Sign in to follow this  
Tezclatipoca

[ESL - Ch III - Cat A] The Kingdom of the Lotus : The Tea Ceremony

Challenge III Category A

The Kingdom of the Lotus : The Tea Ceremony

During his countless trips, Felipe de la Manzana have heard few things from the Kingdom of the Lotus.

But, there is one thing he is sure of : The Loti people are great consumers of a rare plant they're calling Tea.

This is a plant unknown to the old Halosian civilizations and it is said it only grows upon the hills of some rare spots inside the Kingdom of the Lotus and some southest islands at the west of it.

The Loti people made it a sacred plant and raised it as an art of life !

It is said the Tea Ceremony is sacred and needs a perfect understanding of the plant and of its regenerative abilities to be correctly done.

According to what Felipe has been told; the best warriors of the Kingdom of the Lotus are regularly consuming this plant infused in boiled water to raise their fighting skills !

That would made those "Samurais" (as those warriors are named) nearly invincible !

a76ylF8l.jpg

LGkCzoPl.jpg

The Ceremony is starting by the return of the Master at home, He is usually saying entering his domain :

"Tadaima !"

And is answered by :

"Okaeri nasai" by his wife.

XHRv3ZLl.jpg

bL3oNkwl.jpg

The Lady is dressed by a traditional "Kimono" (a long decorated dress) and a special make up while she is serving the Tea cautiously prepared with a mix of different plants added to the Tea leaves.

The Domestics are helping the Samurai's wife by preparing the dishes and the table correctly.

And finally, the Samurai can kneel at his table (They often don't sit on chairs on the Kingdom of the Lotus !) and enjoy his Tea !

Would it be possible the Kingdom of the Lotus is at war against Carno to simply cultivate Tea on Oleonda where it is said we can encounter great Tea Spots ?!

The ground is really fair

I like the story hook, very familiar to me.

@Faladrin I'm puzzled ! Not even a single apple.

There is somethong wrong with you !

Dis moi que t'as pas choppé le covid 19 !

1 hour ago, Fraunces said:

The tree is really nice! And so many nice bricks of all colours used! Very nice.

Thank you! It's my first take on an asiatic style building and I'm quite happy to see how it turned.

22 minutes ago, Professor Thaum said:

The ground is really fair

I like the story hook, very familiar to me.

@Faladrin I'm puzzled ! Not even a single apple.

There is somethong wrong with you !

Dis moi que t'as pas choppé le covid 19 !

Thanks !

No I'm not ill.

But apples really don't fitted the Cherry trees blossom so I skip the idea of letting even one on the table...

Great job on doing a lot of different building techniques! The minifig posing is also really great :)

On 3/22/2020 at 11:00 PM, Ross Fisher said:

I really like your colour palette. Met the style nicely. 

Thank you !

The colours were very important to keep the style correctly. Indeed...

On 3/23/2020 at 3:07 AM, LM71Blackbird said:

As others have said, great use of color on this build! It's bright but somehow it seems like it all fits perfectly!

Than you !

On 3/23/2020 at 10:49 AM, blackdeathgr said:

Lovely moc! Nice tree, irregular base and great building!

Thank you !

21 hours ago, Maxim I said:

Great job on doing a lot of different building techniques! The minifig posing is also really great :)

Thanks mate !

I tryed myself at different building Techniques I've never tryed yet. Some turned out quite well !

Great vibrant colours here Faladrin, which is something I was hoping for in this challenge! The magenta leaves of the cherry blossom compliment the red building surprisingly well and great a very pleasant aesthetic. The build itself is crowded with great details and the scene around the table and tea serving are especially well done. I really like the curve of the border with the SNOT pathway. My one small nitpick would be the first overview shot, I think it would have been better zoomed out a little, parts of the build are cut off (or at least touching the edge) in a couple of places. Like I said, a very small presentation thing. Another strong entry for Eslandola!

I love the vibrant colours, and the use of a non-rectangular base is a nice touch. I really like the (non-)tiled area, particularly the way you have indented flower stalks - works very well!

The house has a number of good details/npu (samurai armour, use of tan gate piece, black legs for roof, etc.) and overall looks very nice, and your story about the tea ceremony is presented very well and gives us a nice glimpse into Lotus society. I think the colour may be a bit off on your pics, but that works surprisingly well! As Ayrlego said, a bit more work with photos could help, but overall, this is one of my favourite overall entries.