Sign in to follow this  
Capt Wolf

[ESL - Ch III - Cat A] Public Garden

While there are surely many things that are different between the peoples of northern Halos and the peoples of the Kingdom of the Lotus in southern Halos, there are also things that are the same. In a public garden in the Kingdom of the Lotus we can see these similarities between us and them. Although their language is different from ours, the architecture of the gazebo and the archway may be different than ours, and the garden's wild nature may differ from our planted gardens, the appreciation of the beauty of nature is universal, and their relationships are just like ours.

01full2.jpg

We see two couples in the garden today, one young and one old. The young couple strolls hand in hand along the cobblestone path and the bridge that will take them across the babbling brook.

02bridge.jpg

Across the garden, they see an older couple.

03full_angle.jpg

The older couple is in conversation ...

04old.jpg

... and so the young couple steers clear to give the old couple some privacy, and soon they continue their walk.

The young girl sits on the stone wall, and the boy offers her a bouquet of wildflowers he has picked ...

05wall1.jpg

... as an offering of his devotion to her.

06wall2.jpg

Moving to the gazebo, the boy reveals what is on his mind today. His military unit has been called to active service, and he will soon sail to a far-away land to fight in the service of his king. But he does not want to go before he knows that his girl will be waiting for him when he returns, and so he gets down on one knee and asks her to be his wife.

07gazebo.jpg

Surely this is a scene that plays out all across Terra in every culture.

08ring.jpg

One more view of the garden:

99full1.jpg

This is my entry for Category A of the challenge. I particularly enjoyed building something far more contoured than I have built before. I was afraid of the scene becoming too crowded with so many elements, but I think it worked out ok. All C&C welcome.

You sure are a romantic guy Capt'wolf :grin:

Really like your garden, the bridge turned out very nice :sweet:

What a nice terrain! And the black edge, makes it really proffesional! Also love the mask at the elder lady :wink:

Stay safe people!

Really nice job Capt Wolf, especially on the torii - the simple, single color look fits in very well with the rest of the scene!

Indeed a very peacefull scene. Great job on the bridge and the banks of the river :)

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 1:17 PM, Fraunces said:

You sure are a romantic guy Capt'wolf :grin:

That's what my wife says!

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 1:17 PM, Fraunces said:

Really like your garden, the bridge turned out very nice :sweet:

Thanks. I experimented with a smaller version of that bridge in an earlier build and knew I wanted to include it here.

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 1:33 PM, Professor Thaum said:

Nice garden for sure

Thanks!

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 1:33 PM, Professor Thaum said:

I was expecting a laaaarge amount of pink or white flower on a tree, but those colors do the job.

I considered it, but didn't like my initial effort, so I decided to place it in the non-blooming season. :pir-grin:

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 3:01 PM, Faladrin said:

Nice garden !

A very peacefull scene. I like it !

Great job !

Thanks!

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 9:29 PM, LM71Blackbird said:

A beautiful build and a heartwarming story! Great entry for Cat A!

Thank you!

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 4:54 AM, blackdeathgr said:

What a nice terrain! And the black edge, makes it really proffesional!

Thanks! The uneven terrain was the personal challenge for me in this build. It also made some sort of frame/border necessary, so I'm glad you like it!

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 4:54 AM, blackdeathgr said:

Also love the mask at the elder lady :wink:

Stay safe people!

I think that minifig really works well for the setting, and the RL times. Agreed: everyone stay safe!

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 11:49 AM, Kai NRG said:

Really nice job Capt Wolf, especially on the torii - the simple, single color look fits in very well with the rest of the scene!

Thanks. I experimented with a more intricate version but it didn't fit the scene right.

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 2:11 AM, Ross Fisher said:

Now remake it in blue china tableware!

LOL! :pir_laugh2:

Just now, Maxim I said:

Indeed a very peacefull scene. Great job on the bridge and the banks of the river :)

Thanks! The river banks took some work, especially as the whole thing gains elevation as you move upstream.

I quite like this - the tree is very nice and the dark tan banks on the river were an excellent idea.  Altogether everything works and makes for a very idyllic scene! :classic:

A very pleasing scene Capt Wolf. The way the stream meanders along and cuts into the border is particularly nice. The contours work well for the garden scene and the architecture of the bridge, torii and gazebo are all well executed. The story was also very tranquil which complemented the scene nicely. All together a strong entry, well done!

Wonderful scene, Captain. I really enjoy the tranquility of the scene, and bridge, gazebo and torii are well done, although the landscaping is what catches my eye. Great looking tree and I really like how you have sunk the path into the ground.

Your pictures are great, although the colours seem to be a bit off, as if it has been taken in low light conditions? Nice story too - maybe the Lotus are not so different from us? :pir-classic: