Recommended Posts

Did you try to use Zetros and Jeep tires (although rear tires in harvesters are in scale as you made - front 81 and rear 68; or front 107 and 94 rear)...

It is very nice little combine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 1gor said:

Did you try to use Zetros and Jeep tires (although rear tires in harvesters are in scale as you made - front 81 and rear 68; or front 107 and 94 rear)...

Yep, and I didn't like them. The Zetros tires look good, but as you say, I need a 68mm rear tire that matches, and the Jeep tires are too small. This is is what I ended up with.

Glad you like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice combine!

19 minutes ago, 1gor said:

Did you try to use Zetros and Jeep tires

Would be my exaclty my first question :D

Seaching for similar red combines harvesters (e.g. Case 9010), I would have guessed the combination would fit, but the looks should be ok with your taste :-)

Another thing: The gears for the functions seemed to be place very oddly, but due to the limited space, I guess?

Otherwise, great functionality in such small space!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jundis said:

Very nice combine!

Would be my exaclty my first question :D

Seaching for similar red combines harvesters (e.g. Case 9010), I would have guessed the combination would fit, but the looks should be ok with your taste :-)

 

Otherwise, great functionality in such small space!

That was the reason of my comment when Zetros images leaked; more and more modern tractors because they use CVT transmissions use tires with smaller difference like combines, so for 107 tire 90-94mm would be ideal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really great work - one of my favorite technic combines ever! Love that you included the thresher and the corn head’s cutter. Looks like you found some very efficient solutions to be able to fit so much functionality in a relatively small model. Thanks for making the instructions so affordable 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say, having a mild interest in the subject matter, this looks damn near perfect to me anyway, really like the functions you chose to incorporate as well. I would love to see this as an official set and it certainly looks like it could be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not a big fan of these machines and it is a pity because they are plenty of mechanism to have fun but I am a big fan of all of your MOCs and this one it deserves to be done just to learn more of you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pattspatt said:

Really great work - one of my favorite technic combines ever! Love that you included the thresher and the corn head’s cutter. Looks like you found some very efficient solutions to be able to fit so much functionality in a relatively small model. Thanks for making the instructions so affordable 👍

Thanks so much, and I'm glad mine rose to the top for you. Yeah, the thresher was a must have for me, and so was the cutter head. I really wanted the grain conveyer from the head to the thresher and the auger into the hopper, but I just couldn't come up with good solutions. Finally, I always feel a little bit of guilt charging for instructions, so thanks for letting me know that the pricing is OK.

2 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

I have to say, having a mild interest in the subject matter, this looks damn near perfect to me anyway, really like the functions you chose to incorporate as well. I would love to see this as an official set and it certainly looks like it could be. 

Thanks again. I too would like to see an official set like this, but I have given up hope on this kind of model long ago.

2 hours ago, jorgeopesi said:

I am not a big fan of these machines and it is a pity because they are plenty of mechanism to have fun but I am a big fan of all of your MOCs and this one it deserves to be done just to learn more of you.

Thanks again for your kind words. I'm thankful that you like each of my MOCs. I agree, I don't find combine very beautify, but there are many mechanisms that are interesting. Trying to replicate one was a fun project. Thanks again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your models are always packed with functions and full of play potential while still good looking. This is no exception, very nice! :thumbup:
 

I have many of your models on my to-build list, might have to add this one too… so much to build, so little time. :hmpf_bad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice medium scale build packed with functions that I haven't even heard about before (but that's just my lack of knowledge on the subject, which is restricted to building the 8862 B model a long time ago, but definitely wanted to give you a heads up for it). I really like the swappable headers, and the bit of system build on it, and those cutter details using the soft axles!

Edited by gyenesvi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2022 at 11:46 AM, ludovisser said:

Your models are always packed with functions and full of play potential while still good looking. This is no exception, very nice! :thumbup:
 

I have many of your models on my to-build list, might have to add this one too… so much to build, so little time. :hmpf_bad:

I'm glad you like it, and my other MOCs. I hope when you get to it, you enjoy the build.

23 hours ago, AFOLegofan66 said:

I’m starting to build this now…very nice instructions!

Great! Sent a PM.

4 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

Very nice medium scale build packed with functions that I haven't even heard about before (but that's just my lack of knowledge on the subject, which is restricted to building the 8862 B model a long time ago, but definitely wanted to give you a heads up for it). I really like the swappable headers, and the bit of system build on it, and those cutter details using the soft axles!

Thanks! Yeah, it looked at 8862 B for some inspiration, but there was little that it contributed. I found 8274 to be a little more helpful.

Yeah, the swappable headers was a late stage add (I built the grain head only last week), but the removal was a first level design goal right from the beginning. And the soft axles were a "lightbulb" moment for me as a I was trying to find a good idea for the augers. I finally said, these would demonstrate what is happing really well. Then it was just about finding the right size.

Thanks for your comment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've said it several time, and will say it again: I love your MOCs. Your style is very distinct. Compact, packed with functions, and robust. You strike that balance between the amount of functions and it's robustness, which is a golden standard for me. Some people, including myself, try to cram too much into a small scale, and functions barely work, others go for a large scale and the MOC feels empty and not very creative. It seems you have standards almost as strict as TLG when it comes to reliability, but take you take one level up. Maybe not one...

The combine is brilliant, as others said the thresher and the straw spreader are very well executed. Thanks for sharing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great addition to the Atmos and lots of functionality and mechanisms - not that I understand too much of it :blush: - and not to forget: nice details. The size is also - let's say - handy.

For the rear wheels, I would have suggested the old 68.6 x 40 tyres and matching rims because they have more rubber on their flanks, but yeah, they are 2mm wider than the front tyres and there's no rim available in light blueish gray, so no perfect match. But there is a rim in white available and I think white would also look good at the front.

BTW, what's next on your list for the Thirdwigg Farm?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2022 at 1:49 PM, proran said:

I've said it several time, and will say it again: I love your MOCs. Your style is very distinct. Compact, packed with functions, and robust. You strike that balance between the amount of functions and it's robustness, which is a golden standard for me. Some people, including myself, try to cram too much into a small scale, and functions barely work, others go for a large scale and the MOC feels empty and not very creative. It seems you have standards almost as strict as TLG when it comes to reliability, but take you take one level up. Maybe not one...

The combine is brilliant, as others said the thresher and the straw spreader are very well executed. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the great comment and for the high praise. I know I am not the most popular builder out there, but I like what I make, so I'm happy it meets your taste. I'm now comfortable enough with my style that if I cannot get a function to work properly, I feel OK taking it out. If it doesn't work every time, what's the point?

This is the most meaningful comment I have received in a while, so thanks a lot.

19 hours ago, johnnym said:

Great addition to the Atmos and lots of functionality and mechanisms - not that I understand too much of it :blush: - and not to forget: nice details. The size is also - let's say - handy.

For the rear wheels, I would have suggested the old 68.6 x 40 tyres and matching rims because they have more rubber on their flanks, but yeah, they are 2mm wider than the front tyres and there's no rim available in light blueish gray, so no perfect match. But there is a rim in white available and I think white would also look good at the front.

BTW, what's next on your list for the Thirdwigg Farm?

Yeah, I'm over building big. If it doesn't fit on my desk at work, I don't build it. This also makes it a little easier for other to build them as well.

Thanks for the tire suggestion. I have some of those from the Rebel Wrecker, but the white rims I have are soooo yellowed that I tend to not use them in builds. But yeah, the sizing is great.

I have a couple of ideas for the Thirdwigg Farm, and I'm open to suggestions. I think there is more here to be explored, so let me know what you want.

For the time being I have drafts for a rotary mower,

NEW-HX7-ROTARY-CUTTER.jpg

and a towed rake. Both are for the Atmos.

Pottinger-TOP-422-A-and-462-A-Single-Rot

Also, I have a draft of a smaller tractor with a front bucket.

technology-and-innovation-tractors-mf-5s

So that's what's coming right now, but again, I think there is more to explore here, so I'm open to ideas and suggestions. I welcome them.

18 hours ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

Very nice model, packed with functions, just how I like them.:classic::thumbup:

Thanks @Jeroen Ottens, it's always great to receive praise from builders who are at least three ability levels higher than yourself. :classic: Truly, thanks for the praise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Thirdwigg said:

Yeah, I'm over building big. If it doesn't fit on my desk at work, I don't build it. This also makes it a little easier for other to build them as well.

I fully understand, I'm also not in big models, but probably because I'm missing the patience, though I can invest weeks in modfying existing models of mine. But the first protoype must happen in hours. Not sure how this fits together.

5 hours ago, Thirdwigg said:

Thanks for the tire suggestion. I have some of those from the Rebel Wrecker, but the white rims I have are soooo yellowed that I tend to not use them in builds. But yeah, the sizing is great.

That's cool, I wasn't fully sure, because - well - they're really wide. I painted mine black, btw there are also yellow ones available - well, at least they don't yellow! :laugh:

5 hours ago, Thirdwigg said:

For the time being I have drafts for a rotary mower, and a towed rake. Both are for the Atmos. Also, I have a draft of a smaller tractor with a front bucket. So that's what's coming right now, but again, I think there is more to explore here, so I'm open to ideas and suggestions. I welcome them.

Actually I wanted to propose a smaller tractor, but then thought, well, the Atmos is not really a huge tractor - at least not from the looks IME. But a really small tractor like the old after-war German ones (Fendt, Deutz, Porsche, etc.) with a little less functionality (PTO should be a must) and maybe even w/o closed cabin but rollbar would be cool. The new 49.5 x 14 truck tyres could make nice front tyres, but for the rear I'm unsure. Can't really suggest any of the attachments as I don't have a clue about such equipment.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, johnnym said:

Actually I wanted to propose a smaller tractor, but then thought, well, the Atmos is not really a huge tractor - at least not from the looks IME. But a really small tractor like the old after-war German ones (Fendt, Deutz, Porsche, etc.) with a little less functionality (PTO should be a must) and maybe even w/o closed cabin but rollbar would be cool. The new 49.5 x 14 truck tyres could make nice front tyres, but for the rear I'm unsure. Can't really suggest any of the attachments as I don't have a clue about such equipment.

 

Ooo, I didn't even think about that. I'll see if I can add it into the queue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another addition is added to the Thirdwigg Farm with the John Deere Scout Tractor. Built in the same scale as all the other machines, this Tractor has the same attachment points as the Atmos tractor, so all implements are interchangeable. 

Features:

  • Steering
  • Rear PTO
  • Lifting Bucket
  • Tilting Bucket
  • Removable Bucket
  • Front Implement Mount
  • Rear Implement Mount 

Free Instructions for the Tractor are at Rebrickable.com

52011876136_64ba86752a_b.jpg

Instructions for a small trailer are also free.

52011929808_e186cf2ba7_b.jpg

Instructions are also available for a front snow plow, and a rear snow blade. Find them at Rebrickable as well. 

52012393405_f98ebdbe05_b.jpg

The tractor makes a fun little companion to the Atmos tractor.

52012393415_bcee442718_b.jpg

And a little video of the tractor. Something is not working with my filming, so it's a little below my usual standards.

 

I hope you all enjoy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just as some official lego set tractor should have been.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done, this could have been a  TC22 entry I suppose? It seems it would fit in the 10000 sq studs and it truly is a pure technic build!

I really like the rear implement mount and the way most of the functions can be operated with the HOG knobs on top of the cabin.

Inspiring! You raised the bar again:wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantastic! Looks so clean and "complete", can't put in better words :-)

I'd love to see a pendular suspension on the front axle, but I guess it would interfere with the bucket arms?

Are you planning to do a bigger trailer (2 axles)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jurss said:

Just as some official lego set tractor should have been.

It was kindof the impetuous for this project. I guess many of my MOCs stem from disappointment of another design, for better or worse.

10 hours ago, jorgeopesi said:

Awesome as usually which is something unusually :thumbup: .

Thanks again for the kind words.

10 hours ago, TangersTechnic said:

This is well done, I love the level of detail you have in this.

Thanks a lot.

9 hours ago, GerritvdG said:

Well done, this could have been a  TC22 entry I suppose? It seems it would fit in the 10000 sq studs and it truly is a pure technic build!

I really like the rear implement mount and the way most of the functions can be operated with the HOG knobs on top of the cabin.

Inspiring! You raised the bar again:wink:

Yes, very much so. It's size is close (32x19x18) at 10,944 cubic studs, but some changes could have been made to bring it into compliance. I felt a little funny entering this into the contest as it was done prior to the start of the contest. I guess I didn't release it, so it would have been within the rules, but I have another idea, and time to get it done.

I'm glad you like the rear implement mount. It worked well on the Atmos, and will be used on the next tractor as well. It has helped to have an implement standard as well.

Yeah, keeping the HOG knobs easily accessible is a leading design principle for me, and the roof is a great way to do that.

Glad you like the build.

9 hours ago, Jundis said:

Fantastic! Looks so clean and "complete", can't put in better words :-)

I'd love to see a pendular suspension on the front axle, but I guess it would interfere with the bucket arms?

Are you planning to do a bigger trailer (2 axles)?

Thanks again. I agree, some form of suspension would be great. Actually, the issue with the pendular suspension is structural. I like to have two planes of chassis frame going from the front to rear axles, and, ideally, have this frame support both the front and rear implement mount. The front implement mount supports, and locks the front axle to the chassis. This means all implement mass and force is transmitted directly to the frame and the front axle. Having a pendular axle would compromise this support.

I guess the likelihood of mounting an implement on the front of this tractor is low as the bucket it there most of the time. I guess it would not be hard to try a version with the suspension and no implement mount. Let me see what I can do. I think the bucket can still remain, but I'll remove the front fenders as those would be the part the interferes with the bucket arms. 

I do have some plans to do a bigger trailer, but it's currently fourth on my (ever changing) list of what to work on next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.