Bob

Pirates Mafia II - Day Two

Just now, Ethan Dunn said:

If you want a lynch today and you have concerns about Paul maybe you should vote for Paul?

I am feeling this way about it too but is every lynch a bandwagon? I don't see a difference between what people call bandwagons and what would be a regular lynch. I think one fishy person was pushy about this lynch behind the scenes. We will have more than the voting pattern to look at tomorrow if we are able to lynch Paul.

I still might, it still bugs me that he hasn't shown up to say anything in any way of a defense.  Maybe that's just what his teammates are telling him to do though.

What makes a bandwagon a bandwagon, in my eyes, is when people are sharing what seems like reasons for voting. The votes might be all over or they might be more toward one person, but there are votes and reasons.  Then toward the end of the day (last 24 or so hours) one person suddenly gets floods of votes without proof and often without any reasonings posted about vote flipping.  They pile on steady and fast and that's a bandwagon.   I would say bandwagons are not 100% on townies, but more often than not.  I also would say that an investigation result on someone that causes massive voting is not a bandwagon even though out of context it would look the same.

Vote Count: 
Ethan Dunn - 1 (Warren Pratt)
Paul LaPointe - 6 (Liam Webb, Arthur Hargrave, Ethan Dunn, Elijah Hendry, Robert Walsh, Mitchell LaHore, Morgan Marchand
Warren Pratt - 1 (Zachary Mercier)

About 49 minutes remain in this day. 

6 minutes ago, Ethan Dunn said:

I am feeling this way about it too but is every lynch a bandwagon? I don't see a difference between what people call bandwagons and what would be a regular lynch. I think one fishy person was pushy about this lynch behind the scenes. We will have more than the voting pattern to look at tomorrow if we are able to lynch Paul.

Today, like day 1, feels bandwagony. There's lots of votes with little reason other than "to get a lynch" - and that's the key. When there's an investigation result shared, or some other actual reason to vote for someone, it's not a bandwagon, that's just obvious voting. It's when there's a rush of votes with little reason on them. 

Just now, Elijah Hendry said:

After a burst of votes for Paul, we're now crawling toward a lynch. This tells me we're on the right track. @Zachary Mercier @Warren Pratt @Benjamin Samuels @William Mitchell @Louis Townsend @Kendall Odell

Who is going to send in that last vote?

On the right track? Based on what? There's very little reason to ACTUALLY think Paul is scum any more than there was ACTUAL reason to lynch Reggie yesterday. I highly suspect we'll have another town result, but then we can look through the voting. That's how this game works. 

Just now, Bob said:

Vote Count: 
Paul LaPointe - 6 (Liam Webb, Arthur Hargrave, Ethan Dunn, Elijah Hendry, Robert Walsh, Mitchell LaHore, Morgan Marchand

About 49 minutes remain in this day. 

Oh bob sir, that's 7 votes on Paul.

Just now, Elijah Hendry said:

After a burst of votes for Paul, we're now crawling toward a lynch. This tells me we're on the right track. @Zachary Mercier @Warren Pratt @Benjamin Samuels @William Mitchell @Louis Townsend @Kendall Odell

Who is going to send in that last vote?

This post makes me think Paul is innocent and you are not.  Plus, it will take 2 more votes to lynch so where are all these missing people?   Seeing as the person who I trust the least has voted for the person I trust the most, I'll change my vote.  I hope that tomorrow people will look at Warren and Elijah though.

unvote: Warren Pratt

Vote: Paul Lapointe

Vote Count: 
Paul LaPointe - 7 (Liam Webb, Arthur Hargrave, Ethan Dunn, Elijah Hendry, Robert Walsh, Mitchell LaHore, Morgan Marchand

About 45 minutes remain in this day. 

Just now, Zachary Mercier said:

Vote Count: 
Paul LaPointe - 8 (Liam Webb, Arthur Hargrave, Ethan Dunn, Elijah Hendry, Robert Walsh, Mitchell LaHore, Morgan Marchand, Zachary Mercier)

About 44 minutes remain in this day. 

@Paul LaPointe !!!!!!!!!

You are an inch from being bandwagoned and lynched. You claimed Vanilla Town. If you have anything to defend yourself or claim otherwise that would save your soul DO IT NOW. Reginald turned out to be town and he took it all personal and told us nothing about himself. That is not helping Town.

Make a case for yourself now. It is clear we do not believe you are Vanilla. Come forward and claim if you are anything else and let see if any of us will have something to say about that.

NOW!

6 minutes ago, Zachary Mercier said:

I still might, it still bugs me that he hasn't shown up to say anything in any way of a defense.  Maybe that's just what his teammates are telling him to do though.

Warren did show up but didn't defend himself and that is weird too. I still have a better read on Warren though. He claimed bodyguard to me long before he had any pressure and his theory about Ansel maybe a bodyguard was consistent to. He think bodyguard has a twist and think I'm scummy but that doesn't make him scum. Right now he looks like town playing his own game.

* he MAY think

5 minutes ago, Zachary Mercier said:

This post makes me think Paul is innocent and you are not.  Plus, it will take 2 more votes to lynch so where are all these missing people?   Seeing as the person who I trust the least has voted for the person I trust the most, I'll change my vote.  I hope that tomorrow people will look at Warren and Elijah though.

unvote: Warren Pratt

So everything you said sounds like you'd be completely against a Paul vote, and yet you did it. Why? Just to get a lynch? Is that enough reason to vote against the "person I trust the most" - seems odd to me that you didn't explain yourself more. 

Just now, Morgan Marchand said:

So everything you said sounds like you'd be completely against a Paul vote, and yet you did it. Why? Just to get a lynch? Is that enough reason to vote against the "person I trust the most" - seems odd to me that you didn't explain yourself more. 

If you look at what I actually said in the previous page post, i'm not completely against a Paul vote.  I explained myself very much already.

Just now, Morgan Marchand said:

I did not read his post that way. It sounded like he was for Paul or Warren.

*clash* *clash* 

Just to seal the lynch  vote: Paul Lapointe. Paul has done nothing to defend himself here. If he comes out with something amazing I’d reconsider.

*bash* *bash*

11 minutes ago, Kendall Odell said:

*clash* *clash* 

Just to seal the lynch  vote: Paul Lapointe. Paul has done nothing to defend himself here. If he comes out with something amazing I’d reconsider.

*bash* *bash*

You are 9th, 8 is needed.

I didn’t mean seal as such more guarantee the Lynch. So if someone was to unvote/backtrack at the last minute we would still have enough votes to secure the lynch. 

Vote Count: 
Paul LaPointe - 9 (Liam Webb, Arthur Hargrave, Ethan Dunn, Elijah Hendry, Robert Walsh, Mitchell LaHore, Morgan Marchand, Zachary Mercier, Kendall Odell)

With 9 votes, Paul LaPointe has been sent to the firing line. A day conclusion will be up in a bit. 

Lol from this.

6 hours ago, Kendall Odell said:

I don’t like the way the bandwagon has suddenly amassed onto Paul like this. 

To this.

19 minutes ago, Kendall Odell said:

*clash* *clash* 

*bash* *bash*

I stumble into the room, more than slightly inebriated if I am honest with myself, I see Paul about to be marched off to the firing squad.  I didn't really know Paul, so I was indifferent to this (even though not joing the group effort would likely look suspicious tomorrow).  I did not trust either Ethan or Robert though, so there was no way I was participating in this.

24 minutes ago, Zachary Mercier said:

If you look at what I actually said in the previous page post, i'm not completely against a Paul vote.  I explained myself very much already.

Ok, I went back and it makes more sense. Just too many people to keep track of everyone's previously-stated opinions :)

So then I assume you are calling Warren the person you trust the least and therefore Ethan the person you trust the most? Too many pronouns make it difficult to keep track... 

Just because he thinks differently than us doesn't make Warren scum. He has been consistent and I believe honest. I don't know for sure but I lean town on him.

Oooh! orry!! :pir-murder:

Hey chumps, the day's over. Go post in the night thread.

img_3106.jpg

Governor Broadside was finishing his fifth martini of the afternoon when Benjamin Samuels approached him.

"They've decided upon Lieutenant LaPointe, sir."

"What? Huh? Oh, right. Carry out the execution!"

img_3107.jpg

Kendall played his drums in a way to prepare everyone for execution.

"Do you have any last words?" Captain Hendry asked.

"I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country." Lieutenant LaPointe said.

Bang!

img_3108.jpg

With that, Paul LaPointe was dead.

Get those night actions in! I'll be making an announcement shortly in the confirmation thread!