Danifill

Lego Technic Forklift SNSC Zoomlion MOC

Hello! This is my new creation. It is a forklift that nearly copies the real one despite several moments like unpaired front wheels and proportions in some places. So, it has 4 functions that are controlled with one Buwizz and a Lego receiver: drive (Xl motor), traction steering (servo motor), fork lift (M motor) and fork tilt (2 pneumatic cylinders, 2 L motors for pneumatic pump and switch). It can lift up to ~900 gramms, in video I used two filled battery boxes, which weighs ~200 gramms. I use a pulley system for lifting. Also, it has kind of an interior with a decorative steering wheel and a seat.

49686524673_36e4cc5b26_z.jpg

49687358762_757a2c3b6f_z.jpg

49686523818_8b141bfbc0_z.jpg

49686524578_543b29b846_z.jpg

Chassis look:

49686526973_4e4c905cf8_z.jpg

49687361317_8fdb967a92_z.jpg

49687059191_92c17649c2_z.jpg

Nice looking model. The lifting height is a bit on the low side since you didn't use a double lift mechanism.

Have you considered putting the rear wheels the other way around? This way the attachment point of the wheels is closer to the rotation point. It will make them sag less.

1 minute ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

Nice looking model. The lifting height is a bit on the low side since you didn't use a double lift mechanism.

Have you considered putting the rear wheels the other way around? This way the attachment point of the wheels is closer to the rotation point. It will make them sag less.

Yes, lifting mechanism is simple. I tried to put the wheels the other way, but I figured it out late and the bodywork was already pretty wide for this option, my bad.
Big thanks for your remark! :)

Your wheels are very, very flimsy. That's because you are not using wheel hubs.

Also if I'm not mistaken, the pneumatic cylinders don't reach their end positions. It feels like you should have used shorter cylinders.

1 hour ago, Parazels said:

Your wheels are very, very flimsy. That's because you are not using wheel hubs.

Also if I'm not mistaken, the pneumatic cylinders don't reach their end positions. It feels like you should have used shorter cylinders.

Yup, I know, axles are not strong. I wanted to make chassis without hubs, so that was a mistake.
I didn't use small cylinders, because they werent strong enough (also I had only one of them).

Just now, Danifill said:

Yup, I know, axles are not strong. I wanted to make chassis without hubs, so that was a mistake.
I didn't use small cylinders, because they werent strong enough (also I had only one of them).

I meant medium cylinders, not small.

But yes, medium cylinders haven't appeared in sets for many years.

Nice build :-)

Do you maybe have two more wheels of this size (the 68.8 x 24?) to fit on the front axle? Would surely look even better ;-)

2 minutes ago, Jundis said:

Nice build :-)

Do you maybe have two more wheels of this size (the 68.8 x 24?) to fit on the front axle? Would surely look even better ;-)

Thanks!

Of course, they would fit perfectly, but it is hard to get them where I live. Maybe I should try using 62.4x20, but I have only two yet, I really want to get them soon. :)

14 minutes ago, Danifill said:

Of course, they would fit perfectly, but it is hard to get them where I live. Maybe I should try using 62.4x20, but I have only two yet, I really want to get them soon. :)

Then maybe first try with the 68s as twin wheels in front and 62s rear steering wheels in the back?

5 hours ago, Jundis said:

Then maybe first try with the 68s as twin wheels in front and 62s rear steering wheels in the back?

I think 62s are pretty small for this option, but I’ll try it, probably it is really better. Thanks!

I just realized that I cant fit paired wheels in front, they will rub the body behind the first wheels. So, maybe I should rebuild front arc first.