Pagoda by the Lake

Previously:
All in good Order - Prelude

Next:
--

Dramatis Personae:

Spoiler

49525999456_92b15f84ea_o.png

To Halosians, the Kingdom of the Lotus was still largely an enigma. That far to the South, few travellers had ever made it there - and fewer even managed their way back to tell the tale. Rumour had it Lotii tended to sudden extreme outbursts of violence when offended. Others claimed there was a quota of foreigners that were eaten alive.

He was relaxed though, bathing in the peaceful atmosphere here around the capital city's lake district, knowing that in fact His own agents were responsible for the spread of misleading information about the Lotii back home. And looking at the tall structure in front of Him the faint idea of a smile appeared on His face - as in Oleon decisions of importance were taken in temples. Common ground was established, everything was going as planned...

49688049193_3a2e456dd2_o.png

49688583261_6dfb37e874_b.jpg

My entry for category A; finished way to close to the deadline - some things just never change :laugh:

About:

As usual, all can be built. Besides that... not that much to say here, except fortunately, there were no height restrictions. Not sure though what the Lotii seem to compensate for :grin:

----------

Thanks for watching,

C&C welcome.

Vive le Roi!

Edited by Kolonialbeamter

Nice build! I kept scrolling, and scrolling and scrolling. That height!!! Also reverent Calida at its best?!?! :grin:

Gotta love those wooden legs used in the balconys! The techniques used to curve the panels looks interesting too . Overall magnificent building!

Y'know, Kolonialbeamter, this might -- might -- be an okay design if it was, like, twice as tall. As is, it's barely tall enough to be visible... :grin: :tongue:

Another top notch pagoda - just love how many of those square windows you've used!  The peg legs on the railing are fun and I love the subtle curve of each roof section!

Very very very high ! And so much nice details and NPUs !

Excellent ! Your return in BOBS is just excellent ! :thumbup::pir-laugh:

The roofs are very good and I like the way you used Peglegs for the barriers !

Excellent job !

...And that's what you call coming back in style!  I'll echo what the others have said about the peg-legs (I need a few hundred of those now! :grin:), and, not to mention everything, I'll just say that that ground floor is superb! :wub:  From the soldiers to the use of ingots and unikitty tails to the water, lilypads, border, and of course the pagoda, you really knocked that out of the park.  As with Ayrlego's, though, the top would be my only nitpick - I'm not quite sold on the sudden burst of color, and I can't get the drill out of my head :pir-grin:  But I absolutely do love the roofs between stories - those are simply fantastic!  

Intriguing story as well, I'm starting to wonder what exactly Oleon is getting its hands into... oh, and like Captain Dee said, I think maybe another story or two overall would probably have helped - the minifigs were complaining that it was a little squat :laugh: :tongue:

After viewing all the pagoda's, I think I can congratulate you with having the biggest one haha :p

Gonna pick one detail I really love: hooray for the stone bridge!

KB, really nice job. Your build does an excellent job capturing a pagoda, and while I am only familiar with the square versions in real life, the polygon design is a unique touch. Overall the build is nice and clean with some very nice detailing around the base. 

I am going to make a controversial statement here: I can't help but think how this would look with levels 2, and 4-6 removed, so that it was consistently narrowing towards the top (and slightly less amazingly tall :pir-tongue:).

Other than that, I think the pagoda itself is very well executed - the roofs are excellent, and both ground floor (with the bridge, walkway, posing etc.) and top floor (with the spire - NPU on the drill!) looks great. (However, is there something about the proportion between roof overhang that seems a bit off, particularly at the edges? I struggled a lot with getting that right myself.)

The story is very sparse, but on the other hand, the suggestion that Calida has something to do with all this is intriguing... and alarming!

Overall, very nice build, although I do think the height is a bit... over the top! (BaDUM-tsch :pir-grin:)