Sign in to follow this  
Professor Thaum

[SR - Ch III - cat A] Study trip to the south.

Kingdom of the Lotus, year 575.

4ls9.jpg

The dedicated seeker impose silence within himself, allowing the direct sunlight of consciousness to rise and to illuminate his mind

with a full indestructible peace. Careful and focused, he embraces the infinite tranquillity which the ignorant people may roam without disorder...

angl.jpg

Master Su Shen Wu Xian : 你想得太多了!别想了!

... like a flight of bird in the stillness of the air.

86m4.jpg

Now I'm not alone anymore neither accompanied. Beyond  duality and encompassing the Whole, I fly with the horned puffins...

oy7u.jpg

No more worried to cast their reflects in the water than the water was to mirror their images...

k3r0.jpg

Master Su Shen Wu Xian : 你想得太多了!别想了!

59d9.jpg

Pr  Oktober Sippio : Your ikebana is quite nice mister Thaum, well done.

O. Thaum : Yours is a masterpiece professor, what a mastery, and I thought th...

H. Jackill : BANZAIIIIIII.... TCHAC !!!

jq1n.jpg

H. Jackill : RHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !

i0d3.jpg

Pr O. Sippio : You're a bonehead Jackill !!! You have to calm down your nerves ! We need another zen master now !

87aw.jpg

H. Jackill : This fool pretended to push me from the Path !

O. Thaum : Henry ! What have you done !!

H. Jackill : He had to understand he was like a flight of birds in the stillness of the air !

Pr O. Sippio : What a pity. I was counting on these exercises to help him reign himself in.

H. Jackill : We were stoked with the horned puffins reflecting ourselves everywhere like hell and he cames with his right swaggy stories !

C&C welcome, that's my first entry for the 3rd challenge of Era II.

Tribute to Gaudelette and thanks to @Bodi  for the chinese translation

LOL this is great haha, I was just checking out the post in peace when the plot twist made for a good surprise! The build is really good with the birds flying over the land.

Amazing build! I like the idea of two builds mirroring each other, though it took me a while to understand what you aimed to represent with this one.:grin:

Haha ! A zen Master not so zen... Always  fun to read your stories ! :iamded_lol:

I really like How you've done the Puffins ! Great way to render those birds !

Great job !

On 3/23/2020 at 3:12 AM, LM71Blackbird said:

I particularly like the sand pit.

I was wondering if someone would ever noticed it.

It was one of the particular feature I was not really satisfied with ( the cherry blossom tree and the bridge are the other)

On 3/22/2020 at 9:04 PM, Faladrin said:

I really like How you've done the Puffins ! Great way to render those birds !

Great job !

Thanks, I designed these puffins long ago but didn't find the right built to display them. This lotus trip was the one I waited.

fantastic job making those birds!

I have seen quite a nice evolution in your building skills since you arrived at this wonderfull forum. Keep continuing! :)

1 hour ago, Maxim I said:

fantastic job making those birds!

I have seen quite a nice evolution in your building skills since you arrived at this wonderfull forum. Keep continuing! :)

Wow, I'm quite flattered, thank you !

From someone as well talented, this is an honour.

21 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

extra puffins shot :

Lovely !

Thanks ! I'll do some for my daughter... She'd love them...

1 hour ago, Faladrin said:

Lovely !

Thanks ! I'll do some for my daughter... She'd love them...

You and me both...

What a coincidence ( the big puffin is my daughter's :classic: )

Overall very cool MOC, professor.

I think the idea is novel and uses a lot of interesting techniques. The snotted ground is well done, but does end up being VERY flat where you don't put something on to. Some efforts to break this up could be considered for future builds. On the other hand, your cliffwork and vegetation works out really well, and the gate and altar are highlights, as is minifig (and puffin) posing. Cool with flying birds and great design for them!

As to your overall presentation, I like the fact that you have taken the time to give us several shots with various poses to tell the story. Some of the pictures are a bit grainy (taken with a phone?) and others are a bit off canter. There is also some perspective issues, which typically happens when you take pictures up close. I'd suggest two things: 1) try to take the pictures a bit further away (maybe with more indirect light) and 2) use some program to adjust pictures (by rotating them a few degrees, for instance. GIMP can do a lot and is free. For a simpler solution, "Photos" can also do some of this, although not to the same precision.

Overall, though, story, build and presentation comes nicely together in a very clever idea. Well done.