Ethan Dunn - 1 (Warren Pratt)
William Mitchell - 1 (Ethan Dunn)
Warren Pratt 1 - (Mitchell LaHore)
Paul LaPointe - 4 (Liam Webb, Arthur Hargrave, Ethan Dunn, Elijah Hendry)

About 13 hours remain in this day. 

Just now, Bob said:

Vote Count: 

William has no votes now, since Ethan has swapped.

Also,

Just now, Bob said:

Vote Count: 

Oooh. I get two votes awesome.

6 hours ago, Warren Pratt said:

I did not use my role yesterday because I quickly realized the confusion it would cause when analyzing voting trends - it was to be a last resort for me.

This doesn't make any sense to me.  A bodyguard only causes confusion due to redirection for the killers... when you die instead of whoever you protected.  How does it mess up vote analysis?  Vote analysis doesn't care why someone died, just that you know their alignment and who voted for/against them.

I will trust Ethan's judgement on Warren at this point.

Unvote: Warren Pratt

Let's see where this goes.

I shake my head in shock. I had no read on Paul either way and how the eff did we get to this point within 3 hours? I went to find a stiff drink before bed.  Maybe tomorrow would make more sense.

Cv5FNgI.gif

10 hours ago, Warren Pratt said:

2.  I truly did not want to make a role claim this early, but it is the only way to truly explain our situation.  My role is BODYGUARD, with a twist - on a successful block I die in the target's place.  I asked for a clarification on this as well; neither the initial target nor killer would be given any indication on what had occurred. 

*clang* *clang* *clang* 

Isn’t this the role of a normal bodyguard anyway? 

10 hours ago, Warren Pratt said:

Ethan could NOT have known a redirect had occurred specifically from him to Ansel.  In fact he could NOT know one had happened unless he was the scum/killer or the alleged bus driver himself, and if he was the bus driver, 1) why is he bringing it up in public because he knew what happened 2) why did he do it in the first place?  I did not use my role yesterday because I quickly realized the confusion it would cause when analyzing voting trends - it was to be a last resort for me.

Vote: Ethan Dunn

What? How would you using your actions cause a confusion when analysing voting trends? This makes no sense. And the Bus Driver would have known Ethan was intended to be killed because he switched him with Ansel. And I presume he would have told Ethan all of this. I don’t like the way the bandwagon has suddenly amassed onto Paul like this. 

8 hours ago, Ethan Dunn said:

I think the scum team is William, Morgan, Paul and Louis. Maybe also Ken doll.

Now come kill me again bitches. I'm onto you.

Fuck. I meant *Kendall.

People who are concerned about Warren, he PMed me over 24 hours ago to claim his role and give me the same theory. His thinking is 100 consistent. This makes me think he is not scummy.

Why do you think this?

*clang* *bash* *bash*

Vote Count: 
Paul LaPointe - 6 (Liam Webb, Arthur Hargrave, Ethan Dunn, Elijah Hendry, Robert Walsh, Mitchell LaHore)

About 4 and a half hours remain in this day. 

For the record, before the Sun goes down.

I do not think Day 2 makes it less suspicious if someone does not vote OR not even addressing their cause of not voting. You are very clearly going under the radar. Most of your comments are giving nothing new, you are either repeating already asked questions or someone else's remarks.

Benjamin, Louis, Zachary, Morgan, Kendall, William, Paul. + Warren since:

5 hours ago, Warren Pratt said:

I shake my head in shock. I had no read on Paul either way and how the eff did we get to this point within 3 hours? I went to find a stiff drink before bed.  Maybe tomorrow would make more sense.

Cv5FNgI.gif

You are still not answering questions about your apparently total unreasonable and wasted roleclaim and your vote on Ethan.

So there appears to be a lot of chatting going on behind the scenes which is very hard on the town, I'm sure the scum love it though! With 14 players, getting to page 6 on day 2 is pretty low post counts all around. yes, I realize i'm part of the problem with very low number of posts.  I've been trying to pay better attention to things for day 2 and I have to say that the Paul votes make me extremely nervous.  This is very much like yesterday when all the votes piled onto someone at the end of the day with no real evidence.   There are people voting here without even saying why they are voting!  Even if you know why, even if you have agreed in some PM conversation, if you are town you owe it to the rest of us to say why you are voting for someone. it's really not that hard.  

I have gone back and read the things Paul said over the past two days, read some of the things others have said to/about Paul.  He does seem scummy overall, I'll give you that. The most damning thing right now is that he claims vanilla townie (usually a very safe claim for a scum) in what appears to be a role madness setup - at least to this point he appears to be the only one claiming vanilla.  Additionally I have not seen him come back to defend himself at all. He wasn't Ethan-level active before, but did sorta drop off the face of the world after the role madness talk started.  This is very suspicious.   However, the thing that gives me pause is the fact that everyone is so willing to move votes to him without much other than that to go on, and it's been quick.

Warren Pratt, now there's someone very worrying to me.  Makes a big longwinded claim of being a bodyguard and then a claim that he didn't use his bodyguard role last night - why not? Lame excuse about confusion. Other than that not much except GIFs and as Robert pointed out, not answering much that's been asked. I'm sorry, but someone who is any sort of town protector will protect someone they see as town, even on the first night. Yes it would have been a risk to yourself, but only a small risk and maybe the risk would pay off and we could find some scum based on the results.  It's a team win, so claiming you could protect and didn't is a lie or very selfish act.  

So of the two, I see a lot more to dislike in Warren.  I went to bed last night hoping Paul would come back and say something but apparently he won't. Half the people haven't even voted and we're in the last hours, where is everyone? 

Vote: Warren Pratt

Part of me wants to vote Paul to help ensure we get a lynch today. I still may.

I also want to vote for Louis. Hasn't posted a single time today, and near the end of yesterday he was very suspicious to me. He put the hammer vote in, which normally scum don't like to do (since they know they're sealing the lynch of a townie and that'll show up the next day), but he made the point of calling it out. 

I do hate to vote for people who simply aren't around (especially since bob's said he's looking for a replacement, which I assume is either Louis or William, or both), so ...

Vote: Paul Lapointe

Yes, it's bandwagony and risks killing a townie. But it at minimum gives us more voting records to examine, and at worst we're lynching a vanilla townie as he claimed. And as Zach just pointed out, right now, a vanilla claim is suspicious. We don't know we're in a role madness situation, but based on the claims we're hearing, it sure looks that way. 

And ok, yes, I know I'm almost doing what I said I'm suspicious of Louis for. I'm almost hammering, and I'm calling it out. So sue me. I know I'm loyal; I don't know that he is. 

5 hours ago, Kendall Odell said:

Why do you think this?

Due to conversations behind the scenes and people being forthright or at least attempting and claims matching up and consistent claims. I have my worries about one in particular but if he's lying he has set himself up to be caught. You are on the list but not high on the list.

7 hours ago, Warren Pratt said:

I lean against the bright yellow and white wall of the fortress and quint my eyes at Warren. He hasn't answered any of the questions asked of him though many have asked about his saying that his bodyguard role has a twist-when it doesn't. I also wonder why he makes no mention of my defense of him. I had tried to meet up with Warren in private but he ignore me. I pause for a moment and think-that's kind of jerky.

41 minutes ago, Zachary Mercier said:

So of the two, I see a lot more to dislike in Warren.  I went to bed last night hoping Paul would come back and say something but apparently he won't. Half the people haven't even voted and we're in the last hours, where is everyone? 

Vote: Warren Pratt

If you want a lynch today and you have concerns about Paul maybe you should vote for Paul?

27 minutes ago, Morgan Marchand said:

Vote: Paul Lapointe

Yes, it's bandwagony and risks killing a townie.  

I am feeling this way about it too but is every lynch a bandwagon? I don't see a difference between what people call bandwagons and what would be a regular lynch. I think one fishy person was pushy about this lynch behind the scenes. We will have more than the voting pattern to look at tomorrow if we are able to lynch Paul.

How could so many people not participate today?