Bob

Pirates Mafia II - Day One

4 minutes ago, Reginald Aston said:

image.thumb.png.c8b3cd5cb6e559738f1e7f551fdade87.png

You quoted Paul, but addressed me. I simply replied to your attack. Why do you think my response was a mistake? You called me out as being defensive. I will certainly defend my innocence, but being called defensive has a negative connotation. I haven't tried to defend my answer to you since it seemed to be another straw-man argument you are so found of. If anything pinges me as scummy, your straw-man arguments are at the top of the list.

You are till sneaking around in my opinion. I think you are not addressing the issue that you were just quickly throwing in a fast circular logical answer without any meaning while you not realizing the query was not mine but Pauls. You were saying 'your query'.

I think you were so eager to sound neutral and innocent that you even skipped that.

9 minutes ago, Warren Pratt said:

I certainly found this a curious turn of events.  What I'd normally just put down as a polite acknowledgment that I exist, I now examined with different eyes.  Was this a backhanded way to throw my name out as a fish hook of sorts to see what he could drag up as a defense, or perhaps a warning not to comment lest I be found to be a "nit-picking scummy"?  Hard to say for certain, but it did not allay me fears about him.

((My vote on him stands))

You say it is a fish hook. I say I had no suspicion against you, because your reasoning was not out of context. Yes, I think Paul is nitpicky and at the moment I think he is an observing scum.

But since you are here you may reply to my answer for you vote:

On 3/19/2020 at 11:55 PM, Robert Walsh said:

I was not going along with the majority in my opinion, just the opposite:

I was already trying to imply that Morgan was too eagerly jumping on the opportunity to call out an obvious joke vote as scummy a bit too seriously. This is the bases of my hunch and nothing more, yes.

Also I was the first to actually point this out by a vote myself. There is no majority here, only a couple of other fellow soldiers pointing out the same but not going for it yet. Maybe they're waiting for a response from Morgan, which I'm doing as well by the way.

Because you did not address anything to it, you just asked an openended question now. Also you were quite inactive too. Don't you think your argument could not be used just as validly against you? 

2 hours ago, William Mitchell said:

Hi, I was down in the hold of the Carribean Clipper, counting the rum ration (hic). You were all making so much commotion, that I had a hard time counting. I can report that the current supply are 15 barrels of rum.

*bash* *bash* *bash* 

15 eh? Will that be enough for the rest of the journey? I hope so. But I also agree with Mitchell. Surely you must have much more to say.

*bash* *bash* *bash*

Morgan says he knew it was a joke but it was still scummy of me to throw a name out. Am I supposed to have expected people to vote for Arthur because his face is squashy? Morgan is still casting suspicion without voting. 

Liam has an inappropriate relationship with the flag. I wouldn't reccommend anybody else touching it. Liam doesn't have much to say yet he repeats it like a guy in a mental institution. And he does go back and forth about it. Not flip-flop, back and forth.

I disagree with Warren that the people who talk more are likely scum. Looking at the history books in our library the scum seem to try to say less. I'm not saying it applies in every game to every player but we shouldn't follow Warren's grandpa's advice here.

I also disagree that a day one lynch benefits the scum. The other thing we can see in the history books is that voting patterns can catch scum even when they are votes from day one. Not voting benefits the scum because they have an excuse not to leave a trail of evidence. I am for a day one lynch because that is how the game is played. I believe there's enough activity today for people to make an informed decision about a lynch. Anybody not contributing to the overall discussion is either scum or lazy. Or they're busy. I'm quarantined in my quarters because of the smallpox outbreak so I've got plenty of time to join the discussion.

1 hour ago, Ansel Michel said:

I voted for Liam earlier, and seeing we might not reach a majority vote in eight hours, I'm completely fine with standing by my vote and keeping it where it is, as he's acting odd.

Holding a vote on conviction is what the scum did in the history book Star Trek Mafia 2. I am not afraid of a day one lynch though and I won't keep my vote on Ansel even though he blips me the most.

Unvote: Ansel Michel

Vote: Reginald Aston

Reginald was trying to get us not to vote and not look at voting patterns claiming they are only random. The scum team is probably not placing random votes and encouraging us not to vote only gives the scum a hiding place. His need to be assertive rather than defensive also blips me. 

I’m starting to think Liam May have some kind of mental issue ... not sure if his relationship with the flag warrants our sending him to the gallows. But then again ... is it worth our time to keep him around!? 

Liam and Reginald have interesting thoughts on the pertinence of lynching day one; by interesting I actually mean questionable. 

I’m going to follow through and vote : Liam Webb 

1 hour ago, Ansel Michel said:

I voted for Liam earlier, and seeing we might not reach a majority vote in eight hours, I'm completely fine with standing by my vote and keeping it where it is, as he's acting odd.

This is a bit of obfuscation. Exactly the ones who vote for someone with single votes should swap if they want a lynch. Just as Arthur did. I mean if you're into a first day lynching at least. I totally okay if you're not, but might be more correct to say that instead.

I'm not sure where to put this, I think you are trying to stay in middle ground, trying to show action while practically being passive. That warns me about Ethan's concerns about you to be honest.

18 minutes ago, Ethan Dunn said:

I'm quarantined in my quarters because of the smallpox outbreak so I've got plenty of time to join the discussion.

I thought it was syphillis?  I've been trying to get the officers to keep their hands off their Privates.

20 minutes ago, Ethan Dunn said:

I also disagree that a day one lynch benefits the scum. The other thing we can see in the history books is that voting patterns can catch scum even when they are votes from day one. Not voting benefits the scum because they have an excuse not to leave a trail of evidence. I am for a day one lynch because that is how the game is played. I believe there's enough activity today for people to make an informed decision about a lynch.

Agreed.

24 minutes ago, Ethan Dunn said:

blips me. 

Sorry, it's pinges now.  :pir_tong2:

21 minutes ago, Ethan Dunn said:

I've already expressed suspicion of Reginald.  I can get behind this.

invite: Robert Walsh

*unvote

2 hours ago, Arthur Hargrave said:

Oh f*ck as if we didn't already have enough to worry about in that regard. 

Too dark? Sorry.

Hey, I'm the one who brought up contagions, so your response certainly wasn't too dark IMHO.

38 minutes ago, Louis Townsend said:

I’m starting to think Liam May have some kind of mental issue ... not sure if his relationship with the flag warrants our sending him to the gallows. But then again ... is it worth our time to keep him around!? 

Liam and Reginald have interesting thoughts on the pertinence of lynching day one; by interesting I actually mean questionable. 

I’m going to follow through and vote : Liam Webb 

Why? Why vote Liam - if my counts are correct that was only #2 on him, while Reginald (your other suspect here) had 4 at this point. If you actually wanted to get a lynch today, why did you vote for Liam? 

And along those lines, I too believe a day 1 lynch is a good thing. I have suspicions on several (Liam's flag talk, some people who talk much and say little, some people who talk little and say little) but in the interest of getting a lynch, and because I believe his anti-lynch position to be anti-town, I will

Vote Count: 
Morgan Marchand - 2 (Zachary Mercier, Kendall Odell)
Robert Walsh - 2 (Warren Pratt, Reginald Aston)
Liam Webb - 1 (Ansel Michel, Louis Townsend)
Kendall Odell - 1 (Reginald Aston)
Reginald Aston - 6 (Robert Walsh, Mitchell Lahore, Arthur Hargrave, Ethan Dunn, Paul LaPointe, Morgan Marchand)

Less than 4 hours remain. A majority of 9 is required.

1 hour ago, Louis Townsend said:

not sure if his relationship with the flag warrants our sending him to the gallows. But then again ... is it worth our time to keep him around!? 

This PINGES me. Scum would think of other players as ones they want to keep around not townies.

I'd be interested in Zacarhy's and Kendall's view on Morgan. We were voting him only for his first post and for the questionable absence.

Do you think his reasons were not good enough, his absence is just the part of removing heat or you are just trying not to give a clear statement on lynching this day? Lastly you may think Reginald is not scummy.

So which is it I must humbly ask.

Just now, Ethan Dunn said:

This PINGES me. Scum would think of other players as ones they want to keep around not townies.

True. Unless Louis meant a policy lynch. But he should explain this to you.

Just now, Ethan Dunn said:

What's a policy lynch?

Town lynches a fellow townie whose bad play just hurts further town causes. I think this is what Louis were implying. However I do not want to give words into his mouth, he should clarify this, because imho policy lynch is at the minimum debatably scummy.

4 hours ago, Reginald Aston said:

Really? A random vote from Ethan is okay but a random vote from me is not? Everyone who has said voting on day one is not wise has been ripped to shreds. I agree that voting on day one can be foolishness, but I also see the reasoning behind those who think voting is essential. I'm voicing my opinion on the matter, but still dropping a vote. 

This is not what you've said before. Reginald, let's be honest: you are very inconsistent.

On 3/20/2020 at 4:53 PM, Reginald Aston said:

I am willing to vote on day one, I just hope that in future days we can look back on my comments and realize that my vote is completely random.

Vote: Kendall Odell - because all that clashing is hurting my ears!

You are keep saying that vote can be foolishness but see the reasoning for taking a vote. Now which one is it? And why? You are saying nothing. Voting is not just for the vote itself, it is to show your remarks and demand clarifications.

Ethan's first random vote was a joke, according to him at least, which you either believe or not. You had two votes at this point. A random one, and the one you are still taking on me, which is only not random because it was an offended respone for my vote against you. That's your whole contribution to Day One.

You started to plant the idea that voting is not helping town and now I think all of your answers are just weak efforts to talk you out of this nonsense in the very same manner which has started it all.

33 minutes ago, Robert Walsh said:

I'd be interested in Zacarhy's and Kendall's view on Morgan. We were voting him only for his first post and for the questionable absence.

Do you think his reasons were not good enough, his absence is just the part of removing heat or you are just trying not to give a clear statement on lynching this day? Lastly you may think Reginald is not scummy.

And if that is the reason to vote for someone (questionable absence and a questionable first post) then Zach oughta be hanged. His one and only post was to pop in and vote for me. 

Just now, Morgan Marchand said:

(questionable absence and a questionable first post)

For their defense, this was the very reason you got the first vote: From me.

At that time that was the best lead (in my opinion) we got. But so much has been said since I find it very suspicious to hold onto that and being silent about it.

Just now, Robert Walsh said:

You started to plant the idea that voting is not helping town and now I think all of your answers are just weak efforts to talk you out of this nonsense in the very same manner which has started it all.

I confess, my biggest mistake was saying too many words. Something my wife will tell you I am guilt of often :blush:

I could say more, but my words will only be twisted against me. Again.

Spoiler

Now watch, I predict I will be called scummy for not defending myself more.

Just now, Reginald Aston said:

I confess, my biggest mistake was saying too many words. Something my wife will tell you I am guilt of often :blush:

I could say more, but my words will only be twisted against me. Again.

Hide contents

Now watch, I predict I will be called scummy for not defending myself more.

Saying too many words. Not more like being incosistent and non-factual as hell?

Also give me a break. Your words are not twisted. You are not answering directly to questions. Give us examples of foolish votes and reasonable votes taken here. Tell us why are they also random.

Lastly you are quoting a prediction from yourself which you were playing into quite swiftly.

What do you mean under defending yourself more? Answering questions maybe? Then you shall start doing it.

42 minutes ago, Robert Walsh said:

For their defense, this was the very reason you got the first vote: From me.

At that time that was the best lead (in my opinion) we got. But so much has been said since I find it very suspicious to hold onto that and being silent about it.

Agree.

But also, I allow for things occurring that prevent a soldier from returning to his post for a time. Hence, I have not (yet) voted against our very quiet mates - William, Zachary, and Louis lead that pack, but Benjamin, Mitchell, Elijah, and Warren are not very active either. 

2 hours ago, Morgan Marchand said:

Why? Why vote Liam - if my counts are correct that was only #2 on him, while Reginald (your other suspect here) had 4 at this point. If you actually wanted to get a lynch today, why did you vote for Liam? 

I didn’t think we would manage a lynch so I voted as I saw fit. 

1 hour ago, Ethan Dunn said:

He annoys me to no end with his empty comments, his flag-talk and his general unusefulness (Is that evening a word?) will only hurt us in the long run. If he is town, which I doubt, then he’s being super unhelpful.

1 hour ago, Robert Walsh said:

So which is it I must humbly ask.

True. Unless Louis meant a policy lynch. But he should explain this to you.

*bash* *bash* *bash*

Now that Morgan has come forward and explained himself it might be better to look elsewhere. As I’ve said before. I think a lynch is important for Day One (or just in general). I don’t like William and Zachary’s pop in popular out attitude but I don’t see any point in trying to get them to talk. Truthfully I didn’t like Reginald’s vote on me as I’ve explained before. In the interest of a lynch I will: 

Unvote: Morgan Marchand

*bash* *bash* *bash*

Just now, Louis Townsend said:

I didn’t think we would manage a lynch so I voted as I saw fit. 

He annoys me to no end with his empty comments, his flag-talk and his general unusefulness (Is that evening a word?) will only hurt us in the long run. If he is town, which I doubt, then he’s being super unhelpful.

Point noted, I think this would be a kind of policy lynch indeed. Also it is not going to happen as for now. We seem to manage a lynch but not with Liam. What's your opinion on that?

His initial random vote pinged me and I agree that he has not been answering questions directly, including why he thought that initial vote of his was "out of necessity".

1 hour ago, Robert Walsh said:

Point noted, I think this would be a kind of policy lynch indeed. Also it is not going to happen as for now. We seem to manage a lynch but not with Liam. What's your opinion on that?

Reginald and Liam has similar points regarding not voting/not lynching.  I think I’m cutting this close time-wise so I’ll 

unvote: Liam Webb

vote: Reginald Aston

to seal the deal.