Bob

Pirates Mafia II - Day One

pirates_2_banner.png

Players Only Please in your anonymous accounts!

---

Day One: Avast!

img_3054.jpg

It was the dawn of a new day at Fort Eldorado in the LEGO Caribbean. 

"We're ready to raise the flag, Governor." Captain Hendry said.

img_3056.jpg

"Band at the ready!" the conductor shouted.

The Fortress Band began to play the Imperial Soldiers' National Anthem, whatever that might be.

img_3057.jpg

The rest of the fort stood at attention as the flag of the Imperial Soldiers was raised.

img_3059.jpg

Captain Redbeard looked unusually pleased today, however, as he sat through another morning anthem. He had been in prisoned for months now.

img_3060.jpg

A short while later, the garrison gathered in the main courtyard to hear the Governor's speech.

"I'm afraid I have grim news today. There are traitors in our midst!"

"Oh no!" someone shouted

"Won't someone think of the children?" another asked.

"Indeed." the governor continued. "It seems Captain Redbeard has encouraged some of you to betray your country in return for serving aboard his new crew!"

"He's literally right there. Why haven't we executed him yet?" 

"He has very good lawyers." Governor Broadside said. "Instead, we're going to take a page from his book and play mafia to try and root out the scum! Every day, pick someone to send to the firing squad." 

The assembled group looked a bit distressed. Mafia backfired on Redbeard. Would it do the same to them?

---

There is 72 hours left in the day. With 16 players, a majority of 9 is required to send someone to the firing squad.

Players (16):
GuyRnny.jpg
Governor Broadside - Governor of the Fort, NPC
9K5OmUP.jpg
Lieutenant Patrick "Paddy" Triggs - Former pirate, NPC
s5AMkyD.jpg
Elijah Hendry -  Captain of the Caribbean Clipper
D5arcgE.jpg
Paul Lapointe - Lieutenant, First Mate
MeJQ3ye.jpg
Ansel Michel - Lieutenant
S4MrFYA.jpg
Benjamin Samuels - Lieutenant
nBcgyhh.jpg
William Mitchell - Seaman
y2iLXYe.jpg
Mitchell Lahore - Seaman
C2OSstY.jpg
Arthur Hargrave - Sergeant of the Garrison
kBmraOu.jpg
Warren Pratt - Soldier
tvzU5yF.jpg
Louis Townsend - Soldier
lQcl8xo.jpg
Morgan Marchand - Soldier
iSvJ4o7.jpg
Reginald Aston - Soldier
HPVJ7ar.jpg
Zachary Mercier - Soldier
s1c0Wdf.jpg
Ethan Dunn - Soldier
yCE0YLZ.jpg
Robert Walsh - Trumpeter
81kLZ5X.jpg
Kendall Odell - Drummer
W4Q0keT.jpg
Liam Webb - Flag Bearer

Rules (VERY IMPORTANT):
1) Every player has received their own character account. Make sure you do not post in thread with your normal Eurobricks account. This game is anonymous, you are not to disclose your character anywhere on the forums. In thread, you must not say who you actually are. 
2) In addition, it is a bit of an honor rule that you do not share who you are to any other player, even if they are on your team, in private.
3) You are either a Loyal Soldier or a Pirate Traitor. The town need to eliminate the scum and the scum need to outnumber the town. In the hopefully unlikely event of a parity, the scum will win. Any third party characters have their own win conditions.
4) There are no recruits or any action similar in this game.
5) A game day will last 72 hours. You may vote as soon as the day starts. Note, even if a majority vote is achieved, the day will not end early. Nights will last at most 48 hours, during which you can send in your night actions. Do not talk about the game outside of the threads.
6) The alignment of players who have been lynched, as well as those who may have died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day. The person playing the character that died will not be revealed until the end of the game.
7) You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes the details of your character and role, as well as any night actions results. Role claims and reporting of results are acceptable, but in your own words only.
8) If you die, you mayn ot post in thread or discuss the game with any players. Any information you had is null and void and is not allowed to be passed on under any circumstances. When you die, you are not to reveal your identity or participation if you decided to sign up anonymously.
9) Don't edit your posts, please!
10) Please post in every day thread. If something comes up, please come to me privately and let me know.
11) There's no clues in pictures or the minifigures
12) I encourage roleplay with your characters! I have given some flavor text, but feel free to make them your own! 

Please ensure you are posting in the anonymous accounts that I have sent to you! Do not post in your Eurobricks account!

18 minutes ago, Bob said:

The assembled group looked a bit distressed. Mafia backfired on Redbeard. Would it do the same to them?

Yeah this I mean like a what a f*cking idiot.

I myself find these news truly distressing, lads. Traitors inside friendly walls! They must be after my shiny trumpet too, but by His Majesty's name, I'll be damned if I let any treacherous scum take it from me!

Just now, Ethan Dunn said:

Vote: Arthur Hargrave because his face is all squashy. Clearly Scum.

You don't really mean our good Sarge would betray our garrison and the Crown, do you? Too many indistinguishable faces in the ranks of privates however I must say.

3 hours ago, Ethan Dunn said:

Vote: Arthur Hargrave because his face is all squashy. Clearly Scum.

This feels scummy to me - voting so quickly to kill a (potential) fellow soldier. I'd vote for you, but that would be epicly hypocritical at this point. But I'm definitely ranking you high in my suspicion-o-meter. 

7 minutes ago, Benjamin Samuels said:

You'll never get promoted if you keep trimming it.  

I'm keeping it neat! I would never get rid of such a glorious thing on my face.

I, Warren Pratt, soldier of the Imperial Army, stand at attention at my appointed sentry point, musket at my shoulder just as I had learned in drill over two years of exemplary service.  “Pirates, in the Fort?!  By gawd’s good graces, we’ll run those no-goodnicks off in no time, I’m sure” I pronounce silently to myself; because as a rank and file private I am not allowed to speak on duty.  I do a lot of inner monologuing instead to help pass the time.  All the same I’m pleased with the notion of executing (by firing squad no less) some pirates in the coming days, as the world could do with a few less men of ill repute.

And yes, monologuing is my most certainly a word, though I am not sure I spelt it properly.  Unfortunately I do not have an inner dictionary to refer to.

29 minutes ago, Liam Webb said:

Oh boy its morning! Its my favorite time of day because I get to hoist the colors! Who else loves our flag?

yay. woo. 

31 minutes ago, Morgan Marchand said:

This feels scummy to me - voting so quickly to kill a (potential) fellow soldier. I'd vote for you, but that would be epicly hypocritical at this point. But I'm definitely ranking you high in my suspicion-o-meter. 

This is highly unwarented IMO.

46 minutes ago, Liam Webb said:

Oh boy its morning! Its my favorite time of day because I get to hoist the colors! Who else loves our flag?

As the proudest soldier in her Majesty's navy I can boldly say there is no flag I love more! :pir-wub: 

44 minutes ago, Morgan Marchand said:

8 minutes ago, Arthur Hargrave said:

This is highly unwarented IMO.

I agree with squashy-face. Morgan do you think I'm placing a serious vote? Do you think that I believe squashy faces are Scummy? Voting immediately may be Scummy but you skipped over the reasoning which I would hope would be obvious was a joke.

Morgan's reaction most definitely seems over the top, but squishy face does have red facial hair!  Clearly he must be related to Redbeard!  Or maybe it's a good/evil sibling type thing like Wu and Garmadon, Cain and Abel, or Luke and Jar Jar Binks.

Not to be nitpicky sir lads, but shouldn't scum buccaneer supporters to be hanged? That'd be quite the show and no usage of ammunition. Yes, I'm definitely passing on my idea to the good ol' Cap'n when I be leaving me post.

Anyway, do we agree that Ethan's impudent remarks towards a commanding officer was just mere joke? Clearly caused sunstroke from previous guarding duties, too flippant and obvious for an opportunistic tratior. Clearly a good basis to give him a bad name if someone would take the opportunity on the other hand.

Vote early and vote often is the advice I’ve heard a lot. And I think Ethan was doing just that. Let’s be honest here Day One votes are usually based on weak reasoning. Anyway in the meantime shall I play some drums? *bash* *bash* *bash*

7 minutes ago, Kendall Odell said:

Vote early and vote often is the advice I’ve heard a lot. And I think Ethan was doing just that. Let’s be honest here Day One votes are usually based on weak reasoning. Anyway in the meantime shall I play some drums? *bash* *bash* *bash*

Let me join you me ol' pal Kendall with a trumpety trump! * Too-too-too-too-toooooom...TOOM! *

As for some serious business: Aye, I would be against day 1 lynching but voting is a fine loyalist tool to utilize, so I'm eager to see your choice with any reasoning you can append as well.

8 hours ago, Morgan Marchand said:

This feels scummy to me /.../ but I'm definitely ranking you high in my suspicion-o-meter. 

As for me I don't like pseudovotes and explicit warnings about monitoring a fellow soldier as it is too obvious to point out. Something more likely a scum would do than actually voting. This is my reasoning at the moment. 

Vote: Morgan Marchand

Voting? I thought this was a monarchy?

Robert Walsh brings up a good point about the pseudovotes and warning other players for voting. But to be fair, Reginald called out Ethan first and did not cast a vote like Morgan did, and Ethan was the first to cast his vote. And our drummer speaks a lot of sense, Day 1 is a nonsense day with weak reasoning.

But does Day 1 have good seasoning?

24 minutes ago, Ansel Michel said:

Voting? I thought this was a monarchy?

Robert Walsh brings up a good point about the pseudovotes and warning other players for voting. But to be fair, Reginald called out Ethan first and did not cast a vote like Morgan did, and Ethan was the first to cast his vote. And our drummer speaks a lot of sense, Day 1 is a nonsense day with weak reasoning.

But does Day 1 have good seasoning?

For the Imperial record, I did call into question Ethan's hasty move to vote. But I did so for the well being of the men living within our fort. There are traitors in our midst! We must be 100% vigilant and find these traitors to the Crown as swiftly as possible! Our brave Lieutenant speaks truth when he says that Day 1 only brings about weak reasoning. That is why I cast no vote to begin with. I merely found Ethan's comments worthy of note and commented as such. 

I am a lowly foot-soldier in her Majesty's army. But as our Governor has seen fit to give each and every one of us a vote I shall use my privilege with gusto! If a traitor seems to be presenting himself I shall attack him with my vote, not mere words.

Vote Count:
Arthur Hargrave - 1 (Ethan Dunn)
Morgan Marchand - 1 (Robert Walsh)

With 16 players, a majority of 9 is required. About 55 hours or so remain in Day One.

17 hours ago, Ethan Dunn said:

Vote: Arthur Hargrave 

5 hours ago, Robert Walsh said:

Vote: Morgan Marchand