Mandalorianknight

(MOC) MLC-3 Light Tank

I made this MOC of an old kenner toy a few years ago, with all these coronavirus lockdowns I finally had time to make a display and upload it!

It can technically fit a minifigure, but you have to take apart a few bricks. I also added the dreaded stud guns because I wanted it to fit in with the official sets I had on my shelves. 

I also made a P-tower turret and some troops to go along with it. 

IMG_5788.jpg

EDIT: Thanks to @BEAVeR, I actually have images on this post now instead of the singular low-quality one.

IMG_5789.jpg

Side View of the tank. 

IMG_5790.jpg

Back/top view, not much to see here. 

IMG_5791.jpg

Opened cockpit. It can barely fit a pilot (I made a custom one as opposed to the hoth troopers the kenner toy had), but I wanted to try to keep the dimensions with the bubble canopy I used. You do have to remove some parts to get him out, as shown.

IMG_5792.jpg

The P-tower was alot of fun to make, I think it's definately more accurate than what we got with assault on hoth. No six-stud shooter, though. As a side note, the troopers I created for the display use scarfs from the apocolypse wyldstyle minifigure from TLM2 I had left over after buying some of her to use the legs on the orange mandalorian from 75267.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Sweet creation, it definitely screams Kenner (and even a bit of Gerry Anderson!) to me. It seems a bit too wide for that cockpit bubble, but I really like that rim with the beveled edge that gives a nice clean shape. Also the presentation is quite effective with the shades of brown perfectly blending together. I like the jagged edge at the front, but it's a bit jarring that this isn't continue at the side, where you have a perfectly straight edge on the base. Still, it looks great and I have no doubt it fits in perfectly on your shelf!

I would love to see some more pictures, so let me help you with uploading pictures. First of all, you should know that for an image to be displayed here, the picture should be hosted somewhere. The post you make doesn't automatically contain the image data within itself like an image you paste in a Word document. Instead, it stores a link to an image and retrieves the image from that link when the page is loaded. So you should upload your picture somewhere. Right now, it seems like you uploaded your picture here on Eurobricks. You can do that, but Eurobricks is not a dedicated image hosting website as you have noticed, with those restrictions on file sizes and all. So best thing is to create an account on a dedicated image hosting site. you could try Flickr which has a thriving Lego community in its own right, Instagram which seems to be growing more popular with AFOLs these days or something like Bricksafe, which is just a place to store Lego images and nothing more. And there are of course more sites you could use, but if you want more dedicated advice, you should ask that in the general discussion forum and not here. Anyway, whichever platform you decide on, if you've uploaded a picture there you should get a link to the image somewhere and then you can just paste it in your post and it should turn into an image (if that doesn't work,try the "insert other media" button at the bottom of your post window and paste the link (the actual image URL, not the page URL displayed in your browser bar) there.

I hope this helps and that it enables you to start sharing more of your sweet creations!

1 hour ago, BEAVeR said:

Sweet creation, it definitely screams Kenner (and even a bit of Gerry Anderson!) to me. It seems a bit too wide for that cockpit bubble, but I really like that rim with the beveled edge that gives a nice clean shape. Also the presentation is quite effective with the shades of brown perfectly blending together. I like the jagged edge at the front, but it's a bit jarring that this isn't continue at the side, where you have a perfectly straight edge on the base. Still, it looks great and I have no doubt it fits in perfectly on your shelf!

I would love to see some more pictures, so let me help you with uploading pictures. First of all, you should know that for an image to be displayed here, the picture should be hosted somewhere. The post you make doesn't automatically contain the image data within itself like an image you paste in a Word document. Instead, it stores a link to an image and retrieves the image from that link when the page is loaded. So you should upload your picture somewhere. Right now, it seems like you uploaded your picture here on Eurobricks. You can do that, but Eurobricks is not a dedicated image hosting website as you have noticed, with those restrictions on file sizes and all. So best thing is to create an account on a dedicated image hosting site. you could try Flickr which has a thriving Lego community in its own right, Instagram which seems to be growing more popular with AFOLs these days or something like Bricksafe, which is just a place to store Lego images and nothing more. And there are of course more sites you could use, but if you want more dedicated advice, you should ask that in the general discussion forum and not here. Anyway, whichever platform you decide on, if you've uploaded a picture there you should get a link to the image somewhere and then you can just paste it in your post and it should turn into an image (if that doesn't work,try the "insert other media" button at the bottom of your post window and paste the link (the actual image URL, not the page URL displayed in your browser bar) there.

I hope this helps and that it enables you to start sharing more of your sweet creations!

Thanks! I'll have to look into that to try to get the rest of the images uploaded.