Bob

Pirates Mafia II - Day Two

5 minutes ago, Elijah Hendry said:

Vote: Paul LaPointe

Wait, your not voting for him because he said he was vanilla are you? Role madness is a possibility but not confirmed.

There's not two blockers in that list. Would a vengeful know that they are vengeful?

Just now, Arthur Hargrave said:

Wait, your not voting for him because he said he was vanilla are you? Role madness is a possibility but not confirmed.

How do we confirm? Out everyone? This is dangerous talk.

He also laid into Reginald hard yesterday but let others get the wagon started before voted. Note that both Robert and Reginald had three votes until Paul turned the tide.

Just now, Ethan Dunn said:

There's not two blockers in that list.

There were a jailkeeper and a regular blocker (which is why I said "blocking actions" rather than "blockers") in the town until the jailkeeper was recruited by the scum. Note that the rules of this game explicitly rule out recruitment.

Would a vengeful know that they are vengeful?

The vengeful knew.

How do we confirm? Out everyone? This is dangerous talk.

How about we lynch Paul and see what happens lmao? Put your money where your mouth is — if you think this is role madness, vote for Paul. If you don't, then vote for someone else.

8 minutes ago, Elijah Hendry said:

He also laid into Reginald hard yesterday but let others get the wagon started before voted. Note that both Robert and Reginald had three votes until Paul turned the tide.

I placed the fourth vote for Reginald. 

On 3/23/2020 at 2:59 PM, Paul LaPointe said:

Ansel is an odd choice for a scum kill.  He did vote for Liam early on, and was pretty insistent about it, but if Liam is scum it would be a very lame reason to kill him, and if he isn't, it would be a bit of a stretch for scum to kill Ansel to try to imply that.  

As Ethan says he was perhaps more likely a vig kill, but even this is odd.  He didn't strike me as particularly scummy, though he seemed to pinge Ethan, or blipe him, or whatever.  He wasn't a typical quiet fly-under-the-rader big target.

Still, it might be useful to think about why there might not have been a scum kill - were they blocked, target protected etc. 

This would be my reason to vote for Paul today. Lots of us said blah blah blah about the kill but his is the only one that leans towards something happened to the scum kill. If their target was bus drove this looks like someone trying to throw us off and keep us confused.

I placed the fourth vote for Reginald.

Shit, you did. Regardless, Paul hopped on the wagon at a point he could not be accused of leading it or hammering it.

*bash* *bash* *bash* 

Whoa, lots as happened since I was last here. 

So to my understanding, Ethan has been approached by a Bus Driver telling him that he directed the night action aimed for Ethan at Ansel hence why Ansel was killed during the night. Role madness is possible but we can’t just assume it simply because a previous voyage was. 

*bash* *bash* *bash*

I don't see how a role madness game would work. If everybody had a role all we'd have to do is agree to target the person below us in the list. The next day would be obvious who the scum were.

2 hours ago, Arthur Hargrave said:

So Ethan just to clarify, were you or were you not contacted by PM by a killer asking why your not dead?

Why is this still coming up?  This seems so odd to me... since when has a killer ever asked a target why they're not dead?

I can't think of any reason for any killer of any alignment to do such a thing.  It's pure insanity.

56 minutes ago, Elijah Hendry said:

Seems like we're in role madness here, so do remember that the last time Bob ran a role madness Pirate game, there were two town blocking roles.

I don't think we're in role madness, but that wouldn't preclude two blockers.  Seems like at least one of them has told someone about their role, so it would be very nice if those folks who have claims can compare those claims safely somehow.  It's quite common to have multiple blockers even in normal games.

40 minutes ago, Elijah Hendry said:

@Ethan Dunn all we have is what's stated and we should not treat Bob's posts like poems in high school English, wringing them out for every last hint of meaning. Bob himself said we shouldn't read into pictures or avatars — indeed should we trust that a killer visited Ansel in the night, or could we infer that Ansel dropped dead of his own volition?

I know that way back when, classic games such as The Baritones had clues in the pictures and words, but that's not how things are done here nowadays.

Vote: Paul LaPointe

I assume the first part about assuming Ansel dropped dead of his own volition is sarcasm.  The pictures tell the story...

Also, Elijah, and everyone else... You need to put your reasoning for your vote with your vote.  If you talk about something and then vote for someone unrelated, you can't expect that anyone is going to follow your train of thought.  Elijah... you specifically think that Paul is lying about his vanilla claim, correct?

Just now, Mitchell LaHore said:

It's quite common to have multiple blockers even in normal games.

It's quite common to have multiple TOWN blockers even in normal games?

10 minutes ago, Mitchell LaHore said:

Why is this still coming up?  This seems so odd to me... since when has a killer ever asked a target why they're not dead?

I can't think of any reason for any killer of any alignment to do such a thing.  It's pure insanity.

Okay. This is my trash this time, so let me clear it up.

This is a confusion which I've started because of a misinterpretation of Ethan who was talking about players approaching him and he just quoted "manually" Bob's narrative text, but I did absolutely not remember that while reading this. I thought he meant the killer too messaged him saying the text. This made no sense to me, this is why I translated the killer is being surprised that Ethan is not dead yet. This is why I thought a vigilante is around, because no scum killer would reveal themselves like this.

Then I was reminded of Ansel's death text and I've realized I'm a dumb motherf***r who misunderstood. Obviously I never thought Bob might be hinting things with his lines.

20 minutes ago, Ethan Dunn said:

It happened in the last Pirates Mafia execept it wasn't two blockers but a blocker and a jailbreaker. The counter claim almost got one of us lynched. :laugh:

Not jailbreaker, jailkeeper lol.

6 hours ago, Zachary Mercier said:

I'm not freaking out at all :shrug_oh_well:

Zachary's demeanor certainly did not strike me as icy calm.  That was not unexpected either mind you.  Even though our barracks was made up of some of the most veteran soldiers of the realm, winners of numerous campaigns in the past, nervousness when placed under pressure was expected. 

If you took three men charged with a crime, one guilty and two innocent, and threw them into the cells overnight, the innocent men would sleep listlessly as their thoughts turned around them all night - they would worry endlessly about why they had been found suspicious.  The guilty man would sleep soundly as they already knew why they are suspicious, and they needed to conserve their energy for the battle of wits to follow.

To me, Elijah Hendry's behaviour was striking me as one calmly going about a defense.  Which was strange as he had not truly been pressured yet.  His voting for Paul certainly seemed without much basis at all.  While it was early yet, I decided to shine the spotlight on him:

VOTE: Elijah Hendry

Just now, Warren Pratt said:

While it was early yet, I decided to shine the spotlight on him:

1 hour ago, Arthur Hargrave said:

Just saying. :tongue:

Without certain roles there is no way to tell whether there are vanillas or everybody is a freaking snowflake.

Also I am not happy I am the one who is going to say this out loud, but someone should:

If the bus driver is Town, maybe he should just back down or think twice before doing anything. This role's main function is similar to a weaker doctor, only that he often needs to sacrifice somebody else to make the protection. Even the doctor needs to deduce who to protect each day very carefully, but figuring out who to make into a potential target in the meantime is completely on another complexity level.

Ethan and Ansel is a perfect example (if they were truly swapped). We now for a fact Ansel was town, so the best we could possibly say about this that someone protected a townie for another townie. If not....well that is fucking no bueno. Also our best hope as Town to get as many facts as we can. If our own bus driver falsifies our intel then Scum will rape the shite out of us.

This is my opinion. I now it can be jumped upon, but this is what I think must be said.

The only positive thing I see in this is that even the Scum must be scared shitless by now, not nowing whether their actions gonna backfire on themselves or not. Bob probably is very entertained in his little armchair. I imagine him in a bathrobe slurping his cup of coffee very...slowly.

Just now, Robert Walsh said:

then Scum will rape the shite out of us.

Geez...

1 minute ago, Robert Walsh said:

so the best we could possibly say about this that someone protected a townie for another townie.

If that's the case and there's no vig or third party then that's pretty epic. Scum giving us confirmed townies lol.

1 hour ago, Mitchell LaHore said:

Elijah... you specifically think that Paul is lying about his vanilla claim, correct?

That is one reason, and my other reason is his placement on the wagon yesterday — a safe place for a scum to be.

24 minutes ago, Warren Pratt said:

To me, Elijah Hendry's behaviour was striking me as one calmly going about a defense.  Which was strange as he had not truly been pressured yet.  His voting for Paul certainly seemed without much basis at all.  While it was early yet, I decided to shine the spotlight on him:

Sorry, I don't really understand this.

Geez...

Talk about a pain in the ass :roflmao:

Geez...

Yeah, I bet you were the visual type :pir-sweet:

If that's the case and there's no vig or third party then that's pretty epic. Scum giving us confirmed townies lol.

Not quite right. Scum has only some advantage to find innocents, but without roleclaims they can be wrong too.

5 hours ago, Paul LaPointe said:

Another possibility is that Ethan is scum and this is all baloney, but they why tell us at all?  Ethan hasn't come across particularly scummy to me (aside from the "I'm a noob" act).  

This pinged me too and I think I figured out why. If Paul believes I am performing and "I'm a n00b" ACT, does he think I'm not a n00b? Did the scum think this and that is why they targeted me for the kill? If the scum does think this awesome.

*bash* *clash* *bang*

I don’t know. A bus driver claim would be pretty hard to maintain in the long run. Especially with more night actions results giving us a clearer picture of who is doing what. The only advantage it has is causing confusion I guess.

17 hours ago, Zachary Mercier said:

So what we do know is looking at the voting patterns and talking from day 1 which Ethan laid out so clearly for us all , and I'm sorry but I still see Morgan as probably scum. Made a bit of a flub and got overeager on early posting, got pretty quiet when his team mate(s) told him to shut up maybe? Voted not to secure a lynch on a bandwagon but to keep it moving forward.  

I did notice that as well. But then Morgan has been silent today so who knows? 

*bash* *bash* *bash*

17 hours ago, Zachary Mercier said:

So what we do know is looking at the voting patterns and talking from day 1 which Ethan laid out so clearly for us all , and I'm sorry but I still see Morgan as probably scum. Made a bit of a flub and got overeager on early posting, got pretty quiet when his team mate(s) told him to shut up maybe? Voted not to secure a lynch on a bandwagon but to keep it moving forward.  

Ah, I see I'm being brought up again. Let me just say, well, due to the current, um, scurvy going around, my time for this pirate hunt is less than I'd like it to be. So yes, my discussion may not be voluminous. (in plain English - with the current news in the world, and statewide lockdowns, my employer is an "essential" business, so I'm not getting to sit at home or even work from home like many people are, instead, I'm basically working a manufacturing job all day to help increase our production instead of my usual office work, so I won't be able to monitor the game all day long like I usually would. And no, I'm not making face masks or sanitizer or obvious vital stuff. But we do manufacture products that are needed behind the scenes - don't wanna give more detail since it might violate the anonymous game) 

9 hours ago, Ethan Dunn said:

Sure, it can be, especially with a game this large. Keep in mind there are different roles that cause actions to fail - plain blockers, jailkeepers, doctors, etc. Two blockers for the town would be somewhat unusual, but not two different roles that can cause blocking. 

8 hours ago, Robert Walsh said:

Yeah, I bet you were the visual type :pir-sweet:

Not quite right. Scum has only some advantage to find innocents, but without roleclaims they can be wrong too.

What? The scum know EXACTLY who is town and who is scum, except for the rare games where they have recruit abilities and that's not allowed in this one. So yes, the scum know who all the innocents are. They don't know if a person is vanilla town or "power role" town, but they know who are town.