legoMoccer

[MOC] Abandoned Barn

I dont know if you lot are sick of me posting yet but incase you are not here is another project its a bit smaller and simpler than my other builds but i think i have fit a decent amount of detail in to it 

c8xhCZU.jpgFXXz5nw.jpgDxP7SoT.jpgN9pGENC.jpgjdlpqUp.jpgc5mY5Gz.jpgmjjogRV.jpgE1i4kvU.jpg3Eak15q.jpg

Just now, Merlict said:

Oh man that's great. 

What's the car? To me it looks like a RS200 or maybe a Lancia. 

thanks, its a rs200

I need to think of a way to make the car look old and rusted since it's been sat in this barn since the 80s

1 hour ago, legoMoccer said:

I need to think of a way to make the car look old and rusted since it's been sat in this barn since the 80s

If you want to leave it out in my house for a couple of weeks to acquire the appropriate level of dust, let me know. :)

Great details inside the barn. The mix of different colored tiles for the walls works well. Are those long-forgotten Frisbees on the roof? 

5 minutes ago, billybricks said:

If you want to leave it out in my house for a couple of weeks to acquire the appropriate level of dust, let me know. :)

Great details inside the barn. The mix of different colored tiles for the walls works well. Are those long-forgotten Frisbees on the roof? 

hahaha i shall keep that in mind

thanks, i enjoy doing wood work and stone work in my mocs for some reason 

and yes they are glad someone noticed them 

16 hours ago, legoMoccer said:

Well, Ford RS200 has plastic-fiberglass composite body, so in reality it cannot rust.

Realy nice
Like the barn itself with all those plants and those details. Looks realy like it's falling apart :wink: (positive way)
Inside is great too, all those equipment, spare parts and stuff. And ... cool car. 

1 hour ago, HereWeGoAgain said:

Forza horizon player, are ya? 

Hehe

Really nice barn!

Hahah I am indeed 100% where the idea came from 

Just now, neonic said:

Realy nice
Like the barn itself with all those plants and those details. Looks realy like it's falling apart :wink: (positive way)
Inside is great too, all those equipment, spare parts and stuff. And ... cool car. 

Thanks for the nice words 

On 3/21/2020 at 8:34 AM, zux said:

Well, Ford RS200 has plastic-fiberglass composite body, so in reality it cannot rust.

Heehee - cool. But I believe everything under the body can rust, right? So maybe on the floor there should be more brownish colors:head_back:

That is a very nice barn!!! So many lovely details inside ... and the exterior is perfectly weathered as well - the flowers ... beautiful.

Congratulations on such a lovely model!

All the best
Thorsten

P.S.: Wait: Does this work? @Eurobricks (Yesssss:excited:): This is very much frontpage worthy!:innocent2:

Edited by Toastie
Contacting EB headquaters - in case they missed this

On 3/20/2020 at 11:12 AM, legoMoccer said:

Just go outside and get dirt .... Dust the whole inside of the shed with dirt sifted through panty hose (model railroad trick for weathering)

20 hours ago, Toastie said:

Heehee - cool. But I believe everything under the body can rust, right? So maybe on the floor there should be more brownish colors:head_back:

That is a very nice barn!!! So many lovely details inside ... and the exterior is perfectly weathered as well - the flowers ... beautiful.

Congratulations on such a lovely model!

All the best
Thorsten

P.S.: Wait: Does this work? @Eurobricks (Yesssss:excited:): This is very much frontpage worthy!:innocent2:

thank you, i should of chose a slightly older car thinking about it to make it easier to rust, but yeah i think i should darken some of the inside parts as well

13 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Just go outside and get dirt .... Dust the whole inside of the shed with dirt sifted through panty hose (model railroad trick for weathering)

hmm that is a good idea, dont know why i didnt think of that 

37 minutes ago, legoMoccer said:

hmm that is a good idea, dont know why i didnt think of that 

Because someone will say you should clean your Lego lol

That looks great!! Love all the clutter around the outside and the ramshackle appearance of the barn.

Excellent work - thanks for sharing!