Peter1999

[MOC] Orient Expedition - Himalayan temple

Hello adventurers!

I am happy to present you my second Orient expedition MOC - The Himalayan temple!

49683219362_22befac3a6_z.jpg

But first I have a two questions regarding stud.io:

- I noticed that some older torsos are missing in stud.io, as well as CMF. Is there some depository, where I can find them? (I know that I can create my own torsos with decals, but it is waste of time if someone already created them)

- Second is for strings in stud.io. I could not move string with coupling points, that is why I used a regular one for the bridge. It is a bug on my side, or it is not movable at all? 

Okay, now for the MOC. After red eagle I decided to take a look on the 7417 - Temple of Mount everest. It was one of the sets I always wanted but never had a chance to buy. 

I built the temple by a real life himalayan temple Tungnath Chopta Chandrashila. It is the heighest shiva temple of the world, and one of few high enough to be surrounded by snow as the original 7417 design shows. When I was a kid, I did not undestand why there is a bridge without river, so in my version I added a cold mountain stream. That reminded me one of the Josh Gates Destination Truth episodes, where they found a Yeti footprints near the river like this one (S02E01 for those who are interested), so I instantly added it to the scene. 

One thing, which I want to point out, is a plane. This plane was so perfectly build in the original version. I built mine only with small changes, the proportions and size are simmilar to original.

I also submited this MOC to ideas, it should be there soon, with this story description:

Johnny Thunder with his friend sherpa Sangye are looking for a legendary Sword of fire. The old map leads them into himalayas, through snowy paths and dangerous bridges, to a shrine on top of the mountain. Did they found a yeti footprints near the cold river?

Lord Sam Sinister is trying to be there first with his plane. Stealing ancient relics is not a good idea, because the shrine is properly guarded by a local monk. After the Johnny explains his intentions, monk shows him inside of  the shrine, where they find a secret cave under the temple.

Here it is - the legendary Sword of fire!

49682391938_13c965a5ee_z.jpg

49683215572_54d87a3edc_z.jpg

49682924391_1c4fc2ae64_z.jpg

49682927246_24c75e7a21_z.jpg

49682927821_1c101f97ca_z.jpg

49682924946_26885b7fe1_z.jpg

49682926021_65ffe587e0_z.jpg

49682926811_1b180ffcf2_z.jpg

49682924151_0ebe7e1bb6_z.jpg

49682391113_5a975d0c60_z.jpg

49683216577_7419d9237d_z.jpg

49683216252_79fe5927d2_z.jpg

49682391598_d47d991627_z.jpg

49683217377_1f77ea441f_z.jpg

49682393598_e22c691df8_z.jpg

49682392608_d2fa595c78_z.jpg

Overall, I am really satisfied with the result. Hope you will like it too.

49682925291_960c422502_z.jpg

This is amazing! I would love to have this as an official set! I think i am gonna go to LEGO Ideas and support it right now.

Thanks to all.

I submitted it yesterday, so it should be on ideas in the middle of the week I think. I will write here when it will be online.

Just an idea but you could add an Yeti minifig there too. Since Yeti appeared in Orient Expedition. 

This is so cool!  Love the Adventurers theme and seeing this Himalayan Temple with all of your fantastic details makes me want to break out some of the old sets.  Excellent photography/photo editing as well.

Nicely done and thank you for sharing!

I really like this - very nice job capturing that Orient Expedition feeling, and the landscaping and bridge are quite good: I'm digging the way the river looks like almost just a crack in the snow/ice.  And of course kudos on including the interior as well! :thumbup:

Whooaaa :wub_drool: This is awesome! Lots of nice details, and extra details comparing to the original set. Build more of this MOC's! 

Today I received an email from Ideas. Sadly, my submission has been returned because it "requests the re-release of a discontinued LEGO product or theme". I do not know what can I possibly change in this MOC, but at least now I know how to build a next one.

Nice to see an Adventurers MOC - great job @Peter1999 - I particularly like the bridge. Just been reading about Nepal and Tibet too so your build encapsulates the spirit of adventure perfectly!

On 3/24/2020 at 8:41 PM, Peter1999 said:

Today I received an email from Ideas. Sadly, my submission has been returned because it "requests the re-release of a discontinued LEGO product or theme". I do not know what can I possibly change in this MOC, but at least now I know how to build a next one.

Oh, that's dissapointing.... Well, I cannot wait for your next build! Keep going! 

Fantastic design, I like the updates and the set looks better for the river! You can really see all the original build elements within this set!