Bob

Pirates Mafia II - Day Two

2 hours ago, Ethan Dunn said:

I will try to explain the bus driver thing better. https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Bus_Driver Somebody PM me and told. me that they are a bus driver and redirected actions targeting me to Ansel and Ansel is dead. The killer says I didn't expect to see you here. The bus driver says he trusts me because he assumes the scum tried to kill me. I am worried that anybody else could've killed me, the scum kill failed for some other reason and now a scum bus driver is trying to buddy up. Either way the scum must know this so the town should to. If the bus driver is telling the truth then the scum targeted me. Even if he is telling the truth its still possible that it was a vigilante or serial killer wanting to kill me and the scum kill fail for some other reason. How many killers would there be in a game with 16? I'm really asking cuz I don't know. Any of these things are possible. Lots of things to think about and the best way to get all options is to discuss it with everyone not just the bus driver.

Robert, I already gave more answers.

Just now, Ethan Dunn said:

Robert, I already gave more answers.

Gee, I totally skipped over. This is the result when we're debating paralell to each other. :pir_wacko:

Anyway thanks for clearing up a bit. So, just to be sure:

• A bus driver has approached you, saying he is Town and he swapped you with Ansel.
  • The killer who targeted you has approaced you, asking why are you not dead already.
  • Another bus driver has approached you as well, who you think is Scum trying to buddy up.

Okay, for a killer to approach you is super wierd, I mean WTF level of weird. I start to realize why did you bring up this vig matter. I can not think of anyone else who would come up for you and admit these intentions.

What about these bus drivers? Did I understand correctly that there is two claim for this? Or you say the one who approached you sounds scummy?

Also we don't have information about the number of non-Town players. I'd say 4 scums at least if there is no third party. If there are a couple of unique third party players, this whole affair might just turn out to be a sh*tshow. It already kinda is.

20 hours ago, Robert Walsh said:

We have to think about this, and you pointing this out is already an advancement in my eyes.

Ok, now I feel really patronized.  :hmpf_bad:

16 hours ago, Elijah Hendry said:

Liam said "likely" — it's a numbers game on the first night and since there are always fewer scum than anyone else, I fail to see why this statement should offend you so.

It didn't offend me, it pinged me.  it sounds forced - much the same way that exaggeratedly lamenting dead townies in the morning sounds forced.  

16 hours ago, Elijah Hendry said:

I find it particularly interesting that Paul is still gunning for Liam after he dropped a softclaim...

Me and about five others.  Why single me out?  I didn't see any soft claim; if you did, is it wise to broadcast it?

2 hours ago, Zachary Mercier said:

I'm not freaking out at all :shrug_oh_well:

You did kinda freak out.  Not the first, in this game.  :look:

2 hours ago, Ethan Dunn said:

I will try to explain the bus driver thing better. https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Bus_Driver Somebody PM me and told. me that they are a bus driver and redirected actions targeting me to Ansel and Ansel is dead. The killer says I didn't expect to see you here. The bus driver says he trusts me because he assumes the scum tried to kill me. I am worried that anybody else could've killed me, the scum kill failed for some other reason and now a scum bus driver is trying to buddy up. Either way the scum must know this so the town should to. If the bus driver is telling the truth then the scum targeted me. Even if he is telling the truth its still possible that it was a vigilante or serial killer wanting to kill me and the scum kill fail for some other reason. How many killers would there be in a game with 16? I'm really asking cuz I don't know. Any of these things are possible. Lots of things to think about and the best way to get all options is to discuss it with everyone not just the bus driver.

Thinking through this, if the bus driver is town, which they usually are, they would have to have assumed you were likely targeted, and they wanted that to redirect to Ansel.  That makes sense if they thought Ansel was likely scum, and had a strong town read on you? I can't say I had a particularly strong town read on you day 1, but then I didn't have a strong town read on anyone.

I would have thought that a scum bus driver would switch roles between a scum mate and a strong townie, in case they were targeted by a vig or investigator (assuming the bus driver redirects all actions).  

As I understand the role, it works both ways, meaning it is possible the redirect was intended to move the target from Ansel to Ethan, which might make sense if the bus driver thought Ansel a likely vig target and wanted to redirect to Ethan.  If so this would be more likely a scum move, though unlikely imho.

Another possibility is that Ethan is scum and this is all baloney, but they why tell us at all?  Ethan hasn't come across particularly scummy to me (aside from the "I'm a noob" act).  

7 minutes ago, Robert Walsh said:

The killer who targeted you has approaced you, asking why are you not dead already.

I didn't see that.  Where did Ethan say that?

There was the line in the opening scrawl, "I didn't expect to see you here."  Is that what you meant?

8 minutes ago, Robert Walsh said:

Anyway thanks for clearing up a bit. So, just to be sure:

• A bus driver has approached you, saying he is Town and he swapped you with Ansel.
  • The killer who targeted you has approaced you, asking why are you not dead already.
  • Another bus driver has approached you as well, who you think is Scum trying to buddy up.

No. I have only been approached by the bus driver in this part. Meaning I was also approached by a blocker but ignore that for now. The bus driver tells me he targeted me to redirect actions that target me to Ansel. Period. Those are the facts. I don't know if what he said is fact but I know that he told me this and that part is fact.

The rest is what I'm left to wonder about. Is the bus driver town? If he is scum then is it the truth that he directed me to Ansel but got the surprise that someone else had targeted me for a kill? If that is true then what happened to the scum kill? These are just questions I'm asking now trying to figure out what might be going on. I don't know how you got the idea that I was contacted by the killer or two bus drivers but maybe you're reading too fast. Is anybody else confused? I'm trying my best to explain.

Would there be a third party bus driver? 

6 minutes ago, Paul LaPointe said:

As I understand the role, it works both ways, meaning it is possible the redirect was intended to move the target from Ansel to Ethan, which might make sense if the bus driver thought Ansel a likely vig target and wanted to redirect to Ethan.  If so this would be more likely a scum move, though unlikely imho.

For this to work the bus driver would've had to be unaware that his team was targeting me for the kill.

14 minutes ago, Paul LaPointe said:

Ok, now I feel really patronized.  :hmpf_bad:

Fair enough. Since I'm fucking myself as you've demanded, let's say the patronizing remark was your fair share (I did not saw your apology since I was still writing) and we're even. Acceptable? :pir_kiss:

16 minutes ago, Paul LaPointe said:

I didn't see that.  Where did Ethan say that?

There was the line in the opening scrawl, "I didn't expect to see you here."  Is that what you meant?

Yes. "The killer says I didn't expect to see you here." I figured this means the killer must have approached Ethan. But correct my if I'm wrong.

1 minute ago, Arthur Hargrave said:

I'm always quiet day two. 

aGYXjz6_460s.jpg

Does this mean you're about the turn out as a Scum breakfast day 8? :pir-murder:

23 minutes ago, Ethan Dunn said:

For this to work the bus driver would've had to be unaware that his team was targeting me for the kill.

Unless the kill was a vig or other killer as you yourself suggested.

9 minutes ago, Robert Walsh said:

Yes. "The killer says I didn't expect to see you here." I figured this means the killer must have approached Ethan. But correct my if I'm wrong.

As I said, it's in the day opening.  I think Ethan was referring to that.

On 3/23/2020 at 3:51 PM, Bob said:

"Oh. It's you." Ansel said.

"Yes, it's me." the figure replied. "I didn't expect to see you here."

11 minutes ago, Robert Walsh said:

:pir_wacko: You're wrong. The killer didn't expect see Ansel there. I'm not even in the picture. How would the killer say it to me if I'm not there? I don't understand.

On 3/23/2020 at 10:51 AM, Bob said:

img_3087.jpg

"Oh. It's you." Ansel said.

"Yes, it's me." the figure replied. "I didn't expect to see you here."

The killer says it to Ansel for everyone to see. 

9 minutes ago, Arthur Hargrave said:

aGYXjz6_460s.jpg

Megablocks!  Of course, it'd be helpful if you'd tell us your thoughts on things a bit...

On the bus driver thing... it's a bit odd.  If we do have a bus driver on the town side, then they can be used to foil the scum's plans, but it only works effectively if the bus driver is working with other town PR's.  Otherwise, it can throw some monkey wrenches into the whole workings.  If the bus driver is scum, what's the reason to claim?  I think the main reason would be to get to know town PR's.  It should be pointed out that it's entirely possible the scum didn't know about the bus driver at all if the kill was a vig or SK and the scum were blocked.  There are actually several possibilities, but to me, the most likely kill on night one is always scum.

On Zachary... his reaction to the vote today has been quite a bit more than I would've expected.  Perhaps he's a bit stressed out.

:facepalm: Sorry my bad, I totally misunderstood. I did not even think you are talking about Bob's narration.

I'm not the one to assure this, but nothing on the avatars nor any picture should imply us anything. Am I right @Bob?

Just now, Robert Walsh said:

:facepalm: Sorry my bad, I totally misunderstood. I did not even think you are talking about Bob's narration.

I'm not the one to assure this, but nothing on the avatars nor any picture should imply us anything. Am I right @Bob?

Are you suggesting it doesn't mean anything? It's a weird thing for a killer to say. Why wouldn't he expect to see his kill target unless somebody messed with it?

29 minutes ago, Arthur Hargrave said:

Why do people have plans to act certain ways depending on the day? I don't understand this.

4 minutes ago, Robert Walsh said:

To quote Rule 11: "There's nothing in the pictures or avatars"

Just now, Bob said:

To quote Rule 11: "There's nothing in the pictures or avatars"

giphy.gif

In this case: Yes. We might have a bus driver in the garrison. Or something very similar.

I said I didn't want to nitpick everything Zachary said but this is needling me.

3 hours ago, Zachary Mercier said:

Are you angry that I called you guys out for already screaming at each other?

3 hours ago, Ethan Dunn said:

This pinged me at first because I haven't screamed at anybody or said fuck you turd or anything like that. I tried to stop the arguments they don't help. You are grouping me with others? Maybe because you are scum and easily mistake twonies for each other but also maybe because six of us are identical. :pir_laugh2:

2 hours ago, Zachary Mercier said:

I meant the royal you as in "everybody that is not me".  When I opened up the thread all i saw was a bunch of people yelling and cursing at each other which made my head pound because in my mind it's really just people standing around (6 feet apart of course, must be safe) screaming.

As he is flipping out over my vote for him he asks if I'm angry that he called us guys out for screaming? This pinged me because I felt like he was grouping townies together from a scum point of view. He answered that he mental the royal you as in everybody who is not him. I think it's more like everybody that isn't town. He can't have meant the royal you when attacking me for voting for him. The question was for me not the royal we. Was I Ethan angry that he called us out for screaming. It's still true that I wasn't creaming or calling anyone turd or saying fuck you. This makes me think Zacahry is being so defensive because he sees us as not scum all screaming and voting for him lumping us together as town. And since he is trying to fly under the radar he flips out because in his scum view the town is calling him out.

Just now, Robert Walsh said:

In this case: Yes. We might have a bus driver in the garrison. Or something very similar.

To ask Bob about this is as silly as checking if Ansel was killed or if he and Reginald were town. The picture or avatar is not telling us what the killer said the words are. Is the missing brick in the eldorado fortress a clue? No. Are the words the hosts telling us the things that are happening. Yes.

25 minutes ago, Paul LaPointe said:

Unless the kill was a vig or other killer as you yourself suggested.

Whick makes more sense since why the hell would scum come forward to a townie?

So Ethan just to clarify, were you or were you not contacted by PM by a killer asking why your not dead?

Also I can second having heard a claim of there being a blocker.

25 minutes ago, Arthur Hargrave said:

So Ethan just to clarify, were you or were you not contacted by PM by a killer asking why your not dead?

NO!

2 hours ago, Robert Walsh said:

The killer who targeted you has approaced you, asking why are you not dead already.

It's flavor text from Bob's post, duh. We shouldn't read anything into what Bob writes about night actions; the only valuable knowledge we have is this apparent Bus Driver. And I see Bob himself has made that point in thread.

6 hours ago, Ethan Dunn said:

A blocker has contacted me. If you're a town blocker and not the person who contacted me please find a way to let someone you trust no to get the information to us.

Seems like we're in role madness here, so do remember that the last time Bob ran a role madness Pirate game, there were two town blocking roles.

2 hours ago, Paul LaPointe said:

Me and about five others.  Why single me out?  I didn't see any soft claim; if you did, is it wise to broadcast it?

Maybe I'm reading too much into things. We'll see.

Just now, Elijah Hendry said:

Seems like we're in role madness here, so do remember that the last time Bob ran a role madness Pirate game, there were two town blocking roles.

What's a role madness game?

We shouldn't read anything into what Bob writes about night actions;

OK. So we're not sure that Ansel is definitely dead then or that Reginald was Town. This feel misleading on purpose. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. Those words where the killer is suprprised to see his own target is something we shouldn't read into. In case you couldn't tell: :sarcasm_hmpf:

A game where everyone and their mother has a role, be it passive like a mason, or active like your apparent bus driver.

Didn't somebody say there were vanilla? Zachary did.

On 3/23/2020 at 6:38 PM, Paul LaPointe said:

I'm vanilla town,

Nerp. Sorry. It was Paul.

Does role madness mean that every player has a role? Is that what every player and his mother means? I think we have vanilla town.

I mixed up Paul and Zachary because they both flipped out.

@Ethan Dunn all we have is what's stated and we should not treat Bob's posts like poems in high school English, wringing them out for every last hint of meaning. Bob himself said we shouldn't read into pictures or avatars — indeed should we trust that a killer visited Ansel in the night, or could we infer that Ansel dropped dead of his own volition?

I know that way back when, classic games such as The Baritones had clues in the pictures and words, but that's not how things are done here nowadays.

Vote: Paul LaPointe

On 4/13/2019 at 7:58 PM, Bob said:

Night Actions:

8cdd23dbe62ee23734d9a7a8a88f8699.png

13f70f788193222aa148cdbd1599cece.png

I looked up the book in our library- Bob's anonymous other pirate mafia with role madness.

Is this game role madness? If so it's not the same as Bob last one because there is no bus driver. If there are any real vanilla townies we already no the answer. That was reakless of you to suggest in public Elijah. Think about that. If you're wrong and I think you are you are putting people with actions and risk if they come in and saay Paul, what do you mean you're vanilla? No?