Sign in to follow this  
adde51

Journey across the bridge

Although mostly known as a sandpit (glad to be a part of it, haha!), some parts of Kaliphlin actually does contain water and some rather lush vegetation. The Arkbri river has quite a few smaller rivers and creeks running from it that are essential in supplying the otherwise barren landscape with water. Goats are well equipped in dealing with the harsh climate and although not too common (mainly because of the insane prices of goats in all of historica...), there are quite a few goat herders that call Kaliphlin their home. Some of them live a nomadic life, covering large distances while maintaining the well-being of their livestock. One of them is Mae'Iz, a somewhat grumpy man that prefers the company of goats over men any day of the week. He was particularly grumpy on this day as he had heard rumours about the current rise in population along some parts of the Arkbri river...Buildings had began to sprung up and a small community had even began to take shape as trade had increased in the region. 

49558488666_6a94815603_c.jpg

So this is a little scene that I made to illustrate a bit of the surroundings north of Mophet, where the expansion is beginning to take shape...

The bridge is made from a bunch of 4L bars with 1x1 plate with clips on each side. The whole thing is slightly bent to match the curve of the fence-pieces. Hope you like it :classic:

This must have been a very tedious stacking process, but it certainly yielded a beautiful result. The bridge has a very graceful form, and I love your vegetation along the riverbanks!

Bravo on the bridge.  Its great and has a ton of detail.  The vegetation on the edge of the water is great.  I really like the small trees with the plant pieces, very nice.  The variety of plants is nice to see.  Your comment about the goat is great for not only Historica but the entire lego community itself, made me laugh.  

Splendid bridge, sire. 

The architects in Mophet must have been inspired! It takes a lot of patience to put this many clips together PLUS the bars. Beautiful vegetation spreading and hanging from the bridge. Excellent work all around. Photography is very good too! The fading effect on the edges works great here.  

The only thing is that the base is a bit bent over. Have you considered adding a base or frame?

Cheers, mate. 

You have some really beautiful outdoor builds.  This is no exception.  The sophisticated and detailed nature of the bridge is really impressive.  Is it pretty solid or delicate?  I'm curious how you're supporting it (if at all).  The edge of the water looks very organic and does a lot to keep the viewer's eye focused on the bridge, rather than detract with some blocky edge.  The new 3 leaf pieces for the trees are great, and the story of the goats is hilarious!  Really outstanding work.  Great job!

What a gorgeous scenery! The bridge is really beautiful, and I love the vegetation. And the goats. I agree with you, goats are way too expensive in Historica!

On 3/18/2020 at 9:50 PM, elementary said:

Lovely 

Thanks!

On 3/18/2020 at 10:33 PM, The Stad said:

This must have been a very tedious stacking process, but it certainly yielded a beautiful result. The bridge has a very graceful form, and I love your vegetation along the riverbanks!

Haha, it took a bit of patience...:head_back: . Glad you liked it, thanks!

On 3/19/2020 at 12:58 AM, Eoin Wallace said:

The description is very well written, the colours are great and that bridge is amazing! :wub:

Thank you very much!

On 3/19/2020 at 4:21 AM, zoth33 said:

Bravo on the bridge.  Its great and has a ton of detail.  The vegetation on the edge of the water is great.  I really like the small trees with the plant pieces, very nice.  The variety of plants is nice to see.  Your comment about the goat is great for not only Historica but the entire lego community itself, made me laugh.  

Thanks! Glad you liked all the details. Haha, I had to write something about the goats :laugh:

On 3/19/2020 at 10:59 AM, Basiliscus said:

Really great technique for the bridge. Lovely scene.

Thanks a lot, appreciate it!

On 3/19/2020 at 9:34 PM, Louis of Nutwood said:

Splendid bridge, sire. 

The architects in Mophet must have been inspired! It takes a lot of patience to put this many clips together PLUS the bars. Beautiful vegetation spreading and hanging from the bridge. Excellent work all around. Photography is very good too! The fading effect on the edges works great here.  

The only thing is that the base is a bit bent over. Have you considered adding a base or frame?

Cheers, mate. 

Thank you, the architects are feeling a bit inspired, haha! Yeah, the banana-effect when building this type of water is brutal...I thought about adding a base to level it, but felt it made it a bit too clunky compared to the rest of the build. But I definately see your point. 

19 hours ago, Grover said:

You have some really beautiful outdoor builds.  This is no exception.  The sophisticated and detailed nature of the bridge is really impressive.  Is it pretty solid or delicate?  I'm curious how you're supporting it (if at all).  The edge of the water looks very organic and does a lot to keep the viewer's eye focused on the bridge, rather than detract with some blocky edge.  The new 3 leaf pieces for the trees are great, and the story of the goats is hilarious!  Really outstanding work.  Great job!

Thank you so much! The bridge is pretty delicate, my kids accidentaly landed a ball on top of it which proved that theory...It does hold up quite well if left alone though, it's basically just wedged in from each side a bit to keep its shape. 

1 hour ago, Aurore said:

What a gorgeous scenery! The bridge is really beautiful, and I love the vegetation. And the goats. I agree with you, goats are way too expensive in Historica!

Thanks! Goats are truly hard to come by in Historica...:head_back:

As everyone has already agreed, the bridge is amazing. That technique is great but I imagine took a lot of patience to build! For me; however, the highlight is the vegetation - just beautiful. I love the gnarled looking tree trunks using the whip pieces! I absolute need some more whips now to try this myself!

On 4/1/2020 at 10:32 PM, Ayrlego said:

As everyone has already agreed, the bridge is amazing. That technique is great but I imagine took a lot of patience to build! For me; however, the highlight is the vegetation - just beautiful. I love the gnarled looking tree trunks using the whip pieces! I absolute need some more whips now to try this myself!

Thanks man! It did take a bit of patience :laugh: . Glad you liked the trees, I came up with that technique when i noticed I had gotten a hold of a bunch of those lassos and didn't really know what to do with them, haha! Looking forward to seeing you have a go at them!