Sign in to follow this  
Bodi

[OL-Cha III-Cat A] Into the fog

After having searched half the city, Captain Surlecoup and Mr.Fish finally came in the front of a wooden house, of architecture slight different from the surrounding Lotii buildings.

- Mr.Fish asked:" what are we doing here?" 

- "To see a old friend", said Surlecoup, while knocking on the door.

8hn3Pe.jpg

The door opened, the three men exclaimed nearly simultaneously "Kojima!" -" Pas possible" - "Capitaino sama!" 

It's was Kojima-san, a former crewman of captain's privateer ship, a pirate from the east, who decided to left the adventurous life to marry a woman and live anonimously in a small coastal town, Wuzhen (the town of Fog).

8hnQUO.jpg

Surlecoup hoped that the Lotii sailor could give some hints about the lastest raids. Ironically, he didn't know Kojiama wasn't even a Lotii, but this doesn't mean the former privateer was unable to give him some precious information. The two Oleanders were invited in, and sat around a table, drinking the tea served by Kojima's wife, Haruna-chan.

8hntKI.jpg
-"Dou iu ko to de su ka? Lotii fleeto in El Oleondo? I know a man maybe who can tell us more about this. Chotto matte." The former privateer left for a moment and returned with another man wearing armour and looked like a man of condition, who was introduced as Takahashi-sama, a foreign envoy who has gained the favour of Lotii's court. According to him, the Lotii warriors weren't going after Carnians' gold, they weren't interested by some parcels of unproductive land in Corries' hands. Their mission was much more important, finding Emperor's young brother. Indeed, the Lotii on the throne was an usurper, he wrested the power from his own brother, luckily, the young man managed to escape and disappeared in the wide ocean.

8hn88H.jpg

Great part usage (the ladders as windows, the roof and especially the side opening door! Also the writing with the eastern accent was a nice idea!

20 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Great part usage (the ladders as windows, the roof and especially the side opening door! Also the writing with the eastern accent was a nice idea!

Glado you like my buildo, and I'm happy to use some of these ninjago figs in my builds.

20 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Sliding panels ! What a nice idea.

And the ladders as windows :thumbup:

Thanks Thaum, and the ladders were indeed supposed to represent windows, my son thought I was building a prison.:pir-grin:

On 3/21/2020 at 12:34 PM, Bodi said:

Their mission was much more important, finding Emperor's young brother. Indeed, the Lotii on the throne was an usurper, he wrested the power from his own brother, luckily, the young man managed to escape and disappeared in the wide ocean.

Canon accepted.

Nice story developping here.. The build with the sliding door is nice too as said before :thumbup: 

Great design choice with the sliding doors!

11 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:
On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 8:34 AM, Bodi said:

Their mission was much more important, finding Emperor's young brother. Indeed, the Lotii on the throne was an usurper, he wrested the power from his own brother, luckily, the young man managed to escape and disappeared in the wide ocean.

Canon accepted.

I second this!

Edited by LM71Blackbird

The sliding door is a very nice detail :)

Also great job on the story. It was nice to read :)

On 3/22/2020 at 11:05 PM, Ross Fisher said:

Canon accepted.

It would be fun if our paths cross at some point.

On 3/23/2020 at 2:02 AM, Fraunces said:

Nice story developping here.. The build with the sliding door is nice too as said before :thumbup: 

Thanks Fraunces, glad you like it.

On 3/23/2020 at 4:07 AM, Faladrin said:

Nice door ! A functional sliding panel ! :thumbup:

Cool !

Great idea !

Thank you Faladrin.

On 3/23/2020 at 10:21 AM, LM71Blackbird said:

Great design choice with the sliding doors!

Thanks LM71, in fact it's quite simple to build.

5 hours ago, Maxim I said:

The sliding door is a very nice detail :)

Also great job on the story. It was nice to read :)

Thanks Maxim, appreciate it.

Great looking house, bodi. Roof and windows are well done, and as others have said, the sliding door is a nice detail. I also like the little rice bowls - simple but effective. The rest of the interior and the landscaping outside is a bit sparse, though. The pictures show some nice angles and presents the story well, but they are a bit grainy. (May simply be the camera, but in my experience it is often due to limited light) Also, a nice story hook with the displaced prince!

On 4/5/2020 at 9:14 AM, Bregir said:

rice bowls

They supposed to represent cups, Lotii used to serve tea to their guests. 

On 4/5/2020 at 9:14 AM, Bregir said:

The rest of the interior and the landscaping outside is a bit sparse, though.

You are right the interior is quite spartan, though the landscaping was intentional, I guess in certain regions of the Lotus Empire, any decorations and vegetation in the immediate vicinity of a residence would be superfluous and may be regarded as a proof of laziness and bad taste.