The EV3 guide book I have shows the blocks linking together horizontally whereas the new apps for education & Home that works on Mac OS Catalina, the blocks link vertically.

This may be why I cannot get the program for the GBC robot arm by @sawyer klegr to upload.

Does anyone know of a way a way to upload it for thenew 64 bit app.

Edited by Doug72

I am not aware of any app where the blocks link vertically. What is the name of the app you are using?

1 hour ago, Amicus1 said:

I am not aware of any app where the blocks link vertically. What is the name of the app you are using?

See this post

Heres a couple of screen shots from my computer showing MindStorms app in desktop dock bar and the programming page showing vertical stacking of programe blocks.

Note blocks shown are just random to show how the steps are joined vertically.
Block selection left hand column 

49678979241_1d61fe7b25_o.png

49678975871_bac26fb57d_c.jpg

Edited by Doug72

This is not LabView as used in the PC-Version.

Seems to be LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Education EV3 Classroom.

More hinte on the Mindstorms education page.

1 hour ago, Lok24 said:

This is not LabView as used in the PC-Version.

Seems to be LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Education EV3 Classroom.

More hinte on the Mindstorms education page.

NO its for MAC OS CATALINA as Apple no longer suport 32 Bit apps. and now in 64Bit for Education & a Home versions and links provided by @Coder Shah

Hi,

yes, thats what I tried to express.

heres' a google translation from the LEGO website:

The current version of the "EV3 Lab" software is not compatible with the upcoming Apple operating system version for Mac computers called "Catalina". We have therefore decided to replace the current "EV3 Lab" software and the EV3 programming app with a completely new app: LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Education EV3 Classroom. EV3 Classroom uses a programming language based on scratch. The app will be released for macOS in November 2019 and for iOS, Windows 10, Android and Chrome in spring 2020. EV3 Classroom will offer the same user experience with all functions on all devices. EV3 Classroom will initially be published in English. The remaining 15 languages in which EV3 is available will follow in spring 2020.

Thanks, I have downloaded that app. but cannot find any instructions on how to build a program.

With LabView you could Press F1 on a Windows machine to get help, perhaps there is something similar?

Thanks, found that a short while ago, plus this video which seems to be no. 8 of a series on the new programming system.

Will now try and build a program for the @sawyer klegr Robot arm and use it for a train GBC module. 
Give me something to do during current crisis as new restriction just announced by the UK Government. All pubs, bars, cafe's etc. to close from tonight. 

Edited by Doug72

On 3/21/2020 at 7:21 AM, Doug72 said:

Thanks, found that a short while ago plus this video which seems to be no. 8 of a series on the new programming system.

Will now try and build a program for the @sawyer klegr Robot arm and use it for a train GBC module. 
Give me something to do during current crisis as new restriction just announced by the UK Government. All pubs, bars, cafe's etc. to close from tonight. 

Wow, looks like you will have a lot of time to learn how to program the EV3, I bet your program will be a lot better than mine ?

11 hours ago, sawyer klegr said:

Wow, looks like you will have a lot of time to learn how to program the EV3, I bet your program will be a lot better than mine ?

Yes we had to cancel Mothers Day and just found out our eldest granson (who works in London) has had the virus, was hospilised but has now recovered and is in isolation for a further week.

Currently rebuilding my "simplified" version of the Akiyuki GBC Train crane module. I will use it to find out how to programe it  !!!!

My son brought for me in Xmas 2018 and has sat on top of wardrobe since !!!

On 3/23/2020 at 3:29 AM, Doug72 said:

Yes we had to cancel Mothers Day and just found out our eldest granson (who works in London) has had the virus, was hospilised but has now recovered and is in isolation for a further week.

Currently rebuilding my "simplified" version of the Akiyuki GBC Train crane module. I will use it to find out how to programe it  !!!!

My son brought for me in Xmas 2018 and has sat on top of wardrobe since !!!

Wow, sorry to hear that he had it, so glad he is better now! I have also not used my EV3 much yet because it is so different from power functions which I am used to, even though they look so similar. I do have one idea for what to build with it next though. Sometimes I feel like I am being "lazy" when I use it because it is possible to get the same motion mechanically.

1 hour ago, sawyer klegr said:

Wow, sorry to hear that he had it, so glad he is better now! I have also not used my EV3 much yet because it is so different from power functions which I am used to, even though they look so similar. I do have one idea for what to build with it next though. Sometimes I feel like I am being "lazy" when I use it because it is possible to get the same motion mechanically.

Agree I prefer mechanical solutions but could not get swing loader to sync. Well usd to using PF. 
Thats why I havn't brought the Excavator with its Control +
My son gave me the EV3 Xmas 2018 and has sat on top of wardrobe since unused, with lockdown and time  I thought I would see how to use it.

Edited by Doug72

13 hours ago, Doug72 said:

Agree I prefer mechanical solutions

with the programmable systems like Powered up including Spike and Ev 3 with their tacho motors you can reduce gears or even don't need any gear box.

in most of my models  the modell is connected directly to the motor axle., no gears in between

Which makes it very much easier to build and test the models.

Just try it! Have fun!

8 hours ago, Lok24 said:

with the programmable systems like Powered up including Spike and Ev 3 with their tacho motors you can reduce gears or even don't need any gear box.

in most of my models  the modell is connected directly to the motor axle., no gears in between

Just try it! Have fun!

Agree direct drive is easy and simple but the whole concept of the GBC Train System is to use the train unit to power each module as it travels around the layout.

Its a challenge to get modules to syncronise all the movements required but my two current GBC modules I have built are proving to be very difficult to achieve that and yes EV3 would be the answer..

Edited by Doug72

8 hours ago, Lok24 said:

Just try it! Have fun!

Yes, I don't mind doing that, quite often I run PF motors on low speeds so that I can save on gears.