Sign in to follow this  
Bregir

[COR ChIIICatA] Great trading houses of the Lotus

The Lotus Empire is characterized by complex social structures in a feudal society, where allegiances and precedence can change frequently. Political intrigue, violent rivalry, and economic ventures can change the landscape of power in an instant. However, one form of power broker is constant: The great trading houses.

49688598981_ff157699a7_b.jpg

These powerful houses control trade, typically jealously guarding their monopolies - with arms if neccesary - and command vast silver fortunes to rival or surpass any prince or feudal lord. It would be folly for anyone to challenge the position of a great trading house, but on the other hand, they can be powerful allies to anyone with ambitions of power. Everything has a price, though...

49688598891_6c5a25485e_b.jpg

The trading houses are commanded by an almost impenetrable inner circle, the doings of which are guarded secrets. In most cases, only family or the closest trustees are invited into the sanctum of power.

Around mercantile hubs, one will often see elaborate pagoda houses to rival or surpass the nobility, in which the dealings of the trading house is conducted.

49688903472_ce7f54ee2d_b.jpg

Rumour has it that the recent expedition to El Oleonda was instigated by direct command of the great trading houses, the exact purpose still unknown...

My entry for cat A - I am quite happy with it. The roofs where fun to build and are inspired by the Chinese new year sets. They are a bit structurally weak, and the ornaments in the corners are... rather unstable - they were the biggest challenge of the design.

Having seen a sneak peak I approve of the final outcome!

This Challenge has brought out some great starts to some storylines that I am looking forward to seeing unfold!

Amazing pagoda! I think the best entry until now! Even though it is a bit read as blackdeathgr suggests, it fits the part really well.

Beautiful both in design and colors. Great effort on the roof sections in particular and I really like the corner ornaments.

Very bold pagoda with those red stripes on the roof.  Great job with the gold highlights too.

Beautiful !

I like the red and black colours for this Pagoda !

It seems the roofs and the ornaments turned out very well !

Cool build ! A great job !

I should order such a pagoda for in the garden of my Royal Palace in Trador :moar:

Awesome job building this! It is very beautifull and majestic :)

Another pagoda, and a nice one too. Just one suggestion, remove these red plates on the roof, your pagoda would look way better without them.:pir-classic:

Fantastic pagoda style house Bregir and I especially like you making it a trading house and not another temple! Like I said via PM, the roofing is very well executed and makes my attempts look very flat indeed. I like the little touch of vegetation around the base in contrast to the red of the build. So much red! The red/gold/black colour scheme of the building work well and the ornaments are very nicely done. I especially like the pumpkin pieces as lanterns, I haven't seen that before. Like I said, I like the original story and the attempt it makes to explain the current situation in El Oleonda.

Presentation wise I probably would have led with the last photo, I think it is the best overview shot both in framing and lighting. Not sure how dark it is still in Northern Europe, but a touch more light might have helped - but this is a minor thing. A very strong entry here for Corrington, which is a good thing when I look at all the Oleon builds I have yet to score!