Sign in to follow this  
Wintermoog

[MOC] UCS Baby Yoda with instructions (mod of 75255)

Hi. First post here.

If you have the 75255 Yoda set, here is a Baby Yoda you can make from it.  The only (tiny) cheat is in the eyes as there was nothing in Yoda that would work, so I had to pull the pupils from 75230 Porg.  It's only 4 bricks so I hope you can forgive that, and they are standard bricks so finding alternatives should be easy if you don't have Porg..

Free instructions are at https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-37688/Wintermoog/baby-yoda

49676867098_f47526cd40_c.jpgBaby Yoda by Wintermoog, on Flickr

Thanks for looking.

brilliant i'm seriously considering buying scary yoda now to do this so the 4 parts extra required are the 2 black discs what are the other 2 pieces please

Edited by roadstermatt

OK, so I've just bit the bullet and ordered my Yoda so I can make this little cutie! I've just had a browse through the instructions. I have to say, its an exemplary build considering its rebuilt from pretty much just the Yoda set! 
I really am looking forward to building this little guy!

The build is very cute, or to quote Fuppylodders "Adorable"

I have not bought the Yoda set yet, but now I might be tempted to buy two.  One to build actual Yoda, and one for The Child.

Cheers

@Wintermoog

Baby Yoda has been built! Absolutely amazing build, the head was delicate to put together but eventually managed it. Trying to get the 2 yellow technic pins into the black beam was a pain in the butt! But he's done, and looks soooo cute! Well worth it, and a bucket load of pieces left over! 

DSC_5611

Left over pieces:

DSC_5606

I did come across one issue with it, which currently, have kind of semi sorted out for now but I think requires something else. 

The back assembly doesn't attach correctly in line with the rest of it. I checked the stack up of plates, correct as per instructions. But connecting it to the technic body frame/pins, just doesn't work. The top row of pins are lined up with the join in plates, or, if it is to sit flush on the ground, it is off by half a stud and won't sit central. 

Here you see the half stud offset which this back plate assembly is on which the others aren't :

DSC_5608

So you can see its central:

DSC_5610

The instructions call for all holes to be filled with technic pins, but in order to mount centrally and half a stud up, only these pins can remain:

DSC_5613

Should any of the upper and lower pins be installed, then this occurs, preventing it being installed :

sketch-1586731118589

Is there something I've gotten wrong? How does the back of yours look? Is the rear plate mounted off centre at all? 

Also, there are all the pieces left over to make the light saber so he can have his very own saber too! 

Regardless, absolutely appreciate the effort into this, and love the final model. 

Thank you :thumbup:

Edited by Fuppylodders

Hey Fuppylodders that's brilliant - thanks for building it!  Sorry if the instructions weren't clear or if I got them wrong.  If you shift your back panel DOWN by one stud - so that the bottom edge is then half a stud below the side panels then everything should line up.  The 4 blue technic pins at the back of the bottom white technic frame will connect with the 2nd and 4th holes in the centre of the 2x6 plates.  Hope that helps.

IMG_2831.jpg.5df1a25448823ea2fbce36c6cc9b9db7.jpg

And you are so right about the two yellow technic pegs connecting the head beam - was a nightmare for me too!  

IMG_2830.jpg

Edited by Wintermoog

On 4/16/2020 at 12:24 PM, Wintermoog said:

Hey Fuppylodders that's brilliant - thanks for building it!  Sorry if the instructions weren't clear or if I got them wrong.  If you shift your back panel DOWN by one stud - so that the bottom edge is then half a stud below the side panels then everything should line up.  The 4 blue technic pins at the back of the bottom white technic frame will connect with the 2nd and 4th holes in the centre of the 2x6 plates.  Hope that helps.

IMG_2831.jpg.5df1a25448823ea2fbce36c6cc9b9db7.jpg

And you are so right about the two yellow technic pegs connecting the head beam - was a nightmare for me too!  

IMG_2830.jpg

Ahhhh! Excellent! I did try that at one point, but then just assumed it was meant to be flush all the way round. The instructions for the most part were spot on, this was the only issue I came up with. Absolutely excellent job on it, and much appreciated for the correction too :) 

Im not entirely sure if I somehow misplaced a sand green 2x6 plate (doubtful, but not entirely impossible), I got to the top of the head, and had ran out of the 2x6 green plates when it called for one last one. It was no issue, as I had plenty other sand green plates to use instead (two 2x2s and two 1x2s did it). Just in case someone else comes across this, or if you don't, then I misplaced one! 

What's worse about the two yellow technic pins, I had to remove the head after realising I'd forgotten to put the lower chin piece on! :facepalm:

Such an awesome build, interesting techniques, and very VERY cute! I highly recommend anyone else thinking about it, just doing it!