Thirdwigg

[MOC] Thirdwigg Farm Machines (New John Deere Gator)

4 hours ago, Thirdwigg said:

@johnnym The hose is common length. It is 15 studs long. I hope this helps.

Yeah, that helps, thanks. :classic:

4 hours ago, Thirdwigg said:

Here is a video finally.

Nice and lots of different applicatiions - I already saw that on YouTube some days ago. Also your video about your latest pickup. :thumbup:

3 hours ago, Thirdwigg said:

The part list for the tractor is posted on Rebrickable.

Saw that already, thanks a lot! :classic:

3 hours ago, Thirdwigg said:

In the coming weeks, I'll add more of the trailers and implements. For now, only the towed mower is available.

Looking forward to those.

So I realize I am a couple of years behind, but it is time for me to learn how to use Bricklink Studio. With that in mind, I created a small compact loader to match the scale and needs of the Atmos Tractor. The MOC was a strategy to teach myself Bricklink Studio with a real life MOC, learn how to design "real" building instructions, and upgrade my competencies.

You may find the MOC, including the Studio Instruction PDF, and two IO files for free at rebrickable.com

Very truly, I welcome any feedback in the build, the files, or the instructions. This is all new to me, and I want to make sure I do this right. I have three MOCs finished, and I am slowly building them in Studio, so any feedback is helpful.

The MOC features:

• Steering
  • Boom Lift
  • Bucket Tilt
  • Interchangeable Bucket or Forks

Happy building!

51144354608_f4633a748b_b.jpg

51144354918_7476318539_b.jpg

51144933658_b39338238c_b.jpg

51147544330_049ee9d30e_b.jpg

51143461062_2bcc91b38a_b.jpg

800x565.png

Nice little loader :-)

I'd love to see 4 wheel steering here, have you tried to implement it?

This is the project that just keeps giving....

Some more front and rear attachments, and me learning how to do Bricklink Studio.

Furrow free at Rebrickable

51107306223_ecd0ef3665_o.png

Harrow free at Rebrickable

51104981350_cef1a9ebc4_o.png

Mounted on the tractor in lime.

51107154519_5f3c08297c_b.jpg

And a little friend to help load trailers. Find the Loader on Rebrickable, and the discussion on Eurobricks

51143461062_2bcc91b38a_b.jpg

2 minutes ago, Jundis said:

Nice little loader :-)

I'd love to see 4 wheel steering here, have you tried to implement it?

I tried to keep it simple for this build. Maybe for a little telehandler al la 8283?

I haven't yet had the time to download the instructions, but just from the render, I have one advice. 
Rater that using black for the tires color, use "Rubber Black" it will remove the shiny look on the tires 

And overall, good looking MOC, I might try to build it :thumbup:

Nice little model!
I like the use of new small tractor tyres, and I like the arm and bucket movements without using linear actuators :thumbup:

49 minutes ago, Touc4nx said:

I haven't yet had the time to download the instructions, but just from the render, I have one advice. 
Rater that using black for the tires color, use "Rubber Black" it will remove the shiny look on the tires 

And overall, good looking MOC, I might try to build it :thumbup:

Yep, I just learned this yesterday. Already changed on the next MOC.

19 minutes ago, mpj said:

Nice little model!
I like the use of new small tractor tyres, and I like the arm and bucket movements without using linear actuators :thumbup:

Thanks. I couldn't find the new Tires in Studio, but they do look better.

I tried to get linear actuators in the design, but I couldn't get the range of movement I wanted.

Nice lil loader, you have me idea for small telehandler...

2 hours ago, jorgeopesi said:

The best playable loader I have ever seen in that scale, my wife should go hiding the rice...

I'm sure you could find another grain to play with!:wink:

Glad you like it. It was a quick, fun, little build.

7 hours ago, mpj said:

Thanks. Added to my parts.

7 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Totally cool! :wub:

I like the yellow version :thumbup:

Thanks. I'm partial to the Yellow as well, but I wanted to throw a bone to all the Claas fans out there.

5 hours ago, SaperPL said:

Really cool MOC, well done.

Thanks!

I was reminded about two weeks ago, that I was supposed to finish the Ionos Sports Sedan last week. But what do I do when I am stuck on something? I design, build, create a studio file, make instructions for, and publish an entirely different MOC.

Either way, a little distraction is fine, especially when another MOC is the result. Right?

This MOC is the result of exploring Set 8283 a little too much for my Compact Loader; itself a result of wanting another vehicle to go with my Atmos Tractor. The influence of 8283 is apparent. 

51210306661_27d0e41c79_b.jpg

The MOC features:

• Four Wheel Steering
  • Boom Lift
  • Boom Extension
  • Fork Tilt
  • Cab Door

51211067669_d01f7543d2_b.jpg

51209592792_30ae84607c_b.jpg

The Thirdwigg farm has about everything you need except for a harvester. Hmmm.....

51209593662_d48e191215_b.jpg

My building in Studio is improving. But I am not sure my instruction making is. Either way, feel free to find free instructions for this, and so many other of my MOCs, at Rebrickable. The buffer exchange does not always seem to allow the direction I need to show inserting a part, so ideas about how to rotate that would be helpful. And I can't seem to figure out how to add, for instance the below two parts, as one subbuild and then demonstrate insertion. I'll keep working at it. But as always, questions, comments, critiques, and laments are welcome.

51211096529_028551f146_b.jpg

Now I am going to get distracted by a TC20 build....

Another cool little build, the shapes of the cabin are really well made.

Just out of curiosity - why didn't you go for gear rack piece when designing the boom extension mechanism?

As for free instructions - do your builds get built by a lot of people actually? I've got some free instructions, but barely anyone does that. It feels like it either has to be a B-model or you need a premium instructions promoted on a designer plan for people to start building your stuff.

Very nice MOC! The new wheels look really good. I like it almost as much as 42061. The boom extension mechanism you used is really innovative too. Does it extend as far as a rack and pinion would?

Purely simplistic and so well executed :-)

What a great little Telehandler!

Thanks everyone, and I'm glad you like it.

9 hours ago, lmdesigner42 said:

Very nice MOC! The new wheels look really good. I like it almost as much as 42061. The boom extension mechanism you used is really innovative too. Does it extend as far as a rack and pinion would?

On 5/29/2021 at 12:51 PM, SaperPL said:

Another cool little build, the shapes of the cabin are really well made.

Just out of curiosity - why didn't you go for gear rack piece when designing the boom extension mechanism?

As for free instructions - do your builds get built by a lot of people actually? I've got some free instructions, but barely anyone does that. It feels like it either has to be a B-model or you need a premium instructions promoted on a designer plan for people to start building your stuff.

The boom extends about 9 studs, which is all I can get from a 13 gear rack, and a little shorter then the Arocs rack would get. This design also allows for a shorter stack height, so the boom doesn't look so fat. Visually, this was the main attempt

I have no idea how my builds compare to other builds on rebrickable. About 50 people a day download my instructions, but it seems like many fewer than that are actually building them. I don't know if this is about normal or not, but it's enough to keep me posting what I have.

I make instructions so I can build what I designed again. It's a way for me to retain the design that I spent so much time putting together. If there are others who want to build what I made as well, feel free.

On 5/29/2021 at 1:26 PM, Maaboo35 said:

This is bloody awesome! Looks just like a JCB 531. Top marks, might build it in yellow. :thumbup:

I didn't even think of Yellow! Post a picture, I would love to see how it turns out.

8 hours ago, Jundis said:

Purely simplistic and so well executed :-)

What a great little Telehandler!

Thanks again. I'm glad you like it. It's these simple kind of builds I love the best.

Well the Thirdwigg Farm keeps getting more machines. I guess this is a good thing, but maybe irresponsible as no crops have been planted or harvested yet.

I present the Synthe Combine. After the Atmos Tractor, and all the other attachments, I felt it was time to branch out. Instructions are here.

51844899330_d650f32142_b.jpg

The combine includes the following manual features:

• Steering
  • Front wheel driven two stage thresher
  • Straw spreader
  • Adjustable grain extractor
  • Opening hopper
  • Opening right side
  • Header lift
  • Removeable header
  • Working cutbar
  • Cutting edge auger
  • Opening cabin door

51844160286_d211993ac0_b.jpg

Above you can see the opening side which shows the two stage thresher.

51844273643_3563eb85d1_b.jpg

Above you can see the hopper and the straw spreader, and how it works below

51807735034_3dee638662_b.jpg

There are two headers that fit the Combine: a corn head shown above, and a grain head (below).

51844273488_83aab7de12_b.jpg

It's a complicated build, but you may find instructions for the Combine with corn head and only the grain head at Rebrickable.com (I may be spending too much time in Bricklink Studio these days).

51843227332_fb110b0385_b.jpg

And for those of you who need something to watch, here is the video.

I hope you all enjoy.