Sign in to follow this  
Ayrlego

[COR ChIIICatA] Lotii Pagoda

Not much is known of the mysterious Kingdom of the Lotus to the nations of the Madrice Peninsular; however, since the raid on Spudkirk and the subsequent declaration of war, Colonel Sir Dirk Allcock has busily been conducting research to find out more. One source of information is the small Lotii community who have settled in Port Raleigh. The community; mostly traders and craftsmen seeking riches outside their southern homeland, appear keen to reassure the Corlander authorities of their loyalty to their adopted settlement.

One of the common themes they tell are of towered structures with awnings on each level, known as pagodas. These are akin to a type of temple, although it appears the Lotii don't worship a pantheon of Gods in the same way as most of the religions known to Madricians. Rather they strive to live the best version of themselves, and these pagodas are a place of reflection and mediation. Many are set in beautifully sculptured gardens to create a maximum feeling of peace and tranquillity.

A Lotii artist in Port Raleigh have sketched one such Pagoda in the style of the Oleon oil on canvas masters for Sir Dirk.

49679347007_c6b35751bb_c.jpg

My entry for Category A. I have been a little inactive lately as real life takes it's toll. I plan on getting around on commenting on all the great recent builds shortly; however, I needed to post this first so I meet the end of weekend deadline (I'll be busy now until Monday!). 

Bloody bishop shit !!

That's incredible !

The roofs, the stoned basement, the walls and the balcony are masterpieces.

Albeit the technic used for the cherry blossom trees is now a classic, it always do the trick.

A strong entry for Corrington.

Very neat entry, it looks terrific from the trees to the balcony to the roofs. And what kind of a piece did you use in the balcony? The golden piece?

This is a great pagoda, perfect use of grill tiles and nice job on the foundation too.    Good call to leave some studs exposed - both on the roof and around the building. :thumbup: 

As always from you, a very clean creation. Near perfection.

I would go to slight nittpicking details as it's you :

First : the trees : I've already seen your Cherry Blossom trees and you didn't try another way to build them. It's ok, I understand why not changing them; but from an excellent builder like you, why not trying something more... challenging... :pir-grin:

And second : The roofs : They are nice, clean and very effective like that, of course; but once again, I don't see a spark of a challenging try, I would I've tryed a more complex design if I were at your building level.

Of course, those remarks are just very very (Very...) advanced details and I wouldn't have say that if it were not you the builder !

I consider you've done a very good build but you could have done more...

On 3/20/2020 at 11:50 PM, Professor Thaum said:

Bloody bishop shit !!

And Eurobrick censored me for saying a$$! Hilarious. 

It is a beautiful bit of architecture though. I love all the panelling.

Looks great :classic:

the Roof, the stony base, the cherryblossoms, the little lanterns, the colors ... cool, looks really asian to me.
Also like that little ornament.

I love the way you know how to put colors together to make for a simply fantastic masterpiece! :drool:  Except for the dark green slopes on the very top which I'm a bit conflicted about and can't quite make up my mind on whether I like or not - though I will readily admit that the tops are the hardest thing to nail on pagodas - everything about this build is absolutely amazing!  The plate roofs were a bold move that worked very well, and you're rekindling my resolve to try out those brick-bands on my buildings :grin:  The vegetation and base are excellent as well, and the pink really makes this for me - just masterful work all around!  This pretty much sums up what I love about far eastern builds :wub:

Absolutely fantastic!

The colourscheme is awesome. So many things to discover and enjoy :)

As others have said, excellent use of colour (as always) - while I went very vibrant, you went very subdued, and I think it works! The base (both vegetation and the stone foundation) is really nice, and I like the wooden level with its golden aspects before the "real" pagoda begins. I think the roof turned out excellent, and you have managed to build a good rooftop as well, which I always find hard. On an architectural note, the lack of any tapering towards the top makes it look a bit top heavy, so while I like the repetition/consistency, I think it may have looked more harmonious if each level had been just one or two bricks narrower. As always your pictures are outstanding, but it would have been fun to see some more angles and some activity in the build supporting the story.  Overall, an excellent entry.